[UK] O5-1 'The Sovereign' (2) Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's stopping you from leaving O5 again?
You've shown distaste for the position after your leave, so I don't know what's attracting you back, and what's preventing you from leaving again.

I also believe someone else should get the spot of O5, as you've had your time as it for awhile, but I won't let that drag the application down.

Reactions: Kayla
Mar 20, 2022
What's stopping you from leaving O5 again?
You've shown distaste for the position after your leave, so I don't know what's attracting you back, and what's preventing you from leaving again.

I also believe someone else should get the spot of O5, as you've had your time as it for awhile, but I won't let that drag the application down.
Everyone will leave the position Niox.

Initially I've been against it but due to the current quality of the O5 Council, I feel its more necessary than ever to build it back up to a good quality. The structure of the server at the moment needs a competently strong O5 Council. Whilst Ethics is in good state, they do not hold much sway in the grand scale of things due to their design.

The Council is the harbingers of top quality roleplay and the behaviours and action of some Overseers as of late needs addressing, correcting and retraining. Looping back to your initial point, after some time if the Council is at a great quality and everything runs like clockwork as it did a while ago, I'd return to the IA Farmstead and resume my endeavours there.

-support

I know this -support will be controversial, as Broda has tons of experience, a lot of people (including myself) like the guy, but however this isn't the problem.
I'll lay out my personal points and explain:

Someone new who hasn't been given the chance for -1, should be given the chance.

You've only just recieved DoIA around a week ago, however you want to take -1 already for the 2nd time.

If I'm not mistaken you did this exact same thing around 7 months ago when a bunch of O5s applied, you weren't O5, but you took -1. Although this could've been overlooked as it was your first time as -1, this is however the second time, along with it being completely out of nowhere is where I personally find to be the issue.

As others said, you've applied out of the blue despite you stating yourself you weren't going to apply for this role, shown & voiced your distaste for this role only a few days ago according to others. This seems like like an irrational decision, especially since one of your reasonings you stated in your application for becoming -1 is the 'immense bombardment of people requesting me to step back up again'. Based on all of these things, this doesn't seem like a you decision, this sounds like it's what other people want (which doesn't show compassion for the role).

You've had general distaste for the role, and if I'm not mistaken you've also said it was 'too tiring'. If you don't want -1 (or find it too draining), I would let someone who hasn't experienced it a chance.

Retention Concerns

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2023
+Support

Broda has shown a to be capable of a quite honestly worrying amount of RP. He is professional and he is very friendly to speak to. I do have some concerns with his retention but this concern has yet to be substantiated. I do hope the best of luck for Broda in his application.

-Support
Smells.

Broda, you are by far the most experienced player on this server having held both Foundation Senior CL5 Positions over your time here. I've known you since you first became and executive back in 2022, and you have always been a superb roleplayer, an excellent game master and in my experience a friendly face and helpful advisor whenever I have needed it.

I know you do not actually want this position but are bowing to the pressure of others in a selfless act which is very noble of you, and in my capacity as a player it is an absolute uncontested +support.

However, I know how hard you push your (both literal and figurative) Lieutenants, and although I don't consider myself inactive (18 hours in the past 7 days), I know you will expect more from me, which I do not have the capacity to do. Making my personal position difficult.

I believe the phrase is a "turkey voting for Christmas".

Regardless, I shall await the judgement of SSL and when you are chosen, I will be happy to brief you on what changes I have implemented and have planned while keeping your seat warm.

Everyone will leave the position Niox.
Of course they will, the issue is that you left O5 due to your disliking of the spot after enjoying it beforehand.
Since you've already experienced and gotten all of the enjoyment out of being a O5, I would assume it would just mostly be that annoyance of it for you again.

For the rest, I'm glad that although you don't like the spot, you're willing to take it anyways. The only issue that could arise is that you leave soon after getting it, due to again, your stated disliking of O5.

Overall I'll be giving this a +/-Neutral. You've been a good -1 in the past, and you've got plenty of experience and know how to create RP and what's good/bad, but I'm unsure of your commitment, and I believe another current O5 should get the position (As this same situation happened when you originally got -1)

Reactions: Broda
Mar 20, 2022
-support

I know this -support will be controversial, as Broda has tons of experience, a lot of people (including myself) like the guy, but however this isn't the problem.
I'll lay out my personal points and explain:

Someone new who hasn't been given the chance for -1, should be given the chance.

You've only just recieved DoIA around a week ago, however you want to take -1 already for the 2nd time.

If I'm not mistaken you did this exact same thing around 7 months ago when a bunch of O5s applied, you weren't O5, but you took -1. Although this could've been overlooked as it was your first time as -1, this is however the second time, along with it being completely out of nowhere is where I personally find to be the issue.

