[UK] Toaste 'Calloway' W.'s DoR Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:634694900
Discord name: toastey
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Over 424 hours to date.
In what country are you located?: Canada.
Time zone: EDT
Character name(s): Toaste 'Calloway' W.; UNGOC LCPL 'Anathema'; Toaste Woofleson
Civilian name: Toaste Barkson
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes.
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: MTF Nu-7 SGT, UNGOC SPC [0638], Executive Researcher (all currently holding)
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: 2x expired RDM from when I was new to both GMod and the server (~50 hours on steam), 1x old FailRP/NITRP ban for some unfortunate late night shenanigans involving 008 that I self-reported, 1x expired FailRP warning, 1x FearRP warning
-
Why are you applying for Director of Research?

I believe my strong ethic and drive for research would contribute greatly to the department overall and my good rapport with both fellow execs, the current DoR (that I would be working alongside with), and even lower ranking personnel from seniors to juniors shows my skills in regards to leadership. I think that I would wholly enjoy more contact with Site Command and more 'freedom' (in a sense) in what I am able to accomplish. I was grateful for the opportunity to go from a Researcher to an Executive and feel that this is the natural next step in my tenure. I believe I possess some of the right qualities to currently lead this department and hope to balance it out and oversee the current exec team, current projects, and other matters; and I hope that I can properly recognize the effort of executives and the likes as a senior CL4.
-
What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:

I believe that in recent times I have, out of all of the executives, contributed the most towards the current department. On the roster not only have I set a new record for activity in one week (63+) but I have also completed and attended the most lectures and graded a significant quantity of documents. I have also completed multiple significant tests, one, which as far as I know, set a record for the highest amount of samples ever collected from any given sampling, that was completely above-board. I've made significant progress in writing documents and find great joy in exercising my creative writing skills and slowly easing myself out of the 6-month writing burnout. I contributed significantly to the research subdepartment of pataphysics and even despite my current short tenure I have received three additional excellent documents and two exemplary documents. I additionally believe that I have upheld the wishes of the current DoR in attempting to recover the reputation of RSD after the previous DoR's neglect and also find myself able to handle the criticisms and conflicts that can arise when dealing with misbehaving researchers and the department as a whole. I have found my decisions to punish personnel upheld by both staff and the DoR multiple times, and believe my behavior reflects my strict punishment policies - I expect to be treated the same if I behave as those I punish. I think I could foster a healthy research environment with the current DoR Engallagher K. Ludenberg and hope that I can contribute in a much more involved way to active and future projects, and I additionally wish to form a closer relationship with Site Command, as is naturally the next step of progression from my current position as Jr. CL4. I heavily enjoy involving other departments in research and duly hope this sentiment is shared by O5 and any others overseeing this application; I wish to oversee further involvement of at the very least both medical and GSD in the research department and hope that a position as DoR would greatly aid in this.
-
What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:

The primary responsibilities of a DoR are as follows:

- Leadership & Management:
A DoR has to know how to lead. They have to lead both Executives and lower ranking personnel in both the department and in roleplay. RSD is an incredibly RP-heavy department and DoRs must know how to foster that kind of environment. They must also know how to manage the people that lead, and manage both OOC things (Roster, whitelists, departmental changes, job-bans etc.) and in-character things (Projects, proposals, subdepartments). They must be a good mentor and they must know how to organize their staff.

- Creating new RP & fostering old RP:

The DoR, as the highest-ranking research personnel, is expected to create and foster both new & old research projects to a high standard. It takes great creativity and work ethic to both reach and stay as DoR, and in order to properly act as Director, you must contribute and create research.
- Beaurocracy & Collaboration:

As Sr. CL4, you are expected to maintain close collaboration with both other departmental leaders and SC & SA. This is to both ensure a positive environment and more especially to ensure that you fulfil sitewide goals, can maintain and create collaboration between departments, and fulfil your requirements as DoR. It is additionally important to maintain these relationships as it sets a precedent for the entire department - you are expected to 'behave' as DoR, and good rapport with both higher-ups and other departmental leaders is important to efficiently perform your duties.

- Administration & Cooperation:

As DoR, you should not only be able to perform all the duties of an executive, but you should also be able to manage these executives. As executives are CL4 and whitelisted, they will need a leader much more than a senior researcher would. The DoR is expected to lead and guide these people, providing feedback and punishments where necessary, and managing the department as a whole (see management). They will also be expected to lead in other ways, also, through leading projects and leading the cooperation with other departments, they can invite roleplay that would otherwise not be possible. It is first and foremost the DoR's job to create roleplay, and this should always be the first priority. They should also know how to cooperate cross-server. Collaboration between US & UK DoRs is paramount to help share and foster both new and old ideas and can provide valuable insights into your work. Four Directors working together is better than two.

