[UK] Slash's Director of Researcher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slash

Dec 18, 2021
Steam IDSTEAM_0:0:41248711
Discord Nameスラシュ#0001
For how long have you played on CG SCPSince November or December 2021, and overall about 12 weeks of playtime on the server. I stopped playing from mid February 2022 until August for issues in my personal life.
Age19
In what country are you locatedNorthern Ireland
Time zoneBST/GMT
Character Name(s)'Slash'
'The Deceitful'
Civilian Characters'Slash'
What server are you applying forSCP-RP UK
Do you have a micYeah I do.
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have heldSite Advisor (Held)
Site Director (Held)
O5-5 (Held)
Ethics Assistant (Held)
MTF E-11 SGT (Held)
Executive Researcher (Held)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?

I believe I have a few from a long time ago, but it has been over a year since my last warning.

Why are you applying for Director of Research?

At the moment, I believe that the Research Department needs an experienced and trusted individual to help guide the department into future success.
I have recently left O5-5 to step away from the larger politics and being one of the foremost decision makers for the Site, but I am still very much interested in the roleplay leadership positions, and Research is the department that I essentially "grew up" playing in, with up to almost a half of my total current playtime being in Research exclusively.
All of this is to say that I would most certainly be interested and capable of taking on this role.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?

I believe that the most obvious thing I could say to this would be my experience, which stands out for itself.
During my time as a member of the O5 Council, I was assigned to oversee all on-site matters relating to SCPs, which naturally included the Research Department.
I have had many an insight into the inner workings of the department, the departments leadership, and further intentions for what the department is going to accomplish.
On top of my experience within the O5, I have also had plenty of time within Site Administration to interview, learn from, and help the members of the Research Department, further solidifying my experience with the Research department itself.
I can go on to explain further with all of my experience, detailing my time within E-11 which helped me learn the ins and outs of every single SCP on site, and my experience even as an Executive Researcher (or mostly Senior...).

I think other qualities that make me suitable are my flexibility, and general agreeableness. I believe that it is important for leaders to take strides to represent who they are leading as best they can, and I can certainly say that this is something that I have focused on doing during my entire time as Site Administration/Command.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?

The responsibilities of the Director of Research could be very simply put into a few words -
Manage and maintain the Department of Research.

This encompasses many different responsibilities, such as authorising tests for up to Euclid -Euclid class SCPs, coaching all manner of Researchers, from Junior to Executive, and liaising with Site Administration to implement new policies and procedures for the Research Department.
Furthermore, the Director of Research needs to stand out as a good example for all other members of the Department, and be able to stand out as a symbol for what the Research Department should be.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in

----[Begin playback of Sequence 682.05-A]----

Dpt. Director
So, we've tried everything we have to offer. Poisons, weaponry, explosives, even other SCPs. Quite frankly, we're running out of ideas here.
Can one of the assisting staff grab me a record of the cross-tests we've done so far. All of them, yes, please.

Exec. Researcher - 'A'
Yes, Doctor. So far, we've tried all subjects on-site, including SCP-914. Even that didn't work, seeing as it's still here.

Dpt. Director
Let me see the SCP-914 trials, what became of them?

----[The Dpt. Director reads through the file, laughing quietly.]----

Dpt. Director
Lasers, robotic limbs, it really does get worse with everything you read about it, doesn't it?
Contact the Ethics Committee. We've got some more testing to do, Executive. I'm sure some of the other sites will be more than willing to send a few gifts our way to help get rid of this.. thing.

----[End playback]----

Three men sit around a table, with a pile of documentation sitting in the middle, alongside a tape recorder and a small bluetooth speaker.
The room is uncomfortably quiet.

???

Where are we going with this?

???
Surely with all the knowledge of the Foundation, there's something that will help us get rid of it, at least.
The Accountant is going mad with the yearly upkeep bills, apparently things are getting very expensive.

???
I suppose. Contact Site-07, get them to send another one of them things back down. Maybe their technology can be used to move, not destroy it. We'll find out.

Last edited:

Stealth

Blacklisted Player
Dec 4, 2022
+ Support
- Active
- Mature
- CL4+ Experience
- Previous knowledge within the department

Reactions: Slash

SS3920

Aug 11, 2022
+Support
- More than capable
- Past Experience
- A good person
- CL5 Experience!?!?

• Love

ayano

Dec 17, 2022
Hello slash I am going to give you a Massive +support
- experienced as CL5
-experienced in leadership positions especially O5
- I had interactions with you
- friendly
-mature
- capable of serious RP

I know I did not interact with you as a researcher but I still believe you will do great job because of your experience

good luck with your app

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
+support my man

Millzy

Donator
Mar 28, 2022
Neutral
You definitely have the potential, but I haven't seen anything noteworthy come out of your time in Research. Another thing is coming directly from O5 to Director of Research without revisiting the department, which feels a bit like its solely relying on O5 connections as opposed to recent qualifications.

RedSpeeds

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Mar 15, 2022
-Support
While i understand you were part of the O5. I have not seen you perform any research and never seen you playing exec. Neither did you state on your application what your plans are for the department which prevents me from giving you my support.

