[UK] Strife/Cairo's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrifeVencheznof

Nov 30, 2022
Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): nathan45006 (Currently under https://steamcommunity.com/id/LemonFlavouredPasta/).
-

How many hours of playtime do you have? (vtime_menu in console): My vtime was reset due to the break from the server that I had halfway through the year. Currently, my vtime counter is on a total of 2d 11h, although this does not represent my actual total time (FOR PROOF DM ME).
-

-

In what country are you located?: UK.
-

Time zone: GMT
-

Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable):
  • Damien "Strife" Vencheznof
  • MTF B-1 SPC "Cairo"
-
Chaos name (include your rank): Scott Woods (Changed since being CI-A.)
-

Civilian name: Christopher Dent - I do not play Civilian.
-

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:155763572
-

Discord ID (name#0000): Monk#9999
-

Do you have a mic?: Yes.
-

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK.
-

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications: Yes. This is the first application I have made for Moderator.
-

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: No. I always ensure server rules are followed in the highest regard.
-

Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?: Yes, I have a month's experience as a staff member in a community other than this. Every server is different; I have a decent amount of ULX experience from messing around with commands in personal time and know what I should and should not be doing whilst on AOD. As a quick summary, AOD duties are mainly responding to sits and being able to resolve sits. This includes listening to both sides (the accuser and the accused), collecting evidence, and judging based on pure facts.
-

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?: Of course. I have mainly played surface-based roles (Intelligence, NU-7, Beta-1, CI) for my time on the server; as a result, my experience in this section is based on critical thinking and doing what is correct at the time. The surface usually is either dead or a warzone for those that know it, so during those moments where what you do is CRITICAL to the team, I am at my best. I also have experience with interacting with POIs such as Dr Sky (Interview under the SCPIP-NET for those interested) and general groups of interest. If given a chance, I enjoy conducting interviews with people in a serious setting, which gives those involved a break from an all-out firefight and gives others a chance to think in roleplay.
-

How many hours can you be on everyday?: Typically, I can put in a few hours (2-5 hours a day) depending on the day of the week and what I am doing in my personal life. Usually, I put 110% into my work, but if I have the time, I will exceed that. I manage my time so as not to get burned out on set tasks.
-

Why do you want to become a moderator for our server?: I joined the community in late January 2022 under the name Damien "Strife" Vencheznof, and shortly after, I enrolled in NU7 and began working my way up the ranks to Lieutenant. In late April, my work/study schedule became unpredictable for a while, and I couldn't fully commit to what an MTF CO was at the time. I was honourably discharged from NU-7 and was in the background of the server for a while. Afterwards, I dipped in and out of the server over the year, as I could not fully commit to the server. Around October 2022, my schedule became more consistent, so I could put more time into things I enjoy. As a result, I can put more time into the server and have worked my way up to joining Beta-1. To answer the original question, I want to become a Moderator for SCP RP because I'd like to enhance the player experience and the enjoyability of the server. In its current state, the community and the server are better than ever. Compared with other communities, Civil Gamers is very transparent about how it staffs its servers, the rules surrounding it, and the progress that can be made through the role as a staff member, which is a big plus (as some communities with staff have no communication with the senior leadership of the server and are left to do their own thing).
-

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?: I would make a positive difference to the server, as I believe I have a solid moral compass for right and wrong. As stated in my "Previous experience" response, I have experience in another community in moderation with ULX, prioritising customer service/user experience and taking sits. As asked in the question, I am special over other applicants because I am skilled in dealing with tough decisions, high-pressure environments, and the pressure to get things done. Regardless of the attitude or willingness of the person I am talking with, I uphold customer service levels in the highest regard. I excel in questioning skills and dissecting a situation before making a decision/impact a problem. Regardless of the result of a sit, I can take the footage to my mentor / direct report and ask, "What can I do to improve my conduct, and what can I do to improve my customer service/the user experience here?". I always strive to grow as an individual, and self-improvement is always at the back of my mind. I am always willing to learn and am more than willing to gain knowledge from others, which helps improve my roleplay quality. Team Contribution is something I always make improvements on, as from my experience working with staff on other servers, if I need to know something or am unsure, I will always ask. I prefer to do something right over something I made a decent shot at, but the attempt could have been better.

Thanks for reading my application, if you have any comments please leave them below as I am very open to feedback!

Daanvy

CG Super VIP
Donator
Feb 20, 2021
Netherlands
+Support ☼
• Highly detailed application.
• Hard worker.
• Mature

Good luck!

Last edited:

Jason M.

Civil Gamers Expert
Jul 10, 2021
+Support

> Great RP
> Staff Experience
> Active
> Well-Written Application

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Hello Strife, i will give you a +Support because i had good interactions with you.

Requis

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Apr 30, 2022
Application Accepted

Hi @StrifeVencheznof ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a moderator application.

Congratulations on having your application accepted, please join the Interview Waiting Room in TeamSpeak and put "Waiting for Interview" in your name so we can proceed with the next stage of the process.​

Status
Not open for further replies.