-

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Two supplementary documents are available in-game, but the most pertinent pages are included in that document.

Last edited:

YandereMuffin

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Dec 25, 2023
+ Support

Not only is this man quite good as a researcher, doing interesting tests, giving the D-Class stuff to do, assisting GOC with some tests, which are all qualities of what an Exec should have (and he successfully does), he is also good at creating fun RP moments through these interesting tests and even while not directly testing as a researcher he is still actively making my enjoyment of the server better (well, when I'm with him).

Uhhhh, yeah, he is kinda cool guy + good RPer + good researcher.

-support I havent had many interactions with you however the few I have had havent been the greatest
I'm not sure where there was room for positive interactions given our only recent interaction was essentially you RDMing and metagaming and then failraiding GOC base (and promptly RDMing GOC, too)

-Support
Irresponsible with confidential documents, once he let some Techies and Engineers get their hands on a 008 document which let to an info breach
- support has been know in the past to be very un responsible with high clearance level documents to the point engineers have been able to get their hands on 008 docs he left lying on the floor or a sofa

'Engineers' plural and 'Some techies and engineers' is false. I did misplace a sampling request, but it was confined to one techie and information on how to sample a 008-2 instance. This was the only instance of a lost document.

Aug 20, 2022
I'm not sure where there was room for positive interactions given our only recent interaction was essentially you RDMing and metagaming and then failraiding GOC base (and promptly RDMing GOC, too)

'Engineers' plural and 'Some techies and engineers' is false. I did misplace a sampling request, but it was confined to one techie and information on how to sample a 008-2 instance. This was the only instance of a lost document.
like i said in my reply to giving you DoR would be highly irresposible considering your lack of care with high clearance level documentation allowing you access to more high level documentation would prove to be a security risk and considering you are supposed to be a role modle
whats to say people dont copy you and think its ok to do this kind of thing.

like i said in my reply to giving you DoR would be highly irresposible considering your lack of care with high clearance level documentation allowing you access to more high level documentation would prove to be a security risk and considering you are supposed to be a role modle
whats to say people dont copy you and think its ok to do this kind of thing.
Given that I am currently CL4, by all means I have access to a wealth of knowledge. If I wanted to infobreach 008, I would have been PK'd or at the very least tribunaled. As remmy said, it was an in character matter that remmy himself dealt with. Accidents happen, and this was far from causing any real damage. One techie had to be amnesticated and I've made sure to be much more careful with my documents since.

im stating fact not attacking people
I believe you're replying in bad faith. You and Dale replied alongside Aqua, who has made it very well-known and obvious that he doesn't like me. I've never met you and I've been informed that both you and Dale no longer play on the server. I don't see why I should reply following this.

Aug 20, 2022
Given that I am currently CL4, by all means I have access to a wealth of knowledge. If I wanted to infobreach 008, I would have been PK'd or at the very least tribunaled. As remmy said, it was an in character matter that remmy himself dealt with. Accidents happen, and this was far from causing any real damage. One techie had to be amnesticated and I've made sure to be much more careful with my documents since.

I believe you're replying in bad faith. You and Dale replied alongside Aqua, who has made it very well-known and obvious that he doesn't like me. I've never met you and I've been informed that both you and Dale no longer play on the server. I don't see why I should reply following this.
it might have been delt with in character but considering i have seen tribunals happen for alot less and people get fired from jobs for out of character actions in a different discord server does make it seem a bit dodgy how you got ''away'' with it the consequeneses of this having not been made public im not assuming what happened to you but it deffo seems dodgy. altho me and dale no longer play the server it is a public forum and its pretty condescending how you word it that we shouldnt have a right to comment when the servers health and long term survival is at the interest of us both

it might have been delt with in character but considering i have seen tribunals happen for alot less and people get fired from jobs for out of character actions in a different discord server does make it seem a bit dodgy how you got ''away'' with it the consequeneses of this having not been made public im not assuming what happened to you but it deffo seems dodgy. altho me and dale no longer play the server it is a public forum and its pretty condescending how you word it that we shouldnt have a right to comment when the servers health and long term survival is at the interest of us both
arent you perma banned? how long ago was this lol
This was this week. I'm not sure how a permbanned player would get word of this other than if a friend of theirs that does play had bad intentions. Wuh-oh.

Reactions: Niox
Status
Not open for further replies.