[UK] The lag is affecting everyones RP

Yeke

Community Manager
Community Manager
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Physgun is publicly claiming that the new attack issues were resolved two/three weeks ago. If they consider this resolved, the current service level right now can be expected to be the norm going forwards, or at least whenever an attack is attempted, which can be any time. It sounds like either Physgun is publicly lying to customers and review sites, or there's some misunderstanding between them and CN.
View attachment 16369
Hi,

There is no "lying" going on, there is an ongoing issue at the moment related to hardware which they are looking to resolve asap.
As they say, attacks are impossible to 100% prevent, and we cant blame them for not having everything patched.

Barney 'Akai' Moody

Jun 22, 2024
I'm honestly out here wondering why it hasn't changed at all. We can't know the hardware the server is running on atm. But since it's stated that it is a hardware issue, and it not being up to date, i really don't see an issue in fixing it.

"Players are experiencing lag on the UK server (and Teamspeak, as this is hosted there too) due to hardware and hosting issues. The UK server has older hardware, and the host cannot currently upgrade it." - stated in the discord. At best the "older" hardware could be something like 5900x or 5950x which would bring the Ghz up to a max 4.9 ghz.

It's safe to assume the wanted hardware by CL is probably something like 7950x3d to get the servers as strong as possible. But given the fact that Gmod mostly is a single core performance thing, why not upgrade to what physgun already has available like the 7700x which is a quiet capable and strong cpu going upto 5.4 ghz. This would be at least a 0.5 ghz increase assuming the older hardware means 5900x and might take the worst of the lag.

Even if it's only for a while before changing to stronger hardware when the 9000 series cpus are available. It would at least be a start. As it is right now people's voices cut out do to the lag on the servers. PVP is bad during peak hours. It ruins a lot of RP or at least delays it to ungodly hours.

Since we all know money isn't the issue. What is it? I highly doubt that if you have a dedicated server with physgun that they wouldn't assign the same ip to a newer and stronger dedicated server. The server and the people on the server are great, having better performance when playing would be a dream come true for a lot of us. Please don't take it as hate, because it isn't. I'm just a guy hoping for a better experience!

anyway that is just my two cents about it.

Last edited:

Yeke

Community Manager
Community Manager
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Hi @BarneyGuts

In order to be short and sweet on this matter, it is not a case of us not wanting to move forward etc, we would love to fix the lag if we could, however the issue we have is Phsygun is a US operated company with an EU Datacentre, as such they do not yet offer the CPU that is in the US machine to the EU machines.

This is why we are currently stuck in the way we are.

Barney 'Akai' Moody

Jun 22, 2024
Hi @BarneyGuts

In order to be short and sweet on this matter, it is not a case of us not wanting to move forward etc, we would love to fix the lag if we could, however the issue we have is Phsygun is a US operated company with an EU Datacentre, as such they do not yet offer the CPU that is in the US machine to the EU machines.

This is why we are currently stuck in the way we are.
This is straight up not true though. It's on their website under bare metal and frankfurt. EVEN if they didn't have that in stock despite the fact they have it on their website (which is why i said 7700x instead of 7950x3d), asking them over support tickets would grant you a 7950x3d (The strongest cpu you can get for a server, if not going for a 14900k, which wouldn't be used by hosts since it uses a lot of power.) for the price of 310$/m and it would be online in 3 days. (This was tested today, a few hours ago by someone in the community with screens as proof) I could understand if you gave me an answer of it being hard to get working with the systems you got in place, and you are currently working on it, and it's gonna take some time. But saying it isn't possible at all is wild to me, when it is. I highly doubt that they both have it on their website and in their support tickets if it wasn't possible to deliver.

I hate to see this response and get away with the thought of you guys not wanting to better the experience for us, but you can see where I'm coming from right? I would love for you guys to be more clear with us. We all love the community and we genuinely care. But this just seems like the care from you guys aren't the same.

And I'm sorry if i come of more negative here, but again my experience on the server is affected by it, as it is for everyone else. It's something everyone asks for and people are leaving because of.

Last edited:

Yeke

Community Manager
Community Manager
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
This is straight up not true though. It's on their website under bare metal and frankfurt. EVEN if they didn't have that in stock despite the fact they have it on their website (which is why i said 7700x instead of 7950x3d), asking them over support tickets would grant you a 7950x3d (The strongest cpu you can get for a server, if not going for a 14900k, which wouldn't be used by hosts since it uses a lot of power.) for the price of 310$/m and it would be online in 3 days. (This was tested today, a few hours ago by someone in the community with screens as proof) I could understand if you gave me an answer of it being hard to get working with the systems you got in place, and you are currently working on it, and it's gonna take some time. But saying it isn't possible at all is wild to me, when it is. I highly doubt that they both have it on their website and in their support tickets if it wasn't possible to deliver.

I hate to be see this response and get away with the thought of you guys not wanting to better the experience for us, but you can see where I'm coming from right? I would love for you guys to be more clear with us. We all love the community and we genuinely care. But this just seems like the care from you guys are the same.

