[UK] Murlon/Hallowgrave Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murlon

May 31, 2023
Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): Murlon - Although I do not know what my first name was.
How many hours of playtime do you have? (vtime_menu in console): 3 days 23 hours within the last month (maximum vtime displays)
In what country are you located?: UK
Time zone: BST
Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): "Murlon" and "Hallowgrave" - Ex-Executive Researcher
Chaos name (include your rank): N/A
Civilian name: Barnaby Montgomery
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:106373067
Discord ID (name#0000): pepsimaximumtastezerosugar
Do you have a mic?: Yes
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications: Yes
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: Yes, I have a warning for RDM that I received the first time I joined the server. As GENSEC, I killed a D-Class who's torch I mistook for a pistol.

Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?:

Over the course of my time playing on Garry's Mod, I have been an administrator on two servers and owned one. This has given me a great insight on what is needed to be effective in the role. I understand the concept of maintaining and enforcing rules from a high-level and low-level view.

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:

In total, I have over 7000 hours on Garry's Mod, the vast majority of this has been on serious roleplay servers, some whitelisted. Excluding Garry's Mod, I have experience with serious roleplay across a variety of other games (Conan Exiles, ARK, and Reign of Kings to name 3). I would say with confidence, I have more experience than most with serious roleplay.

How many hours can you be on everyday?:

I work a full-time job and have a pretty engaging social life so wouldn't like to commit to more than I can so I will say a minimum of more than 1 a day; in reality it varies from 7 - 20 hours a week.

Why do you want to become a moderator for our server?:

Having played on the server for a considerable amount of time now, admittedly, I am feeling a bit unsatisfied with my in character progression which is causing mild burnout. I know from the past that I find administrating to be engaging and enjoyable so I am hoping to find a passion to reignite my desire to play, which I believe being a moderator would achieve.

On an additional note, I do genuinely enjoy helping people and this offers an easier avenue for me to do this. This server has incredible player traffic and lots of these people are inquisitive and curious. I want to be in a better position to help me.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
Without coming across as egotistical, I would like to think my experience speaks for itself. It has been a while since I have been staff in any capacity but I believe I am more than capable of transferring my old skills into this role. My staffing style is firm but fair. I bring a strong professionalism in what I do which also helps maintain the communities positive brand.

Boatzy

Jul 11, 2023
+rep
+thousands of hours and experience
+cool and friendly guy to talk to
+RP is 10/10

Last edited:

Murlon

May 31, 2023
Thank you all so far for taking the time to leave feedback. I took a look at the in-game achievements and I saw that the total time can be seen which I did not originally realise. The actual total time I have spent on the server is 13 and a half days, or around 330 hours which I have accumulated since the start of May.

Blondie

Mar 9, 2022
Sweden
Neutral

+Experience

+/- Not enough interactions

Hello,
Due to not having enough interactions with you on the server, I cannot give a proper verdict. Therefore I will have to give you a neutral verdict.

Nov 12, 2022
Application Denied

Hi @Murlon ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a moderator application.

After reviewing your application, It seems that you are not yet a recognized member of the community as of yet, with this it would be extremally difficult to vouch for you as a benefit to the staff team, become more engaged in our forums, Speak with people out of character chat and become a well-known member before attempting to re-apply

You may re-apply in 2 weeks​

Status
Not open for further replies.