Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Dec 29, 2021
Harelbeke, Belgium
Screenshot_260.png
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:61544172
Discord name: aedius.
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Since the 29th of December 2021
In what country are you located?: Belgium ??
Time zone:
CEST (GMT+1)
Character name(s): Gregory McCain, Gregory Daniels, Adam McCain
Civilian name: Gregory McCainy
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK ??
Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
* Overseer Assistant
* Executive Researcher
* Site Director
* Site Advisor
* DEA Director
* IA Ambassador
* Alpha-1 NCO
* Nu-7 Enlisted
* Omega-1 Enlisted
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?: None

What O5 role are you applying for, and why (give the specific O5 number):

I am applying for the O5-4 role, because of the unfortunate departure of two of our overseers recently. The main motivation for this application is my drive to create and further help develop the roleplay scenarios that take place around the site. Up until this point, I have been trying to create roleplay scenarios as an overseer assistant and executive researcher, with quite a success up to this point. The storylines that have been created and the different roleplay scenarios that are currently being played out make up the majority of my time already, writing up interviews and directing a couple of operations that revolve around multiple departments and Mobile Task Forces. The overseer position would mainly serve to me as a way to create even more engaging roleplay and as a vessel towards attracting as many players into these scenarios as possible. As an assistant, I have been mainly executing the orders that have been given to me, but I have had some influence within these storylines and I do think that the role of O5-4 would elevate these stories, making me capable of incorporating other assistants and operatives of Alpha-1 within these stories and directing both new and ongoing roleplay in the right direction.

Besides the point of creating roleplay, I wish to obtain this role to help with reestablishing the Chain of Command within the server. I have noticed that a lot of requests and topics are brought up to site command without approval or the knowledge of site administration. This is mainly something that withholds the entirety of site administration from executing their daily duties, to manage and run the site. Halting these breaches within the Chain of Command will lead to closer and tighter communication lines on site and I will be enforcing this heavily. This is not to be seen as criticism of site administration or the current directors but as an encouragement to include an established group of players with administrative knowledge in the daily routine of the server to fully allow them to shine within their respective fields.

site_structure_diagram.png
DISCLAIMER: This picture is not made by me, but Metro. This does not only reflect the working of Internal Affairs, but close to all MTFs and departments

What makes you the best candidate for the O5 Council?:

I believe that my main feat is my experience within clearance level 4 positions within the site. Up until this point, I have mainly held clearance level 4 positions that allow me to discover the site from an administrative perspective. This experience allowed me to gain knowledge of Google documentation, formatting and integrating coding to allow forms to work with documentation. Most of these experiences would not have been possible without the previous generation of overseers that have served the council and I wish to thank them for these experiences and the information they have provided me. But I do think that I have arrived at a position where I can confidently say that I am experienced enough in leadership, administrative tasks and the general structure of the site, departments and task forces to take up a seat within the council. Because of the experiences that have shaped me on the server, I now wish to utilise it to form interesting and engaging roleplay scenarios and storylines myself. As stated before, I am included in many of these storylines already but I do believe that the job of O5-4 would allow me to fully utilise the experience, motivation and knowledge that I have gained to create scenarios that could include many players on the server.

Some of the projects I have directed or executed have been removed, but some of them stayed. This is something that can be expected as the server and the players evolve, resign, start playing and sometimes return. I do wish to highlight some of these so that I can show proof of my knowledge of both creating free roleplay scenarios for players, as well as some of my administrative knowledge of the Google platform.

The Alpha-1 squadron: "The Office of the Inspector General":
The Office of the Inspector General, or OIG in short, was a previous squadron that was tasked with performing arrests on senior clearance level 4 members of staff, enforcing the Foundation Legal Codex and performing bunk inspections on the different departments and Mobile Task Forces. This squadron was put in place after a lot of departments and Mobile Task Forces were found to have documents and information without the proper clearance level or filling them in cabinets that held access to lower classes of clearance, leading to a lot of info breaches and leading to a lot of ongoing roleplay being disrupted because of it. To enforce this, the squadron was put in place to combat leaks, protect OPSEC and make sure that everyone, no matter their clearance level, had to abide by the rules.

Link to the (no longer operational) drive

Research template:
During my time within the server, I have had a problem with documentation around the research department. This is mainly around the research study files. It came to my experience that performing research and documenting everything could be considered futile, since it would only be put on a big pile of files, never to be found back again. To combat this, I have made a research template that I hereby also set public, for all of the researchers, to note down their research on. This makes it easier to distribute it towards other researchers, keep it within a Google Drive to be found back without a problem and be easily read while leaving a lot of room for customisation. I have to admit that I have only made a couple of studies using this format, mainly because I have been included in a lot of storylines around the site, leading to me not having enough time to perform a lot of research studies. I do, however, recommend that every researcher has some sort of external drive where they can log their studies and research. This is so they can later find it again, copy it, or perform continued testing that could lead up to a story of its calibre.

Link to the research template

Declaration of neutrality:
There was a time when the GOC had taken a full hostile relationship towards the Foundation. This was a time when surface was a complete warzone. It came to a point that a new way of thinking had to be taken into account, a neutral way of going about both our operations. At the time, everybody was ready to lay down their weapons but nobody had any idea as to where our neutral line would be settled. This continued to drag on to a point where there were weeks of never-ending conflict between the GOC and the foundation. Me and the general at the time had agreed on some terms, and after a lot of meetings going back and forth, have decided to implement this agreement. This document may not look as much, but it did put an end to all of the combat and increased the roleplay and had to be arranged over a multitude of meetings that had to be held just to put a halt to the war between the foundation and the GOC.

Link to the declaration of neutrality

Besides this, I have taken part in a lot of storylines around the site and many of these are still ongoing. Therefore, I have decided to not list any of these current scenarios so that they can develop naturally.

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council in RP?:

• The main mission of the council is to create roleplay, further develop projects and keep people entertained around the site. This is mainly done by implementing new orders that make departments, Mobile Task Forces, site administration and other GOIs work with each other to accomplish these goals. They could be working alongside each other, against each other or as opponents towards first reaching their goal. This is the main freedom the council has, creating scenarios and roleplay that makes it fun for everyone.
  • The council oversees the site as a liaison towards site administration, acting as the final failsafe and as a mentor towards the site administration team. They only interfere with the operations when deemed needed and function mainly as advisors.
  • Although they hold the same permission as site administration or have extended permissions on these policies, they would function mainly to leave standard operation protocols, such as Advanced Armory, to site administration. Only when a code black or nuke needs to be called, the overseers would, in collaboration with the ethics committee and site administration, act with these extended permissions.
  • Oversees act as enforcers, making sure respect is in place and goals are met. This is by everyone around the site. When a department or Mobile Task Force falls below a certain threshold, being in respect or their general operations, an overseer would act on this and ensure that everyone is on the same line. This is to achieve a functional way for everyone to operate.
  • They enforce and make edits to the Foundation Legal Codex, this is done after consoling these decisions with the ethics committee, site administration and Internal Affairs. These occurrences are few and far apart but need to be listed as a reminder.
  • Utilise their assistants and Alpha-1 operatives to ensure that goals and insight are kept up to standards. These two groups highly depend on the current standard that the overseers put in them. Therefore, overseers must include their assistants and Alpha-1 operatives in as many roleplay scenarios and storylines as possible.
  • In consensus with site administration and the ethics committee, they act on reports and information to ensure that the right people are in the right jobs. There is importance in knowing when an individual has created roleplay and needs to be "punished" via a hearing or tribunal and when a person has neglected their duties, leading up to the deterioration of their department and needs removal. This is one of the main points that are currently enforced along the site, making it so that more extended roleplay could take place that would not lead to removals.

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):

The overseer council comes together to handle a couple of applications. These applications are voted upon via the discord thread system where they both vote, discuss and elaborate on their decisions. It is important to note that the final say rests on the shoulder of the current O5-1, but that he will value the input of the current overseers to ensure he is making the right decision. They do this for the following roles;

• Overseer Council Member
  • Director of External Affairs
  • Overseer Assistant
  • Mobile Task Force Alpha-1 Commander
  • Site Director
  • Site Manager
    (Note: this is done with the consensus of the current site director. This is not a position where the council has the final vote, they will rather assist by voicing their direct opinions on the current candidates without holding the final say. Their decision holds no real power, but could hold weight within the final decision of the site director)
When possible, the council tries to give advice and help members of departments or Mobile Task Forces they are assigned to, via external communications. They can assist with questions, and suggestions or provide insight into how a situation could be handled. These actions are strictly out of roleplay and hold no weight within the server since it is done in external communications. This is however beneficial towards keeping track of how a department is performing.

The council's performance is critical to the server's health. A good working council can provide the whole server with engaging and interactive freeform events where the council is only observant and hosting the storyline. The council must keep doing this, mainly to ensure that people do not fall in a state where they feel like many of the actions they take on the server are mundane and standard. To keep people engaged, storylines developed by the council could mean the difference between a player staying on the server and giving up.

Acting as an arbiter on external platforms is something that falls towards both sides of site command. When discussions arise and they become uncivil and hostile, the overseers could act, together with the ethics committee and site administration, as a middle ground between the parties and they could function as arbiters within that discussion. Even when they do not hold staff permissions, it is only common sense that the council acts in the best interest of the better of the departments, MTFs and the site as a whole.

Please give some lore about your O5 character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Screenshot_224.png
"You wish to know more about me? I'll clear you for my files, have a read."
"Know two things, do not break your question and do not break protocol."
"Oh yeah... You'll be amnesticated before you leave this room."
"Your actions now will determine how you leave."
-"O5-4"​
A command screen shows with green letters:

"DO YOU WISH TO PROCEED?"
> INPUT: YES
> INPUT: NO

Thank you for taking the time to read my application. I've put a lot of time and thought into both making this application and deciding to hit submit. That is why I would ask you to leave feedback respectfully and constructively.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 'Athena'

Grong

Dec 30, 2022
+Major Support
-Has been very active since his return to the server
-Has demonstrated his ability to RP exceptionally
-Highly competent and has shown this in many past roles
-App is ?

Lester Green

Oct 25, 2022
+support
Since coming back, he’s been very active and shown that he is more than capable of being an O5.

Broda

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 20, 2022
6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the ██ ███████ .

Hello, @Aedius (Gregory McCain) . Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation.

After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be elevated to the next stage. We will be in contact shortly.

Good luck.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Status
Not open for further replies.