Character name(s): "Mute"/Stepan Kravkovich, "Lucky"​
Civilian name: Hideki "Aether" Minamo​
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK​
Do you have a mic?: Yes​
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:​
-Holding: A-1 LCPL, SCP-096, UNGOC LT.​
-Held: E-11 SGT, NU-7 SPC, CI-A​
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:​
-I have 2 warns, 1 for FailRP - I do not remember the specifics of this warn, the other for Minor bug abuse - 173 vs anima​

The interesting stuff:
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
I am applying for the role of executive researcher as I feel it's the natural step to take on my journey within the research department. Whenever I'm not active on other roles that require my attention (such as that of A-1), I can be found around site on a research role. I take pride in the tests I conduct and always ensure that every document I create is of the highest standard, and by applying for executive researcher I feel that I can only take this strive for perfection even further. The responsibilities given to executive researchers are of high importance, and ensuring that they are carried out presents a challenge that I want to take on and subsequently conquer. No two days are the same for an executive, meaning there's always a challenge present yearning to be solved.

I am always looking for the less experience players to help them get accustomed to the ways the server operates, whether that be via purposefully taking lower levelled D-Class for tests or by tagging along with tests Jr researchers are holding to give them points of advice so that they can improve in further testing. Being an exec allows me to take this further, as being a CL4 shows I am very well trusted meaning that more personnel would be willing to approach me for advice. The duties of an executive would mean I can make use of lectures to assist in the training of newer personnel as well as acting as a refresher for the more experienced players of the department. It would mean I would have a much larger reach on encouraging things like creative testing and innovative RP between all members of the RSD whilst also being entrusted to keep standards to as high a level as possible.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
I believe I am suitable for Executive Researcher for a few reasons, but not limited to the following:
1. I enjoy assisting people with any questions that have in regards to the RSD, whether that be how to conduct a test, what to do when making a document as well as guiding them to the multitude of available resources located on the corkboards in the research bunks. By being an executive researcher, I will be able to do this and more through the hosting of constant lectures allowing for me to cover a wider audience in a shorter time period.
2. No two documents I create are the same. I am always looking for and striving to conduct unique tests ensuring I can gather as much detail as possible. I never leave a stone unturned and will make use of multiple tests if necessary to further my, and the departments, understanding of any SCP as a whole.
3. Research is a job I play fairly often. As stated in "Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?", research is one of two roles I actively play whenever on site meaning I am always available to assist any persons that require help and to put it bluntly, I just really enjoy playing research.

I have a decent well of knowledge, especially when it comes to interactions between SCPs and how people tend to react to them on a mental level. I make use of this information for the developing of chemicals that I intend to use for further test ideas I have planned for the future to see if they will be effective in preventing people from suffering from onset paranoia or other mental state degradations.

To summarise the above points, I am a fairly active individual that goes out of my way to help those unsure of how to conduct themselves. I enjoy conducted a multitude of tests, striving to make them different to the last to prove different hypotheses I think of. Document Creation is something I enjoy, and it is a personal standard of mine to ensure that any document I intend to submit is perfect even if it means I spend more time on documents over conducting tests. My strict criteria that I enforce on myself means I am professional at all times, but am more than willing to ease off when it comes to interacting with newer personnel so as to fully welcome them into the RSD and not make them afraid to take part in it activities.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
As of the time of this application, I currently have written 2 excellent grade documents (with a few more on the way) on the following SCPs:
1. SCP-087: What lies in the darkness
2. SCP-178: Prolonged exposure and it's effect on mental health
Whilst not the highest number of excellent graded documents, this is mostly due to the high standards that I hold to myself as well as the creativity I use whenever I conduct a test on the plethora of SCPs available to be tested on. If I feel a document does not meet my personal standards, I will not submit it until I am happy with the end product even if that means I have to conduct a second test utilising the criteria I had already established.

