Civilian name: Mark Hudson
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

Currently: Alpha 1 CPL, C.I Gamma
Held: Site Manager, A-1 CSG, GSD Captain, E-11 CPL
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?: No

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:

I am attempting to apply for the role of Ethics Committee member, The reason is during my time as a site manager I was able to contribute more as an individual which always seems to have a positive impact on the people I was involved with. Furthermore, it will allow me to expand as an individual and create Roleplay from a different aspect as being a role play leader.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:

Leadership: During my time as both A1 CSG and Site Manager I gained a great amount of experience in completely different ways. I learned how to handle things in a combative way and lead people to have the outcome that is needed. With the site manager, I learned how to deal with much more complex situations that result in conversations and politics. Being able to listen to both sides of the coin before concluding. The main thing for me is that where I don't have a lot of knowledge I make it a priority to become familiar with it so I can be able to help others better. A good example to use is with Nu-7 Guardian Angels subdivision. During my time there I had many talks with the leaders of the regiment and the sub-division and passed on the stuff I learned to help them improve and thrive in their areas. Alongside this, I got in touch with the E11 commander and suggested some things that I now believe have been implemented into their day-to-day and also when hosting trainings and events which overall has greatly benefited the regiment and again helped them thrive

Roleplay: With the previous jobs I've had and my position within the staff team, This is a big one for me. I always try to ensure for the most part that People enjoy the roleplay that I am involved in. For example, during my time as a GSD captain, I would conduct training and things to do for GSD so that they would be able to get away from the tedious roleplay loop that occurs more often than not and give them a fresh scenario. Alongside this as a site manager, I had a lot more responsibility, especially for MTF, I was heavily involved with E11 and Nu-7 giving them new ideas on pieces of training, and how to handle breaches and intruders along with helping them improve their regiment internally so that they have members that would want to stay in the regiment and making their regiment encouraging for new members to the server

Willingness: One thing I will say that is if I don't know I'm not afraid to either get thrown into the deep end or learn from more experienced players than myself, I thrive on challenges and wish to make the best out of every situation. Sometimes that requires me to sit down and learn. This happened during my time in site administration i had very limited knowledge of the in-depth handling of SA and how they run but with the help of the rest and a little due diligence, I would say that I became a very effective member of SA. To reiterate anything that I don't know about the position given adequate time I will naturally learn the role and hope to thrive at it.

Documentation: The only real documentation that I have to show is probably the Guardian Angels adding something into the handbook and some reviews for department reviews. All other stuff has been in game documents however I don't believe that I would have gained the role of site manager with poor documentation skills

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:

The responsibilities of an ECM are to ensure that the facility is ethically conducting itself by such as holding up the FLC and enforcing it with the help of o1 when required. They also have the responsibility along with the O5 council of updating the FLC when required.

Dealing with CL4 personnel who violate the rules by the FLC holding a fair tribunal and giving the appropriate punishments to said people so that fairness is always given, The Ethics committee also is responsible for authorizing Mass Termination when all other measures fail and providing MTF with the access to the Advanced Armory when required.

They are also there to make sure that the departments are doing their due diligence to be effective department and will provide a monthly ethical rating on their performance for that month They can also co-side with O5 or by themselves and audit on the day of underperforming departments to get to the bottom of problems within the department.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):

- Ethics Assistant applications
-Internal Affairs Director
-Site Director [Joint with O5]

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Last edited:

Revolutionary

SCP-RP Staff
Aug 25, 2023
+Support
-Great at RP
-Previous Site manger
-Active
Application may be short yes but I believe you’re quite capable of CL5

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
Neutral leaning to +Support

Although the application is lacking in places such as understanding ECM's role in RP, as stated by Eidolon, Scotsman is a great guy and would get it right given the chance to know exactly what to do as an ECM. Alongside SA experience and being SL, I believe that with a few improvements on the application Scotsman would be suited for ECM.

