Kayla

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 20, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:45057867
Discord name: Kayla1508
For how long have you played on CG SCP: A little under 2 months.
In what country are you located?: England
Time zone: GMT
Character name(s): Kayla
Civilian name: Michaela
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
N/A
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
N/A
-
Why are you applying for Medical Consultant?
Many people have suggested to me that I apply for consultant, inculding some highly ranked indivduals. Since I have gained a lot of knowledge about working in the medical department in my time as Sr. Doctor, I would like to put that knowledge to use and help teach others how to get the most out of our department. I have also had the pleasure of participating in some RP situations and would love to be a part of more
-
What makes you suitable for Medical Consultant?:
I have seen a spike in people asking to speak to doctors about their in character mental health, and a lack of medical staff with knowledge in this department. As someone with knowledge of this in real life due to my job and volunteer position, it would be a good opporunity for more roleplay chances within the medical department. I have been approached many times by people believing I am consultant asking for help with different circumstances, especially about medical lectures and I would love to be able to offer that opportunity to the trainees.
-
Please explain an in-game medical procedure of your choice:

I participated in an infected kidney removal surgery along side a consultant.
First off ask the patient to lie down and place a mask over their nose and mouth to administer anesthetic. Then ask the patient to take some deep breathes and count down until they fall asleep. Conduct a quick stimulation test to see if there is a response, if not, the patient is asleep. At this point, make the incision just below the ribs. Cut away the connected tissue and vessels, and remove the kidney. Once removed, stitch up the incision site and put the patient into the recovery room, removing the mask and ensuring they are monitored by medical staff and kept comfortable with medication if required for pain and discomfort.

What are the responsibilities of the Medical Consultant in RP?:
To educate and help other doctors/trainees with issues or questions. Also to help patients with any mental or physical issues that occur, diseases, infections, operations and more.
The consultant also conducts medical lectures for trusted trainees to receive their medical license.
Medical procedures including psych evals for higher clearance levels.
Reviewing documents written by people in the medical field.

Please give some lore about your Medical Consultant character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Kayla is an English woman in her 20s that has had a strained relationship with her family and friends resulting in a lack of support throughout her life. Instead of letting this get to her it only strengthened her drive to achieve her dream of working with the most vulnerable of people, providing support and help to them when they need it the most. At the age of 18 she moved out of her family home and took her life into her own hands.
Kayla has had her fair share of struggles in her life before foundation, however chose to find strength in those situations and pull on that to help others who may be facing the same struggles, leading her down the path of Psychology and Therapeutic Techniques. At the recommendation of a friend who has worked in facility for quite some time, Kayla accepted the position of Senior Doctor for the foundation in a hope to bring some fresh views and experiences to the medical department. In the time that she is not helping people around the facility she is studying and learning about different conditions and treatments to ensure that she can give every individual the care they need and help them to feel safe. With this new job in foundation, Kayla has started to discover her passion for not only the psychological side of the medical job, but also the physical health and has been practicing along side other doctors and the consultants each day to improve her skills.

Last edited:

Cece

Oct 11, 2023
++SUPPORT++

- Good application
- VERY VERY Active
- Always plays as Sr.Doctor or d-class
- Knows the medical department very well and knows what to do with basically every medical issue

<33 Crossing my fingers for you

Stealth

Blacklisted Player
Dec 4, 2022
+ Support

One of the most active medical on the server, extremely friendly and has already done a good amount of psych evals ext. Great Candidate and is professional when needed.

Good Luck,
Falcon

Reactions: Kayla

Jimmy “Sunny” Solburn

Dec 10, 2022
+ Support
- Extremally Kind and approachable.
- Professional Doctor.
- Very active within the department.
- Knows the ins and outs of medical.

She is yet another great candidate for the department, she would make a good part of the current Medical Leadership Team.

User XYZ

Oct 29, 2022
-SUPPORT

-If something happens that doesn't agree with her, she quickly becomes rude
-no good interactions - just bad situations
-In the RP, she ignores instructions from higher-ranking departments
-She ignores uniform foundation rules and invents her own and wants to apply them

Stealth

Blacklisted Player
Dec 4, 2022
-She ignores uniform foundation rules and invents her own and wants to apply them
If this was the case why didn't your report it to SA who are currently overseeing the department or a consultant?

Billy Boy

Sep 22, 2023
+support

- seen you active
- you basically live on the medical department
- i have seen no issues with you in roleplay, you've always managed to assist in it somehow

good luck with your application

Got proof of any of these claims? As from my experience it's not valid, I could be wrong and just have not seen it but would be good to see a little bit of evidence as you do have a Conflict of Interest (re. your ban appeal mentions her within it, likely she was invovled in the situ that got you banned)

AssassinsAim

May 24, 2022
+support

Been consistently active on medical
Approachable
Professional on medical at all times
Good knowledge of the department and how it operates

Neptune

Head Moderator
Head Moderator