In order for a document to earn an excellent grade, it must meet the following requirements:
1. Layout - A well laid out document makes navigating the contents of the study much easier for any persons that are reading it. The document will, preferably, contain a contents page that lists each different phase of the test alongside their respective page number(s). On top of this, each section will be accompanied by a header making navigation of all portions of the document quick and easy. The use of small text is recommended to fit as much information onto one page as possible, not electing to use it doesn't stop a document from being graded excellent however.
A good standard layout that most documents will utilise could look like the following:
- Cover Page: This will be the first thing anybody sees when they wish to read your document, it will include what SCP is being tested on.
- Contents Page: As mentioned previously, this will be where all phases of a test and their respective page numbers will be listed.
- Aim of Test: What is the overall aim of the test? What do you wish to find out?
- Hypothesis: How will your overall aim of the test assist in proving/disproving your theory?
- Methodology: What steps will you take when conducting your test? What resources/personnel will be required for this test to be conducted?
- Potential Risks: No test will go perfectly, errors are bound to occur but knowing what could happen allows for effective planning to prevent these scenarios from happening. This section is where you will list them
- Expected Outcomes: What do you realistically think will happen during the test? If something is highly likely to occur during the test , such as a death, then it should be listed here.
- Results of Test: This is where you will write what exactly happened during the test. You should include any observations you made, and can also include things such as interviews held with attending personnel and/or SCPs.
- Conclusion: Sum up everything you discovered. Was you hypothesis proven? What information did you learn, and is it usable for potential future tests? Was the test a success? Include the answers to these questions in this section.

2. Detail - Whilst an excellent document doesn't need to be 40 pages long with each minute detail included, it should at least cover the basics of the test at a bare minimum. Each section should explain what the overall thought process of the researcher was, giving insight as to why they did what they did. At no point should any section be vague as this immediately excludes the document from ever achieving an excellent grade.

3. Spelling and Grammar - The document must be legible and easy to read, utilising good spelling and grammar to ensure that any persons that read it can understand all information that is presented to them.

