[UK] Sarah Stevens' Executive Researcher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS3920

Aug 11, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:91581072
Discord name: fox_hancxck#8898
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 2 Months (maybe 3)
In what country are you located?: United Kingdom
Time zone: GMT
Character name(s): Sarah Stevens
Civilian name: Sarah Stevenson
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- None so far

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- 1 Warning for toxicity a month or so ago, I know this is wrong and i have tried to apologise to the person i was toxic towards. I haven't had any warnings since.

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
- Even as Sr. Researcher I've enjoyed helping Jr/Researchers learn the ropes. I find it extremely rewarding watching them go up the ranks and conduct some really good research. Its also something I would like to do to challenge myself and build up on the skills that I have already learnt through working as a researcher.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
- Im very active despite a 3 week gap where I was on vacation, hence why I didn't make this application earlier. Since ive been back ive been online almost every day and even with being back at University i know that I can keep my activity at a stable level. I think ive build some really good relationships with my colleges and even with some of the D-class. I have also matured in the aspect of roleplaying over the months that I have been on this server and have a much greater appreciation for it now in contrast to my earlier times. I also have good grammar and know how to correctly document my tests and ethically conduct said tests. I also have a good knowledge when it comes to researching that I believe I could correctly help those who are newer to the research department.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
- Ive written 5 in total, however, this would have been a larger number had I not gone on vacation for so long. An excellent document includes at the very least; an aim, method, conclusion and an introduction to the scp's you are working on. I personally like to add in a few extra sections such as; personnel list, safety precautions and a page list to help navigate my documents better.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
- One main responsibility of an Executive Researcher is to help Jr Researchers by answering any potential questions they have and helping them go in the right direction in the field. This also includes explaining to them how to write documents, how to correctly and ethically conduct research. There is also the responsibility of grading documents fairly. Another responsibility would be to authorize tests and ensure that the researchers doing said tests understand the clearance, risks and responsibilities of the tests.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Sarah Stevens has been in the field of research and chemistry for as long as she can remember. She graduated with a doctorate in Biochemistry and had been working on a cure for an unknown virus for two years before she was approached by foundation personnel. Of course she was a bit wary of this man as shed obviously never heard of the SCP Foundation. After sitting down and having a conversation with this man, he explained to her the virus she had been working on was [redacted] and they too had been trying to find a cure. However, Sarah had taken a completely different route when it came to curing it, perhaps because she wasn't looking at it like it was [redacted] but more like it was a common cold. After learning more about the foundation on what they stood for she accepted the job.

After 7 months of working there Sarah was doing some research on SCP-049 which went incredibly wrong. SCP-049 managed to breach and a massacre occurred. During this Sarah lost her closest and only friend in the foundation. This sparked an unbridled hatred towards SCP-049 and has now made it her personal mission to destroy 049 and everything he stands for. This is obviously not easy but she has been working on it relentlessly for years. During the years of working closely with SCP-049 she has started to gain a soft spot for him, but despite this, she still feels the need to kill him. She knows it going to hurt but he has to pay for what he did to [redacted].

She has managed to understand SCP-049 better but hasn't figured out just how he works yet. But, she truly believes one day she'll get there.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
Neutral+/- leaning towards -support
- good active
-lackluster lore ive seen way better lore and thats my main reason why im giving this a neutral
-app seems poorly made
-mature

i believe if you got better at writing applications for tips look at scp command applications those are usually top of the line high quality that would give you a good idea on what a good application is like also the lore is a bit lacking which should certainly be longer and more detailed

Reactions: SS3920

Alucard Vesper

Sep 21, 2022
+Support

+ Active
+Mature
+Good knowledge
+Good documents
+Friendly

Only ever had good interactions, and seen that you work well with others and are clearly a respected member of the community.

LegoManOnHash

Aug 31, 2022
Hello Sarah, I will be giving you a +Support
--------------------------------------------------
+Mature/Active/Friendly
+Knows how to write excellent documents
+Great in RP situations
+Understands the role of Exec. Researcher

-------------------------------------------------
+-Answers questions // Lack luster in detail
-------------------------------------------------
Hello Sarah, I fully support you and I do believe you have the skills and attitude to become an Exec. Researcher.
I wish you the best of luck!

Cosmic

Apr 25, 2022
Hello Sarah, today I will be giving you a +support for the following reasons:
-Mature/Active/Friendly/Easy to talk to
-Excellent documentation
-Is excellent at RP in all situations
-Fully understands the position of executive

I see no reason why Sarah should not be given at least a chance to prove she is capable and able to excel at this position, she is friendly and easy to approach which is important for a executive. Additionally, she is very active and mature and I have not once seen her minging or generally trying to be in the way or annoying. Best of luck with the application !

Finn

Jun 14, 2022
+Support

Good interactions so far
Decent app for a basic CL4 position

brewr

Jun 23, 2022
Scotland
Application Accepted

Well done Sarah! We have decided to accept your application. You have shown effort and dedication towards the Scientific Department plus you have received good support from the community!

You have always acted in a professional manor and I consider you to be a really approachable figure. Your work has been amazing within the department as well.

Please contact myself
Brewer#0879 or Jeremy Siens Smug#5737 to continue to the interview process.

Status
Not open for further replies.