Not open for further replies.

Will 'Sentinel'

Jan 16, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:246253933
Discord name: _wildd
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Intermittently since January 2023
In what country are you located?: UK
Time zone: GMT
Character name(s): 'Sentinel', Will Devin (formerly)
Civilian name: Jonathan Wild
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
  • Overseer Assistant (Holding)
  • IA/ DEA Agent (Holding)
  • Epsilon-11 SGT (Held)
  • Alpha-1 SGT (Held)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
  • None

What O5 role are you applying for, and why (give the specific O5 number):

This application is for the position of O5-2. I am applying for the position as this poses an opportunity to progress within the Foundation (from OSA to O5). It not only represents an opportunity to create your own roleplay (on a wider scale) but also create better and more-developed roleplay for different regiments/ departments on site. My experience may not speak volumes (as I will touch upon in the next question), but by working under the Council it has led me to realise that I may be ready to branch out and create my own scenarios and storylines rather than be restricted to what is assigned to me and limitations that come with that.

In simple terms, I would like to hold greater influence and contribution to the site within a CL5 position, to further the roleplay and better the site both in and out of character. I believe the quality of my work as an OSA has spoken for itself (even if most will not be aware of it) and that this would be a step in the right direction.

What makes you the best candidate for the O5 Council?:

A point that I am sure will be highlighted is a lack of Senior CL4 experience. This is a point that definitely deserves to be highlighted (as progression usually goes Junior CL4 > Senior CL4 > CL5) but I believe that throughout my time as an OSA (and formerly Alpha-1), I have been able to demonstrate I possess the necessary skills to advance to a CL5 position.

As an Assistant, I have recently been elevated to become a member of the Factotum (an established inner circle of Assistants, operating at the highest level of discretion below the Council) which speaks to my success within the position. Currently, I am assigned to a project that spans 3 departments, engaging with those involved, establishing roleplay and overseeing the management of it. As many will be well aware, this is no easy feat and requires a candidate that can show leadership qualities, whilst also keeping a flow of roleplay.

I have additionally held this Assistant position for over 2 months, actively participating in orders, interacting with many departments and individuals and creating roleplay for various areas of the site. This included proposing a change to the Zone Jurisdiction Policy (which has been approved by Site Administration) and assisting recently with the GenSec monthly review whilst also balancing standard OSA orders and Council requests. Not only from getting involved with SA and taking part in the OSA-Executive Researcher program, but also by completing orders spanning various departments, I have gained an in-depth working of the site and what factors affect its operation.

My personal qualities also lend themselves to my success. I am very approachable and take the time to interact with many individuals around site, creating passive roleplay where I can. I can lead operations where necessary, as I formally did when I held the position of Fly on the Wall 1 (co-ordinating Alpha-1 scouting). My imagination also runs wild, allowing me to think up projects and ideas that are unique and that can be explored. An additional useful quality to have is document-making, this is something I very much enjoy (having made plenty, relating to many different topics/ areas) and something that I am a stickler on when it comes to quality and presentation.

Recent examples of me creating roleplay may be the current project I'm organising for the Council, this is bringing together an Alpha-1 Squadron, Research and the Medical Department in a multi-phase development with many moving pieces. I do not wish to speak openly about this given that it is on going. Additionally, I have proposed change to the ZJP which allows DEA more freedom on site, granting them joint jurisdiction with Nu-7 over EZ and F2. Through the Assistant-Exec program, I have enabled the creation of research roleplay and been involved in it myself.

My interactions whilst an OSA have mostly been limited to CL4, but I have been able to create roleplay for lower-ranking Foundation personnel by assisting Site Administration with their Monthly Reviews (which also granted me insight into their working) and conducting interviews where I can. My CL4 interview experience has included personnel monitoring I have conducted (where if there is sign of wrongdoing etc), I have written documents and then called the person up to Floor 3 for interrogation. It has also stretched to doing interviews regarding loyalties etc, of which I conducted 8 in 3 days. All of this contributes to creating roleplay.

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council in RP?:

The Council exists as the top of the Foundation Chain of Command, and that carries a lot of weight to it. They are roleplay leaders and are required to engage and create roleplay directly (eg. Alpha-1/ OSA/ SA/ Other CL4) or in-directly (eg. Approval of tests/ events/ delegation to lower clearances from CL4).

As mentioned, this roleplay may directly involve Site Administration, and it may be that O5 use Site Administration to get what they need done. This could include the implementation of certain policies on site or the guiding of a department in a certain direction. In essence, the Council oversees Site Admin to ensure that the site runs smoothly, and can take more control where they deem necessary to either boost roleplay (eg. OSA-Exec program or their own in RP interests) or where there are failures within the department that have not been addressed and are subsequently leading to a negative experience (for those both in and out of the department, settling disputes etc). The Council also holds a small group of Overseer Assistants that act as body-doubles/ proxies for them. These Assistants may be assigned orders to create roleplay in certain areas, or they may be expected to create their own roleplay (eg. Projects, meetings etc) but they will always be subject to the Council and their wishes.

Another essential area of the site is the Foundation Legal Codex, which acts as a site-wide guideline and also roleplay tool for departments such as Internal Affairs. The Committee is primarily responsible for the FLC, but the Council has the responsibility of ensuring that the Conduct violations remain updated and therefore they must be well-informed on the entire Codex. Although rare, the Council can chair conduct hearings into personnel (usually CL4) and based on the verdict (a verdict that must be well-informed), it can have roleplay repercussions for those involved (eg. the accused) and their respective departments (how stable a department is).