4. Creativity - A document that is unique, with good length is much more likely to be graded excellent than a document that looks too similar to those submitted by other researchers. Don't be afraid to show you creative side, the more interesting it is to read the more likely it is to capture the readers attention from page to page. Never plagiarise from others for your documents and make sure to credit those that assisted in your tests, nobody likes a thief.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
Being trusted with a CL4 keycard, executive researchers are expected to go above and beyond whenever on duty. They are expected to further the foundations understanding of the wide variety of SCPs available on Site 65, whilst also doing the following:
- Assist newer members of the site RSD whether that be via answering their questions, guide them on how to conduct tests, or with making documents of tests that they have conducted.
- Read any documents submitted by members of the RSD, giving feedback for potential improvements as well as grading them upon their uploading to SCIPNET
- Host regular lectures for members of RSD. These lectures will include vital information that benefits all those that attend, incentivising creativity whilst also ensuring they are aware of department policies new or old.
- Continuing to conduct standard RSD activities (such as tests and document creation).
- Acting as liaisons between members of the department and the DOR's.
- Reading potential tests that require approval, and giving subsequent approval for said test.
- Making use of the !approveall command so Jr's can get credited for the tests they conduct.
- Being a point of contact to assist other Site 65 departments with any and all matters that require RSD involvement.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:​
A man dressed in a long, white lab coat is sat at a desk, coffee cup in hand with a computer sat on the desk in front of him. He turns the computer on, takes a sip from his coffee before inputting his credentials into the log in screen that appeared moments after the boot up sequence was finalised. Seconds after the login sequence was completed, the man moved his mouse and opened the access logs program. The screen dimmed on the monitor momentarily before it brightened back up with a welcome message and a prompt to input his credentials.​
**Access logs initiated, please enter you login details**​
* User: DoR #####*​
* Pass: ########*​
**Verifying /\/\/\**​
**Verification success, what file do you wish to open sir?**​
* Input: Information file on POI Stepan Kravkovich*​
** Certainly, file loading now**​
** File "POI S.Kravkovich observation logs" Loading /\/\/\/**​
The screen on the computer flickered for a moment, before a white light lit the room back up. The man at the computer rubbed his eyes, took a second sip from his coffee and began to peruse the document shown before him.​
** Information report gathered by Field Agent ##### on Person of Interest Stepan Kravkovich**​
**Date: 06/01/20##**​
Name: Stepan Mikhail Kravkovich​
Date of Birth: March 8th, 19##​
Height: 1.96 m​
Weight: 100kg​
Place of Birth: ######, Russian Federation​
Background:​
Lead Research Operative Kravkovich grew up in a small family of 4 located in *Data Expunged* Russia, with a single sibling's current whereabouts unknown. POI Kravkovich graduated from St. Petersburg University in 20## with a masters degree in chemical engineering and infectious disease. Kravkovich joined the military upon graduation, opting for a role within the GRU following 5 years of service to conduct undercover operations. Subject was recruited for Division P following actions taken during incident *Data corrupted*, where they excelled in quelling a minor outbreak of a highly infectious disease later identified as an outbreak of #######. Information regarding this incident has yet to be released by GRU division P to the SCP foundation other than the location where the outbreak occurred. Documentation taken by Foundation agents during Operation *redacted* have revealed that GRU Researcher Kravkovich is currently developing chemicals for use in GRU project Fog of War, a project relating to the use of anomalous samples for potential aersolisation and use in the field by GRU division P personnel. Further observation on POI Kravkovich is required, but current information has shown that he has potential to be of more use to the Foundation and its goals over that of his current employer. His knowledge of chemicals and disease could be of great help in furthering current understanding of SCPs currently held on Site 65.​
Field Agent ##### signing out.​
**End of File**​
A cursor flicks across the screen, closing the document causing the access logs screen to reappear.​
** Would you like to view any further files?**​
Before the man could input anything, a knock is heard at the door. He lets out a sigh, mutters "what do they want now" to himself before calling out "Yes?".​
The door opens and the light is flicked on, revealing a person dressed in standard Field Agent uniform with a document in his hand. "Sorry to disturb you sir" the agents begins "but I think you might want to read this, it relates to a person you asked us to find more information on". The researcher rolls his neck, before standing up. He adjusts his clothing whilst finishing off his cup of coffee. "Hand it hear then, I don't have all day". He takes the document from the agents hand and takes a second to read the cover. "Ah, Kravkovich" he grunts, "I was just re-reading the file you submitted last month regarding him. Is this a further update on his current actions?". The agent fidgets for a second before giving his reply "Actually sir, that document there is an interrogation report just taken now. He was bagged and tagged by agents this morning for question regarding an incident that took place last week.". The researcher opens the cover of the dossier in his hands and glances over the information and proceeds to rub the stubble on his chin. He pauses for a moment before inquiring "Bagged and tagged? On who's orders?". The agent lets out an audible sigh "Classified I'm afraid sir, but I can assure you that you'll want to give it a read before anything else". A short silence fills the room, intermittently broken by the sound of a ticking clock. The silence is fully broken when the researcher coughs, before he continues to question the field agent. "What type of incident? Is it mentioned in this document?" he states whilst taking a seat at his desk. "Only briefly, but lets just put it this way. GRU want his head for what he did, it's not a pretty sight. He was lucky we took him when he did." replied the agent "Fortunately it was a simple operation, took him in his sleep. No one around to see us, they'll be baffled when they try to detain him in the morning" he continued. "I see, I'll give this a quick look over before I head down to the holding cell. Try not to rough him up too much, I'd prefer he be conscious when I interview him" stated the researcher "You got anything else for me or is that all?" he asked. "That's everything for now, I'll be leaving now." after saying this, the field agent exited the office and continued back to his prior duties.​
Sitting at his desk, the researcher began to ponder his thoughts for a moment wondering what incident the POI had caused, before finally deciding to open the interrogation report.​