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait

+Support

- Sutied for the role
- Great RP
- Active
- Past expirance as SM

Note: add detail to your application it really lacs

Cary “Raven”

Jun 26, 2023
- SUPPORT

I really hate to give you a - support but really Scotsman? Is this all you can do, the application is lacking as hell. With this you could maybe get Captain bruv. You do have good experience and are a long-standing member of the community but I do not beleive that it ways up to the fact that your application is kinda crappy. Also, there is no slot open and you’re eager to get the position as soon as somebody gets ECC which makes me think you are just here for the position and nothing else.

I still wish you the best of luck tho because you are a chill guy, just kinda disappointed

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
-Support
-Application lacks a lot of detail

Last edited:

RoxieCat2003

Oct 29, 2022
-/Neutral

I believe you'd make a good ECM but please make the app bigger.

like I'm certain you'd get it if you just beefed up the application real quick! Good luck!

Scotsman

Oct 21, 2022
- Support

- Lack of detail
- SUPPORT

I really hate to give you a - support but really Scotsman? Is this all you can do, the application is lacking as hell. With this you could maybe get Captain bruv. You do have good experience and are a long-standing member of the community but I do not beleive that it ways up to the fact that your application is kinda crappy. Also, there is no slot open and you’re eager to get the position as soon as somebody gets ECC which makes me think you are just here for the position and nothing else.

I still wish you the best of luck tho because you are a chill guy, just kinda disappointed
-/Neutral

I believe you'd make a good ECM but please make the app bigger.

like I'm certain you'd get it if you just beefed up the application real quick! Good luck!
-Support
-Application lacks a lot of detail
-No current CL4 role
Neutral leaning to +Support

Although the application is lacking in places such as understanding ECM's role in RP, as stated by Eidolon, Scotsman is a great guy and would get it right given the chance to know exactly what to do as an ECM. Alongside SA experience and being SL, I believe that with a few improvements on the application Scotsman would be suited for ECM.
I appreciate all your feedback, I've taken it on board and added a first section and will fix the rest tomorrow. Hope you have the chance to read it [UPDATE] i have went through it and added a little more detail and cleaned it up a little.

Reactions: 'Jerome' and Niox

Charles "Ze" Whittme

Apr 4, 2023
- to: "Scotsman" <scotsman@s65.scp.fo>
- Subject: Ethics Committee Member Application
ec.png

The Ethics Committee

Dear Scotsman,

I write to you today representing the unanimous decision of The Ethics Committee.
We are delighted to see you have applied for a position in the Committee, however we are currently not accepting applicants.
For the time being, until a slot in the Committee opens, this application will be put on hold.

Warmest regards,
Charles "Ze" Whitmee.
Ethics Committee Member

Reactions: 'Blue'

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
i remember back when you were a site manager and you used to come screw around with E-11, before leaving that to go join the Overseer Council's Personal Random Glorified Combat Medic Squadron. those were some fun days. since you're getting into SC, i wonder if that would be possible once more... the new blood could certainly use the scotsman treatment.

+Overwhelming Support
good for the position, has previous and good experience in SA, interacts with other departments well and often - seems ready to start their CL5 career.

RedMann

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
- to: Scotsman
- Subject: Ethics Committee Member re-assignment request
ec.png

The Ethics Committee

Dear @Scotsman

The Ethics Committee has taken your reassignment request off hold. Deliberation will be held in the coming days and you will be delivered a verdict. We ask you remain patient until then.

Regards,
Ethics Chairman Oisín McKenna

Mark Belgrum (Dutch)

Oct 5, 2022
The Netherlands
Neutral leaning to +support
Active friendly and approachable. As I also stated to daniel I would like to see you hold a CL4 position once again. Application it self is fine and you actively improve on feedback.
Good luck!

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
I will give an update on my -Support due to it being on hold for a while;

- Removed from A-1 for Minging
i will give an update on my +Support due to learning new information;

+Removed from A-1 for Minging
perfect fit for ethics

• Haha