EDIT: It makes no sense to have a "temporary" DoR while we have multiple skilled people applying for the position

Kind regards,
Licht

Last edited:

Slash

Dec 18, 2021
Neutral
You definitely have the potential, but I haven't seen anything noteworthy come out of your time in Research. Another thing is coming directly from O5 to Director of Research without revisiting the department, which feels a bit like its solely relying on O5 connections as opposed to recent qualifications.
Neutral
While i understand you were part of the O5. I have not seen you perform any research and never seen you playing exec. Neither did you state on your application what your plans are for the department which prevents me from giving you my support.

Kind regards,
Licht

Hi Millzy and Licht,

Thank you for pointing this out!
My intention for this application is so that I can step in and guarantee experience and stability for the department whilst the Council (and myself) looks for a capable and ready replacement.
If possible, I would like to even assist in finding and training any new Directors that step in which I might say is something I am very well versed in due to my Site Administration experience, and would be much appreciated by those who apply, seeing as currently they would be stepping in to an entirely empty position with hardly much welcoming or teaching available.

I hope this clears up the questions you've got, and helps you making in a more informed decision.

Millzy

Donator
Mar 28, 2022
Hi Millzy and Licht,

Thank you for pointing this out!
My intention for this application is so that I can step in and guarantee experience and stability for the department whilst the Council (and myself) looks for a capable and ready replacement.
If possible, I would like to even assist in finding and training any new Directors that step in which I might say is something I am very well versed in due to my Site Administration experience, and would be much appreciated by those who apply, seeing as currently they would be stepping in to an entirely empty position with hardly much welcoming or teaching available.

I hope this clears up the questions you've got, and helps you making in a more informed decision.
You say this, but much of the same applies to you.

brewr

Jun 23, 2022
Scotland
I have never seen you on research.

I also - personnaly - feel as all you want right now is just a high position to have. Recently you resigned from O5-5 and now, having contributed little or nothing to research, you want to direct it.

Depsite this, you are a capable person for the job. I would advise settling into research and actually dedicating time to it first before applying.

-Support

Renolk

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
+Support leaning to Neutral

As stated many times, You have not been on research, and that is true. I have not seen you on Research myself accounting the times Ive been on SCP since my leave. You do have experience as a CL5, but O5 and Research are 2 different things. Other than that, You are active and capable. Good luck.

MrSiens

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Mar 21, 2022
-Support
While Slash was an old executive, and was the Overseer assigned to research, he had not significantly involved himself with the department on the ground level for a considerable ammount of time.

I would sincerely advise for him to re-familiarise himself with the department from the position of executive before being made Director, as if he were to suddenly be named director, i believe he would face significant difficulty with the operating structure of the department and the people who participate in it.

Furthermore, there are several already active executives who are more than suitable for the position in my eyes, making me believe that taking someone from outside is unneccesary and inadvisable.

Slash

Dec 18, 2021
I have never seen you on research.

I also - personnaly - feel as all you want right now is just a high position to have. Recently you resigned from O5-5 and now, having contributed little or nothing to research, you want to direct it.

Depsite this, you are a capable person for the job. I would advise settling into research and actually dedicating time to it first before applying.

-Support

Hi Highlander,
I will direct you back to my previous comment in regards to the first sentence here, but I would like to comment on the second part there.
If I wanted a high position to have, I wouldn't have left O5, so I don't think that would be the case, nor would it really make much sense.
My intention is solely to create a more stable path for the Department, as I said in the application.

-Support
Although you may have CL5 experience, you may be lacking into current experience with research. A temporary DoR is not needed as there is other people who are also wishing to apply and there is simply no need to step in for such a short time.
-Support
While Slash was an old executive, and was the Overseer assigned to research, he had not significantly involved himself with the department on the ground level for a considerable ammount of time.

I would sincerely advise for him to re-familiarise himself with the department from the position of executive before being made Director, as if he were to suddenly be named director, i believe he would face significant difficulty with the operating structure of the department and the people who participate in it.

Furthermore, there are several already active executives who are more than suitable for the position in my eyes, making me believe that taking someone from outside is unneccesary and inadvisable.

Hello Jeremy and Engallagher,

I would like to say thank you very much for the insight, and I completely understand your concerns.
While I had indeed focused many of the changes that I made during O5 on a variety of different departments, I still made sure to pay close attention to the Research Department, and I can ensure you that I am kept up to date on the inner workings and things that need done(unless you guys weren't reporting things to SA ;o)

Also, in terms of quite a few people saying that there is no need for a 'Temporary DOR' - I am not intending for it to be this way.
If I can find and train a few capable individuals to hopefully take my place, and they do apply for it and I believe they are ready, then I am more than happy to allow them to take their time in the position, but in the low chance that these individuals are not ready for a while, then I will stay. I have no intention to leave this role unless it is to allow others to gain the experience as and when they're ready, as opposed to forcing people who may not be entirely ready to hit the road running.

I hope this clears up any concerns you have, and clarifies a bit on my intentions, though if you do have any questions then feel free to contact me on Discord - スラシュ#0001 - as I will be happy to explain further.

Deleted member 3942

+Support
I understand the intentions and I think it is for the better that an experienced individuals helps train others to prepare for the role while also taking care of the department in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.