Additionally, the Council holds the ability to authorise certain in-character actions. It intermittently is the case in either a Code 3 or Code 5 that the situation becomes dire, and subsequently a Code Black is declared by Site Command in preparation for the launching of the Alpha Warhead. The warhead detonation acts as a roleplay reset and for a chance to return to normal when there appears to be no situation in which the site returns to normal on its own (roleplay being degraded by continued breach). They also hold the power to authorise the usage of Advanced Armoury to help combat a breach, or authorise mass-termination of D-Class when the combatives are unable to stop their escape. In the interest of roleplay, they may also approve tests on SCPs that can result in the SCPs termination or that perhaps tests that would extend beyond the regular bounds of the Legal Codex or Research Policies (discreetly of course).

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):

Their duties far extend in-game and they handle applications or have a say for:

• New applications to the Council
  • Applications for OSA
  • Applications for DoR
  • Appointing the Site Director
  • Appointing the Alpha-1 COM
They also may have OOC discussions with SL regarding server health and the best course of actions for in-character scenarios (eg wars), or co-ordinate with Gamemasters to organise events, both for Alpha-1/OSA and the wider site. An additional duty is the creation of orders for Alpha-1/ OSAs, to provide them with roleplay that can be built upon to include a wider group. At the end of the day, they are roleplay leaders and must be able to be able to develop roleplay for everyone even when not in-game.

Please give some lore about your O5 character and what storylines they would be involved in:

A righteous man, 'The Phylax' fights for the continuation of the Council and the longevity of the Foundation. He is balanced and calculated with his actions, and the projects support this. Project 1 is an introductory, to gain a reputation within the other commanding organs of the Foundation and to also develop favour for the character. 'The Phylax' believes that the most important resources are people, and that without the people to implement changes, take part in research or serve under you, then power is worthless. Project 2 is to make sure that the balance is maintained within the Foundation, as 'Phylax' means Watcher, Guard or Sentinel, maintaining eyes on the Committee and ensuring they do not overstep their power. Project 3 is a heavy research project, and ensures the continuation of the Council, by attempting to hold power over a dimension-hopping being that can be used as a pair of eyes, or as a weapon.

Personnel File
Project Dossier

Last edited:

Merrick Travolta

Oct 18, 2023
Neutral support leaning +Support

You lack Senior CL4 or CL5 which could be bad. however you make up for that with OSA experience which does give you a fantastic amount of insight into what a O5 needs. I wouldn't be sad if you got it.

Reactions: Will 'Sentinel'

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+/-Neutral
What makes you the best candidate for the O5 Council?:

A point that I am sure will be highlighted is a lack of Senior CL4 experience.
you sure guessed right!
Assistant -> SC without any other Sr CL4 experience is always iffy. Imo you should either go for a Sr CL4 role to understand what its like to be one before going to a CL5 role. You've also spent almost all your time as a OSA/A-1, which is good O5 experience, but a SC member should always have experience in other places as a CL4 to know how other DPT's run. I'm not going to burn you at the stake for not having any experience outside of OSA/A-1, but its always something that i look out for.
Other than that, from what im seeing above (And my own past interactions) you're a good OSA and are capable of doing things and stuff and all.

Best of luck

RedMann

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
Hello @Will 'Sentinel' I am going to give this a -support

I do like what's going on here, but in terms of RP creation you sort of list nothing, promotion into the Factotum is fine but it wasnt established by yourself. The only problem with this application is the lack of RP you have made to bulk up your chances. Unfortunately there is nothing to go off of in terms of what you've made, therefore i can't reasonably judge your abilities to create RP as a O5. The application is superb however and nicely formatted.

Best of luck.

Will 'Sentinel'

Jan 16, 2023
Hello @Will 'Sentinel' I am going to give this a -support

I do like what's going on here, but in terms of RP creation you sort of list nothing, promotion into the Factotum is fine but it wasnt established by yourself. The only problem with this application is the lack of RP you have made to bulk up your chances. Unfortunately there is nothing to go off of in terms of what you've made, therefore i can't reasonably judge your abilities to create RP as a O5. The application is superb however and nicely formatted.

Best of luck.

Hi Redmann,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my application.

I think you definitely highlight an important weakness in my application, as I have failed to list roleplay I have created. In my eyes, I see myself as a roleplay facilitator, who fills the gaps where needed, and creating my own roleplay is definitely something I can work on moving forward.

Recent examples of me creating roleplay may be the current project I'm organising (as mentioned in my application) for the Council, this is bringing together an Alpha-1 Squadron, Research and the Medical Department in a multi-phase development with many moving pieces. I do not wish to speak openly about this given that it is on going. Additionally (as also mentioned in my application), I have proposed change to the ZJP which allows DEA more freedom on site, granting them joint jurisdiction with Nu-7 over EZ and F2. Through the Assistant-Exec program, I have enabled the creation of research roleplay and been involved in it myself.

My interactions whilst an OSA have mostly been limited to CL4, but I have been able to create roleplay for lower-ranking Foundation personnel by assisting Site Administration with their Monthly Reviews (which also granted me insight into their working) and conducting interviews where I can. My CL4 interview experience has included personnel monitoring I have conducted (where if there is sign of wrongdoing etc), I have written documents and then called the person up to Floor 3 for interrogation. It has also stretched to doing interviews regarding loyalties etc, of which I conducted 8 in 3 days. All of this contributes to creating roleplay.

It was most definitely an oversight not including this expansion within my application, and for that I do apologise.

If I am able to sway your opinion in any way, or if you wish to see documents relating to these roleplay scenarios, please do not hesitate to contact me on Discord (_wildd).

Thank you.

Stealth

Dec 4, 2022
6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the ██ ███████ .

Hello, @Will 'Sentinel'

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be elevated to the next stage. We will be in contact shortly.

Good luck.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Status
Not open for further replies.