And I'm sorry if i come of more negative here, but again my experience on the server is affected by it, as it is for everyone else. It's something everyone asks for and people are leaving because of.

Hello,

At the time of asking, yes the desired CPU we are waiting for is not ready or available on frankfurt, the CPU you see on the frankfurt services is the only one we can operate on.

1719497128454.png

We are in constant communication with the Physgun team to get the same CPU as the US server which make massive performance increase.

We are being completely open and transparent about our issue, we want the best hardware possible for our servers and are literally asking almost daily for news and updates on the Core i9 14900K.

I appreciate the passion, however we are not sat here twiddling our thumbs in relation to this, this is something we want too, and if it was at all possible, we would have had it done as soon as we possibly could, as it is not a question of money, but a question of whether the host can support us on this matter.

We are only tied to what our host can offer us, and we cannot get anything more, we have and will continue to try.

Kind Regards
Yeke

EDIT: I think there may be some confusion on browsing their site from yourself or whoever has been looking, as there is a selector for the services they offer in each region which you can see here;

1719497563606.png

in relation to your statement of the server that you can buy for $310, if you open up the configurator as if you were to purchase the server, you would be met with this screen;

1719497622803.png

This shows you the location of the datacentre and unfortunately this is not changeable

However, thankyou for your passion.

Barney 'Akai' Moody

Jun 22, 2024
Why are you focused on an Intel cpu? Performance on 7950x3d is nearly the same, in some cases worse and in some cases better. For gaming servers 7950x3d is just as good and sometimes better. What I'm getting at is that they are equal in terms of performance and since that is available if you just ask them (ask Anthony) why not go for that? I just sent him a dm regarding this and this is what he said.

LÉFE:

but is 14900k much faster than the 7950x3d for gmod?

LÉFE:

or is it the same performance

LÉFE:

I assume SRCDS is using singlecore performance over multicore

LÉFE
but is 14900k much faster than the 7950x3d for gmod?

Anthony:

it’s about equal with our optimizations

If the issue is that you are on older gen CPU's say 8700k or something like that, and i don't know how old ofc. But i assume pretty old since if it were a 13900k the performance gain would be close to nothing at around 5% on a good day and that would not solve the overall issue.

And if you have been asking everyday, surely the thought of getting a 7950x3d would have crossed your minds right? Even if only temporary before upgrading to a 14900k or one of the new intel cpu's or 9000 series cpus when that is out and available. The issue have been here for a long time from what i gather, granted i joined the community in may but i have heard it has been an issue since April at least. Fixing it must be one of your highest priorities right?

EDIT For answer to the edit.
and again as stated before, I know 7800x3d is not available on the website nor is 7950x3d, but send a message to Anthony from Physgun he stated himself today in a support ticket that they could get a 7950x3d server ready in 3 days. In Frankfurt not USA.

He stated and i qoute "$309.87/mo, frankfurt yeah. I can have it online for you within 3 days or so."

The offer was 7950x3d, 128 GB DDR5 Ram, 2x 2 TB Nvme SSD and 1 gbps port for 309.87$ a month

-------------------------------------------------------

Also not saying that you are twiddling our thumbs, but I'm saying there is a lack of communication, me and many others have a feeling of being in the dark about what is happening behind the scenes. If you ask anyone they would give you 20 different answers on the current situation. I have been told it's because you can't transfer easily to a new machine, i have been told that hardware isn't available. I have been told it's a network issue.

What I'm asking for is more of a answer to why it has gone unsolved for now. Not an attack on you guys. Im playing devil's advocate when saying that you don't seem to care as much. You obviously do with the amount of content you push out. I'm more putting into words what many people feel by not enough clarity is shown on your end, at least not enough for people to follow the struggles you go through with this. I bet this is for many the first time hearing of you asking often for that specific cpu for an example.

Hello,

At the time of asking, yes the desired CPU we are waiting for is not ready or available on frankfurt, the CPU you see on the frankfurt services is the only one we can operate on.

View attachment 16667

We are in constant communication with the Physgun team to get the same CPU as the US server which make massive performance increase.

We are being completely open and transparent about our issue, we want the best hardware possible for our servers and are literally asking almost daily for news and updates on the Core i9 14900K.

I appreciate the passion, however we are not sat here twiddling our thumbs in relation to this, this is something we want too, and if it was at all possible, we would have had it done as soon as we possibly could, as it is not a question of money, but a question of whether the host can support us on this matter.

We are only tied to what our host can offer us, and we cannot get anything more, we have and will continue to try.

Kind Regards
Yeke

EDIT: I think there may be some confusion on browsing their site from yourself or whoever has been looking, as there is a selector for the services they offer in each region which you can see here;

View attachment 16668

in relation to your statement of the server that you can buy for $310, if you open up the configurator as if you were to purchase the server, you would be met with this screen;

View attachment 16669

This shows you the location of the datacentre and unfortunately this is not changeable

However, thankyou for your passion.

Last edited: