For how long have you played on CG SCP: 930.5 hours

In what country are you located?: England

Time zone: GMT/BST

Character name(s): 'Saint' / Lucas Saint / 'Lucky' / Lucas 'Heretic'

Civilian name: Lukas Fletcher

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK

Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- GOC 1SGT (Current), Alpha-1 LT, Nu7 LT, CI-B and E11 LCPL (Current)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
-1 Fail RP and 1 Metagaming warning however, I got these when I was new on the server and wasn't too clear on the rules, since then I have became a mod and haven't had a warning/ban in 3 months.

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
-I have long been interested in the research department but I either felt incapable of providing decent tests and RP or felt too busy with my MTF roles. However, now I have learnt proper time management skills and enhanced my RP knowledge and capabilities thanks to all the roles I have held in the server. Recently I have got my research to level 20 and wrote my first excellent document and now I feel confident I can enhance my own and other RP through the executive role.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
-During my many hours on the server I have either been working close to or as a researcher and it was in this time I believe I have picked up a number of qualities that will make me the ideal candidate for being an executive researcher. For example, I have held two Cl4 positions so far that being A1 and Nu7 LT giving me Cl4 experience. Another example is my GOC career, in the GOC I have played a fair amount of time as the R&D role where I believe I have excelled at practical testing and research related RP. As a researcher I have attended many lectures about the code of conduct/ethics and proper document formatting, although it was only recently I felt confident enough to submit excellent level documents. As a moderator I also have extensive knowledge on the server rules meaning I can be trusted not to break RP and make the RP of others around me better. Also from being a moderator I have learned to always be professional and calm even at the worst times, I believe this quality is especially helpful going into a position where I could be asked for advice or others could turn to me about their problems.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
-So far I have made 1 excellent document but I plan to make more. As for what makes a document excellent it is a combination of multiple things. One of these being spelling and grammar, although it is not many peoples strongest point proper grammar and spelling makes any document look more professional and realistic. Another example being formatting, once again proper formatting makes a document look more professional and realistic however, it also makes it more accessible to others which I think is a very important aspect of a research study. Another example includes content and detail, the use of vocabulary to properly describe your tests and convey your intentions is critical to writing an excellent document because without it your work won't stick out to people and the main goal of research is to better inform people. My final example is the use of images and other tools, these tools help your research stand out and it can also provide greater detail of your research after all a picture is worth a thousand words.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
-Through spectating executives and interviewing them I believe the RP responsibilities are as follows. An executive researcher is seen as someone you can approach to ask questions or advice, I believe this is the most important aspect as this is what keeps people in the ScD and what ensures RP in the ScD stays quality. Grading documents is another vital aspect of being an executive researcher, this is what keeps players progressing as researchers and what elevates them to the position of executive or higher. Hosting lectures is another vital aspect of being an executive as keeping the ScD well informed keeps researchers out of trouble with both IA/Ethics and server staff. Lastly testing on clearance 4 SCPs / overseeing tests on clearance 4 SCPs, this is vital to the servers health as it keeps players interested in playing SCPs and makes them less likely to go AFK or quit.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Lucas was born in Birmingham, England. He always excelled at school and aimed to be a scientist, throughout the years he would work his way up to a university degree in biology and would later work in a remote laboratory located north of dover. It was in this lab where he would be thrown into the anomalous world.

One day like all the others Lucas went into work to examine samples collected from local nature. Bored out of his mind at checking the same thing every day he went to find his own plant trimmings to examine in a little grove outside. The air was thick and humid, which was quite irregular for England but Lucas wasn't focused on that at the moment instead he was fixated at a bright purple flower that stuck out like a diamond among rocks. He cut the stem at the base and brought it back to his lab to examine it fully. When he put it under a microscope however he noticed something was off, the cells of the plant were cancerous multiplying out of control, after removing the plant from the observation slide he quickly placed it into a jar and showed his co-workers. When they examined the plant they remarked their hands feeling odd and moments later cancerous growths rose from their hands. He noticed his co-workers had forgotten to wear gloves when examining the plant but that didn't matter now, most of them lay on the floor convulsing and unable to speak. Lucas quickly grabbed a hazmat suit from the supply closet along with 100 ml of nitro-glycerine. He quickly but carefully suited up and carried the nitro-glycerine to the lab where a scientist he hadn't noticed before was observing and taking notes. 'Get the fuck out of here!' Lucas screamed but the scientist was paying no attention so Lucas grabbed him by the collar forced him out of the room and threw the nitro-glycerine inside. The building was lit ablaze and the lab was destroyed the only survivors being Lucas and the other scientist. After they were both clear of the building the researcher gestured for Lucas to take off his suit headpiece and shortly after chloroformed him. Lucas awoke in a foundation transport vehicle where the researcher sat, he had turned out to be a undercover intelligence agent and was scouting for any anomalous material in that lab. "I've got to say you made quite the mess back there." the agent said calmly. Lucas' eyes darted around the trailer like container he seemed to be in then he replied "I did what I had to do". The agent took a long look at Lucas then remarked "We could use people like you." Lucas replied "For what?". The agent handed Lucas a document detailing the SCP foundation and specifically their science department. "So are you interested?" asked the agent, Lucas briefly thought about what he really had left for him in England and finally responded "Yes".

After he was introduced to the foundation he slowly rose the ranks of the ScD becoming a Senior Researcher after a couple of years.

One day like all the other Lucas went to inspect the documents in the filing cabinet of his office when a message was relayed to him over comms "This is the department director of research, I wish to share a proposal with you" and as soon as the messaged ended Lucas stood up and began walking across site 65 to see what fate awaited him...

Thank you for reading my application,

-Saint

boku

Sep 9, 2022
Portugal
+SUPPORT
+ Playtime

+ Good understanding in a matter of rules
+ Good Lore
+ Previous CL4 experience
+ Seen you before, multiple times
+ YOU ATTENDED MY LECTURE YESTERDAY

+/- Concerned on how you would grade documents since you only did 1 excellent document

OVERALL, I’ll give this Application a +Support based on the reasons stated above!

Wish you the best of luck,
'boku' Miyu

Last edited:

SS3920

Aug 11, 2022
+ Support!!
- Very good documents
- Very friendly :)
- Seen you multiple times
- Only good interactions
- Good RP
- Previous CL4 experience

Good luck :))

Millzy

Donator
Mar 28, 2022

Application Accepted

Hello Saint. Thank you for taking the time to make an Executive Researcher application. I am pleased to inform you that your application has been accepted! Before you proceed however, please contact either myself (@Millzy) or Dpt. Director Jeremy Siens (@MrSiens) for a secondary interview.

See you soon!

Reactions: boku
Status
Not open for further replies.