As others said, you've applied out of the blue despite you stating yourself you weren't going to apply for this role, shown & voiced your distaste for this role only a few days ago according to others. This seems like like an irrational decision, especially since one of your reasonings for becoming -1 is the 'immense bombardment of people requesting me to step back up again'. Based on all of these things, this doesn't seem like a you decision, this sounds like it's what other people want (which doesn't show compassion for the role).

You've had general distaste for the role, and if I'm not mistaken you've also said it was 'too tiring'. If you don't want -1 (or find it too draining), I would let someone who hasn't experienced it yet give it a chance and take -4.

Hi Appo, thank you for voicing your opinion and I am expecting similar words from other A1 members so I will take time to answer your concerns.

We are at a point in the server where the quality of RP and management has declined to the point it needs urgent attention. As stated before, If successful I will retrain the current Overseers to a great quality to tackle the future ahead.

Yes, I did just get DOIA and I do really enjoy the role, so if unsuccessful I am undeterred in my own personal endeavours to bring great quality RP to others. The IA Rework will be great.

The application requirements do not state you have to be a serving Overseer. To lump two points into one, yes I did voice my distaste for the position and took some time to think on it more. I apply out of urgency of the situation with the way the server is currently poised. With my prior experienced towards the end of my last tenure, I was dealing with some personal issues I will not disclose which impacted my ability to process issues clearly. This time around with such issue far gone, I have the vision and drive to tackle the current problems.

I do implore anyone seeking to comment on this application to ask questions, I am very open to answering them regardless of your viewpoint on the matter.

Reactions: Toaste
+/- Support
To be honest I have known you for a long time Broda and I really did enjoy the time I roleplayed with you and since you helped me a lot when I needed guidance back when I was LT, of course I would like to see you back but I would say you should give the new O5's a chance to become -1 since you held many positions before and you were a -1 before.

I wish you the best of luck Broda.

MTF Alpha-1 MAJ Meliodas 'Wrath'

Mar 20, 2022
Broda, you are by far the most experienced player on this server having held both Foundation Senior CL5 Positions over your time here. I've known you since you first became and executive back in 2022, and you have always been a superb roleplayer, an excellent game master and in my experience a friendly face and helpful advisor whenever I have needed it.

I know you do not actually want this position but are bowing to the pressure of others in a selfless act which is very noble of you, and in my capacity as a player it is an absolute uncontested +support.

However, I know how hard you push your (both literal and figurative) Lieutenants, and although I don't consider myself inactive (18 hours in the past 7 days), I know you will expect more from me, which I do not have the capacity to do. Making my personal position difficult.

I believe the phrase is a "turkey voting for Christmas".

Regardless, I shall await the judgement of SSL and when you are chosen, I will be happy to brief you on what changes I have implemented and have planned while keeping your seat warm.

You aren't inactive, just unsupported. I never expected great presence from many people as we all know this is a game at the end of the day and we play here to have fun.

Do not be defeated just because of another application, you are a good O5 and I hold no ill will. I appreciate the kind words as always.

Jan 6, 2023
Broda 'I won't return' Kagen

+support
While I'm keeping the +support since I agree with what you said regarding RP needing to be improved and after having read through all the responses here

I figure you should opt for -2 or any other O5 position instead. Let others that have been in O5 for a bit longer get a chance at -1. You can still enhance quite a bit despite not being -1, just that some of it still needs to go through the authorization from appropriate parties, but then again - I doubt they'll deny any suggestions when it comes to enhancing the experience for many.

Dennid

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Jul 30, 2023
+/- Neutral support leaning towards -support
Look we all know you are a fantastic RP leader and a great SGM, what concerns me however is that over the last few months you have expressed your dislike for the role saying things such as "You don't want the headache" in other applications for the role. So what will change this time around? you also did just get the DoIA position so I personally feel like you should spend more time in the role.

However I wish you the best of luck

Mar 20, 2022
+/- Neutral support leaning towards -support
Look we all know you are a fantastic RP leader and a great SGM, what concerns me however is that over the last few months you have expressed your dislike for the role saying things such as "You don't want the headache" in other applications for the role. So what will change this time around? you also did just get the DoIA position so I personally feel like you should spend more time in the role.

However I wish you the best of luck
Hi Dennid, refer to my answers on Appo's comment to address your questions. Thank you for your comment

Reactions: Dennid
Aug 13, 2023
UPDATING MY SUPPORT TO +/- Neutral Support
Reason why i've updated is alot of great points are being brought up and i actually quite agree with them. You left a while ago and all of the sudden came back for the position of -1. I'm thinking rather when a position of O5 opens you apply for it, rather than going straight for -1. It'll be better to let someone new try the position of -1 overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.