[UK] Sophia 'Teddy' Linkletter's Director of Medicine Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

.teddy

Oct 27, 2023
South Africa
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:554714117.
Discord name: west.supermarket.
For how long have you played on CG SCP-RP: 200+ hours in V-time for this month, and about 6 months spread out.
In what country are you located?: South Africa.
Time zone: GMT+2 (SAST).
Character name(s): Sophia ‘Teddy’ Linkletter [P-L].
Civilian name: ‘Teddy’ Vullisdrom.
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK.
Do you have a mic?: Yes.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: Medical Consultant, IA Agent.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?: Yes. RDM(x4), FailRP(x2), 12 hour ban (LTARP).

Why are you applying for the Director of Medicine?:
As I've said before, I've always loved this department. It's almost always active, there's variation in Roleplay, the staff is friendly and caring, and I have never felt out of place within it. Despite my relative newness within the Medical Leadership Team, I find myself longing to be more of a part of it. Sure, any job within the running of the site is hard work, but I enjoy it. I want to oversee the duties of medical staff, write documents and be even more engaged in the running of the department. I hope to continue to bring other departments into medical roleplay, especially with D-class personnel. I feel like I am ready to take on the responsibility of the role of Department director and make the necessary changes within the department, for the better.

What makes you suitable for Director of Medicine?:
Considering the fact that I have no formal qualifications in medicine other than First Aid, I have supplemented my knowledge of medicine as a whole by doing my own research. I will always aim to expand my knowledge on this topic to the best of my ability. I aim to make enjoyable roleplay for all in the medical department and all departments we come into contact with. On a typical day, I am active for about 6-8 hours. During this time, I try to engage others in enjoyable roleplay. I am always willing to learn quickly and am suitable to work under time constraints and pressure. I actively try to help trainees and doctors alike to get acquainted with the department. I am approachable and friendly at all times applicable, and I enjoy working in the medical department sincerely.
It is my hope to allow the Medical Department to continue growing fruitfully. I will help to achieve this by hosting more medical lectures of varied things, like mock surgeries, inter-departmental training, joining in with testing done with the research department, and lectures which D-class personnel can attend.
During my time as consultant, my love for the medical department has only grown. Again, I wish to contribute to the running of the medical department, to ensure and protect the kind of roleplay everyone is looking for. Fun and engaging.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Medicine in RP?:
A Director of Medicine's job is to overlook the running of the department as a whole. This includes (1) monitoring changes within the department, (2) managing external relationships with other departments, (3) overseeing staff selection, running interviews, and approving staff applications, (4) making documentation for said department, (5) overseeing disciplinary measures taken within the department and taking the time to honour any and all issues brought to them by members of the department, (6) generally training medical staff, holding lectures and instructing on procedures, (7) to uphold the hippocratic oath with every action taken within the department, and to (8) be available for any and all medical care needed for any personnel, regardless of status.
Of course, a Department Director's duty to their own department comes without statement. A Department Director must be willing to go above and beyond for their department. This includes protecting their co-workers.

Please give some lore about your Director of Medicine character and what storylines they would be involved in:
“Sophia Linkletter was born on the first of October during the year ▇▇ in ▇▇▇▇, ▇▇▇▇▇▇. She was born to ▇▇▇▇ and ▇▇▇▇▇ Linkletter. By the time Sophia was three, the couple had divorced. She resided with her mother, ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇, ever since.
When she reached the age of six, she was enrolled in ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇ Primary School. Throughout her schooling career at ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇, she received various diplomas for academic and sports endorsements. At the age of ten, she received provincial (▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇) colours for field hockey. She graduated primary school in the top ranks of academic achievers.
With her good academic and sport record, she easily nestled into one of the most elite schools in ▇▇▇▇▇▇. This was the ▇▇▇▇▇▇ Academy of ▇▇▇▇▇▇.
During her career at ▇▇▇▇▇▇ Academy of ▇▇▇▇▇▇, she was in numerous clubs, controlled various activities, all while balancing an appropriate academic record for someone who wished to go into medicine. She was a cultural and academic leader for most of her school career, except for a few minor slip-ups.
She graduated from ▇▇▇▇▇▇ Academy of ▇▇▇▇▇▇ with a 3.8 G.P.A., allowing her to attend ▇▇▇▇▇▇ University through a learnership, and start her bachelor’s programme for Biological Science and her doctorate program for Medicine.
Despite the intensity of both of her degree programmes, she continued on with strength. By ▇▇, she had completed her Bachelor's degree in Biological science and had elected to take a minor class in Psychology.
During the year ▇▇, she graduated with honours for her Master's programme in Medicine. She was ▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇, ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇.
Despite her young age, she rose through the ranks quite quickly and was able to become a Consultant. She is currently working on her Doctorate in Medicine.” - Taken from Sophia 'Teddy' Linkletter: Character Biography.
Every day she works hard to perfect her medical knowledge alongside her colleagues.

She will most likely spend her days helping out foundation personnel, training staff, making documents, performing psychological evaluations and attending inter-departmental meetings. She is filled with a distinct purpose and place within an organisation, which drives her to excellence every day. This new step forward in her career would boost her to extra heights.

Last edited:

Robin

Donator
Jul 9, 2022
Germany
+ Support
+ Active
+ A person you can talk to
+ Has the ability to create RP
+ best consultant, deserves promotion
+ Good Lore / Application

Reactions: .teddy

'The Affected'

Nov 7, 2022
Hello, today I will be giving you a Neutral for following reasons:

+ Active on consultant
+ Lore is acceptable
+/- Very basic application
- No examples of created RP scenarios, which is a very important part of being a Department Lead
- Quite new to CL4 role

Good luck.

Grong

Dec 30, 2022
-Support

You've only recently been made a consultant which would be able to be set aside had you been creating a good amount of RP which I did not see from you before I left the server and you are unable to provide any examples of. I think while decent, your lore uses way to much redacted text which takes away from the content of it and seems like a bit of an easy way out to me.

However, your application does seem fairly good and I did see you active before I dipped. Best of luck on your application.

'HOUND'

Feb 12, 2023
+ Support
+ Active
+ very friendly and mature
+ Good roleplayer
+ Good Lore / Application [how ever I would reduce the amount of redacted text]

Judge

Developer
Developer
Mapping Team
Aug 10, 2022
+ Support

I see you are active on Consultant a lot Sophia, I believe you are ready to take on this position.

Best of luck,
C. Bowler.

Dimitry

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Feb 2, 2023
+ support
+active
+a lovely person to speak to
+ knows what they are doing
+ good lore

best of luck :D

Dennid

Jul 30, 2023
+/- neutral leaning towards +support
-Good interactions
-Active

-New to CL4 role

Stealth

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Dec 4, 2022
6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the site administration team of site-65.

Hello, @.teddy whitlock

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be denied. The reasons for this denial may be elaborated on should you decide to get in contact with us. No further action is required.

You may re-apply in two weeks' time.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Status
Not open for further replies.