**Interrogation report conducted by Agent ##### on POI S.Kravkovich**​
**Date of interrogation: 26/02/20##**​
Pretext: Subject S.Kravkovich, now formerly Lead Research Operative of GRU Division P, was captured following an infiltration conducted by <Data Redacted> authorised by <Expunged> due to his involvement with a large outbreak of anomalous disease materials in ######, Russia. Subject thus far has been in an unconscious state following administering of general anesthetics to ensure capture went without issues. Kravkovich has been taken to temporary holding area located in #######, Canada awaiting interrogation to be conducted for their involvement in the aforementioned incident. Questioning will be conducted by field agent ##### upon his awakening.​
Beginning of Transcript:
Agent #####: Ah, you've finally come to. Perfect, just in time for us to get this conversation underway.​
Kravkovich: My heads pounding like a <Explicative removed>, where the hell am I?​
Agent #####: You're currently in a holding cell, I'm sure you know who we are and what we want to know right?​
Kravkovich: You're uniform doesn't fool me, you're with the SACKs right? Should've known you'd come for me before the higher ups did.​
Agent #####: SACKs?​
Kravkovich: SCP Foundation, it's our name for you. Now enough beating around the bush, why am I here?​
Agent #####: You said it yourself, we came for you before your higher ups, well ex higher ups did. You know you're a wanted man now right?​
Kravkovich: <Explicative removed>, should've known not to listen to those fools. Time and time again I told them they were playing with fire trying to force anomalous material to integrate with mechanical devices, seems they got what's coming for them. Of course they're gonna use me as a scape goat, doesn't make sense not to. What's in it for me though? Why should I just spill the beans on what happened?​
Agent #####: Let's put it this way, tell us what we want to know and I'm sure we can work something out. Refuse and we'll return you to where you were before. I'm sure you know exactly what will happen if that happens though.​
Kravkovich: A compelling argument as any. Comply or be sent back to a certain death, an easy choice to make as any. So, where should I start?​
Agent #####: The day of the incident will be fine, no need for any of the background information prior to it. We already have the documentation regarding the build up to that point.​
Kravkovich: Well then, let me see what I can remember then. Operation command wanted further testing in regards to a mechanised unit that could be equipped with a variety of chemical substances, natural and anomalous, to be eventually used for field operations. They had specifics that I don't care to remember other than the fact that there was heavy insistence on the utilising of both chemicals and infectious materials. Something to do with making it easier for securing areas of interest, the full reasoning escapes me. Now, as I'm sure you're aware the use of these substances in tandem tends to lead to mishaps. Lethal ones at that due to the risk of potential cross contamination between the two should the utmost care not being taken. Well, turns out the mechanics department are either incompetent fools or just incredibly stupid as this care was not taken whatsoever. Lets just say the clean up that had to happen was not pretty.​
Agent #####: And what did you do to prevent this?​
Kravkovich: The best I could. Mandate a quarantine be put in place and assist in cleaning up the mess that happened. Utilising non contaminated gaseous grenades of course. Would be a shame not to test their effectiveness in the field after all the effort I went through making them. It was fairly successful at that, if I do say so myself. Anything else?​
Agent #####: No, that'll be all for now. We'll continue this discussion later. Now you can stay here and wait whilst I speak to someone about my findings from our chat.​
Kravkovich: Good luck.​
End of Transcript
The researcher closed the document before opening a drawer on his desk and placing it inside. He took a moment before picking up the phone on his desk, proceeding to dial the number for the holding area of the facility. "I've read the document. Get Kravkovich ready, I'm heading down now to make him an offer he can't refuse". He then proceeded to grab a file from a cabinet next to his office door whilst exiting his office and making his way to the holding cells, partaking in short conversations with the personnel he passed on his way. After a few minutes of walking he arrived at the cell containing Kravkovich. "Is he still awake? I wish to have a conversation with him." asked the research upon his arrival. "Yes" was the response given by the agent "I'll open the door for you now, what's that document you have there director?". "A contract for employment of course. He's too valuable to just let loose into the public and we can't afford to lose the information he has. Plus, that project of his is interesting. Would be a shame to let it slip through out fingers after all" responded the director. The door opened and in walked the director, who proceeded to take a seat at the table Kravkovich was located. "Ah, so it's your turn to ask questions of my project, researcher?" Kravkovich asked the man sat across from him. "Not right now, maybe some other time though. I'm here to make a proposal that benefits the both of us you see. You've clearly got a knack for researching the anomalous, and even shown an ability to utilise it with effect at that." said the director as he slid the document across the table, "This is a contract of employment" he continued, "Taking this opportunity benefits the both of us. You get to continue your research, and most importantly keep your life. We get access to anything you discover. Sounds fair no?". "I've got nothing else to lose, I'll take your offer researcher. Hand me a pen and I'll sign now" Kravkovich replied. The director slid a pen over to Kravkovich, who proceeded to sign the contract of employment and slide both items back across the table. "Good to have you on board, you'll be stationed at site 65 in Canada in the position of Executive Researcher. Do not let us down, we expect great things from you".​
Upon conclusion of the conversation, Stepan Kravkovich was relocated to ##########, Canada as a member of Site 65 personnel. He was handed all relevant equipment necessary for the conducting of his duties where he continues his research studies to today. All known information prior to his employment at the Foundation has been destroyed, with the name Stepan Mikhail Kravkovich being removed from all known databases worldwide. As far as the world is concerned, he never existed.​

(Sorry about this very long lore section, but hope you enjoy the read)

Attachments

• time.jpg
    time.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Deleted member 6811

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the Directors of Research.

Greetings, @Kravkovich

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be elevated to the next stage. We will be in contact shortly.

Yours sincerely,
Director of Research,
Dr. Engallagher Kazimieras Carmine Ludenberg

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Jul 22, 2023
+SUPPORT
After I allowed him to onboard a JR Res, I supervised and saw him do very well,
he told the new Jr how to test and still kept it fun and interesting.
There are more points for my +Supports but I like to keep my comments short,
Overall I believe he will make a great Exec,
Stepan I wish you the best of luck on you app

Status
Not open for further replies.