Discord name: Lord Mirai (未来)#0039
For how long have you played on CG SCP: For a few months, like 3-4
In what country are you located?: Romania
Time zone: GMT + 2
Character name: Mirai Archaeus
Civilian name: Tarnus 'Setin' Domurrum
What server are you applying for? SCP-RP UK

Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: MTF E-11 CPL (held)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: 5 warns in the past, for misunderstanding rules

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
It's a position I've always looked up to, and I want to be a model for others to look up to in the same way.
As it's a more administrative position, it helps me learn more of the CL4 ways and lets me get a feel of how representatives actually function

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
I really care about the Research department, and its mission. It's probably the easiest way to get quality RP out of interactions with everybody, especially D-Class and SCPs. I put a lot of time and effort to make my documents thorough and consistent. Almost all my documents follow a template, so that a certain redundancy can be implied, and reusable data not wasted.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
At least 4, I would say. I do not recall the actual number, though. An excellent document must have the following:
- Home page ("splash" or cover)
- Document index
- Sections - Aim, Method, Risks, Conclusion and others
- A real purpose behind it, to strive to find out new things or to accomplish a real goal
- No (or very few) typos and well-formulated arguments

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
- Helps guide other researchers, so they do better and meaningful tests
- Encourages and assists them to write documents so they get them graded better
- Supervises researcher during tests or accompanies those who lack clearance
- Approves and grades documents, approves/denies cross-tests
- Formally represents the Science department when the directors are not present

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

It's been over three years since his appointment as Executive, yet Mirai was visibly frustrated at the slow, slow progress in his mission.

[Begin log, 29.05.20██ - 22:32:11]
Three soft wooden slams are heard close-by

--and for some reason, neither the Doctor, nor the Brothers want to lend me a hand in this, and I'm not gonna ask some bloody ma-- I don't care that it's 'old and wise'; It's almost like you guys worship 035! Enough, you've been less than useful. Goodbye.

A hard plastic clank can be heard, followed immediately by a soft bell

[Motion trigger; Camera split: CCTV CS/ScD/ExOff1]

Sr. Researcher Connor Langley knocks on the Executive Researchers' office door
Yes?
Excuse me, executive Archaeus, but I got some good news for you.
That would make me happy, what is it?
One of the type-greens want to speak with you.
Oh, that's fun, finally. Which one, the crazy one, or the crazier one?
Type-Green-B, sir.
No need for such formality, Connor. Do you wanna come along?
Sure Mirai.
Amazing, let me just clean up a tiny bit...
I heard shouting earlier, anything wrong?
Nothing to concern yourself about, just some people being less than useful.

Rustling noises can be heard near the mic

Oh?
What's that?
I don't remember turning the log on, might be from the books falling. I got my docs, let's go.
Why did they even fa--

[End log, 29.05.20██ - 22:33:56]

While the two were heading to the refurbished Heavy Containment Zone's non-specialized chambers.

So what's this great big project of yours, Mirai?
Well, I'd rather call "hobby" instead of project, as not many approve of it... but basically, you know how we got so many anomalies and many of them can do things we can't even think about properly without causing harm?
Yes? Very weirdly put, but yes?
This "hobby" of mine aims to find its real mechanics, of reality bending, of 049's cure, the teddy's healing and even our dear Thaumatologists' "magic".
But, don't we already know what they do and how to stop them?
Yes and yes... the latter to a degree, I suppose, but in the end, we do. What we do not know, however, is how exactly they do so; How their powers manifest and warp what should be normal into something extreme.
That's cool though, why are people against it?
Because they keep calling it 'dangerous' and counterproductive to my regular work.
Is it?

[CCTV feed: U-HCZ/NSC2]
The researchers go to Type-Green-B's containment chamber and enable the intercom.

Afternoon.
Oh, good afternoon doctor.
I heard you finally want to chat?
Yes, apologies, the past few days have been... not very friendly to us.
So that's why you both were unresponsive to me?

Type-Green-A suddenly shouts from the neighboring chamber
THAT AND YOU'RE ANNOYING, YOU INSISTENT [expletive].

Forgive my brother...
Yeah, it's ok, I know how he is.
So doctor, have you made progress?
Slight.
Keep the motes tight, wisdom is not all you need.
Motes? What does he mean, motes?
Slices of knowledge.
Bits of truth.
Wow. That sounds a bit... off?
Do you have the rest?
I have Stability and Harmony.
They will suffice. Know them by heart, then come back to me.
Hey! Just don't fade in the process!
It's ok, I'm not a star.
Pro luna, stella morietur.
Ex morte stellae, nova luna renascetur.

Cum dignitate, caelum venamur. I know.
What in tarnation was that?
The confirmation of my mission.

[Warning: Electromagnetic interference detected. Last 8 minutes recorded transmitted to RAISA]

Latin translation: "For every moon, a star dies; From the death of stars, a new moon is born; With dignity, we hunt the skies." (not ad literam, but is the meaning behind it)

Last edited:

Coolioo

top bloke
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
bossman lane
+support

I've had plenty of good interactions with you & you're active within the department & in general. Your RP is also above par, and I think you'd fit great as an Exec.

Next time you're on I'd like to have a look at one of your documents as I can't really comment on that so far as I've not seen/graded any personally. 3 documents that add up to 63 pages that are all content filled is crazy. My +support still, obviously, stands.

There's also a Connor 'Coolioo' Langley mention in the lore so I'm expecting +supports all round.

Best of luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Mirai (未来)

Lord Mirai (未来)

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Programming Team
Game Master
Jan 5, 2021
Romania
+support

I've had plenty of good interactions with you & you're active within the department & in general. Your RP is also above par, and I think you'd fit great as an Exec.

Next time you're on I'd like to have a look at one of your documents as I can't really comment on that so far as I've not seen/graded any personally.

There's also a Connor 'Coolioo' Langley mention in the lore so I'm expecting +supports all round.

Best of luck.
for sure, I can attach some here as well, if you'd like

Update, apparently once can only attach 10 images in a post, so this will be incomplete, but it should give you the general idea of this specific one
1685435713661-png.7846
1685435738472.png1685435750490.png1685435759395.png1685435773396.png1685435782518.png1685435801466.png1685435811652.png1685435819374.png1685435832150.png

Attachments

• 1685435713661.png
    1685435713661.png
    295.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
+Support
I have seen you on research numerous times.
Unsure if we have had many interactions, but the ones we have had have been pleasant.
Good applications with good answers (especially liked the lore).
Good documentation.

Hi Mirai, I'm a bit late to the party with this one, but I think you'd make a great executive researcher. I can't say I've got anything negative to say about you. You've clearly shown that you know how to write documents well and how to perform tests properly. Our interactions, although they have been (relatively) few, have been pleasant. All in all, I think you'd do a good job.

Regards,
Exec. Researcher James Overscott

Reactions: Lord Mirai (未来)

'The Affected'

Nov 7, 2022

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of Department of Research Leadership.

Hello, @Lord Mirai (未来)

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be elevated to the next stage. We will be in contact shortly.

Good luck.

Director of Research,
Jack "Cader" Raider

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Status
Not open for further replies.