[UK] Toaste 'Puppy' W.'s Second DoR Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2024
Ottawa, Canada
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:634694900
Discord name: toastey
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Roughly 700 hours to date.
In what country are you located?: Canada.
Time zone: EDT
Character name(s): Toaste 'Puppy' W.; Kylmä 'Koira' P.K.; 'Anathema'; Kylmä Puronkukka
Civilian name: Kitty 'Kibby' W.
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes.
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: MTF E-11 SPC, MTF Nu-7 SGT, UNGOC SPC [0638], Executive Researcher, CI-B [TEU-LCPL]
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: 2x expired RDM from when I was new to both GMod and the server (~50 hours on steam), 1x old FailRP/NITRP ban for some unfortunate late night shenanigans involving 008 that I self-reported, 1x expired FailRP warning, 1x expired FearRP warning
-

Why are you applying for Director of Research?

I believe my strong ethic and drive for research would contribute greatly to the department overall and my good rapport with both fellow execs, the current DoR (that I would be working alongside with), and even lower ranking personnel from seniors to juniors shows my skills in regards to leadership. I think that I would wholly enjoy more contact with Site Command and more 'freedom' (in a sense) in what I am able to accomplish. I was grateful for the opportunity to go from a Researcher to an Executive and feel that this is the natural next step in my tenure. I believe I possess some of the right qualities to currently lead this department and hope to balance it out and oversee the current exec team, current projects, and other matters; and I hope that I can properly recognize the effort of executives and the likes as a senior CL4.

See above the response from my first application. See below my response for this application.

Alongside what was said previously, I think it would benefit to provide what I plan for the research department;

• Overhaul of the document grading and reward system:
    • As a mutual executive has said, the current system doesn't work very well. It drains executives and the DoR dry of funds, and there is no basis or general consensus on what is 'good' vs. 'excellent' vs. 'exemplary'. I think the research department would benefit wholly from an overhaul and rework to the system, whether that be via a system similar to DEA (merits & demerits) or via a more standardized grading system for execs to use. Although I do agree that the current changes made by the current DoR(s) have been very useful and aided this system, I think a retake would be useful and further discussion is always warranted.
  • New methods and incentivization of engagement:
    • The research department is a lot of effort. In a more combat oriented environment, it can be hard to effectively roleplay with either back to-back breaches or consistent code 1's. Offering additional rewards other than via extensive documents (that simply aren't practicable for some people), making chemicals for the research department should be incentivized and rewarded to expand the scope of what you can do as a researcher. There are also other ways to provide further engagement, such as more effective networking and collaboration with other departments. Most cross-department collaborations that I've seen as an exec have been between executives and consultants, or executives and CL4 MTF, with the exception of E-11. I would much like to see to it that there are more points of contact and support for lower clearances working together, and even executives handing projects to CL3 and CL2 researchers as a way for them to perform duties and show themselves, while also providing roleplay for more than just the research department.
  • Rework and clarification of the Research Policies:
    • It is well known the current state of the policies conflict with other documents (Such as the FLC) and the language used is oftentimes unclear and serves less clarification that if there were no rule in the policies. I wish to clarify each rule in the research policies and ensure that it is clear what each is intended to forbid and allow. Additionally, I want to work with the department of internal affairs to ensure that all operatives are aware of these policies and what can and cannot be done as a researcher, as there are oftentimes misunderstandings due to the current state of the research policies. Things such as greater definitions for certain policies and fixing language & grammar mistakes, and seeing which policies need to be added or removed. Even with the current changes made by the current DoR Engallagher, all of which I agree with and were necessary, I still believe that this is still necessary and that we together would implement the final changes needed.
  • 'Trust system' - borrowed from medical:
    • As can be seen in the medical department, a system of 'trusted' and 'untrusted' personnel can be useful to help reduce incidents and accidents, and I think this would expediate certain processes within the research department. Things such as not requiring a signature for specific tests for a trusted researcher and harsher restrictions being placed on researchers who often misbehave could prove useful in recovering the reputation of the research department and ensuring healthier roleplay, and more roleplay overall.
-

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:

I believe that in recent times I have, out of all of the executives, contributed extensively towards the current department. On the roster not only have I set a new record for activity in one week (69+) but I have also graded a significant quantity of documents to perfect accuracy. I have also completed multiple significant tests, one, which as far as I know, set a record for the highest amount of samples ever collected from any given sampling, that was completely above-board. I've made significant progress in writing documents and find great joy in exercising my creative writing skills and slowly easing myself out of the 6-month writing burnout. I contributed significantly to the research subdepartment of pataphysics and even despite my current short tenure I have received three additional excellent documents and two exemplary documents. I additionally believe that I have upheld the wishes of the current DoR in attempting to recover the reputation of RSD after the previous DoR's neglect and also find myself able to handle the criticisms and conflicts that can arise when dealing with misbehaving researchers and the department as a whole. I have found my decisions to punish personnel upheld by both staff and the DoR multiple times, and believe my behavior reflects my strict punishment policies - I expect to be treated the same if I behave as those I punish. I think I could foster a healthy research environment with the current DoR Engallagher K. Ludenberg and hope that I can contribute in a much more involved way to active and future projects, and I additionally wish to form a closer relationship with Site Command, as is naturally the next step of progression from my current position as Jr.CL4. I heavily enjoy involving other departments in research and duly hope this sentiment is shared by O5 and any others overseeing this application; I wish to oversee further involvement of at the very least both medical and GSD in the research department and hope that a position as DoR would greatly aid in this.

See above the response from my first application. See below my addition to this response for this application.

I believe I have now fully matured into my role in a junior CL4 position and believe I would thoroughly enjoy this second opportunity to advance, as I'm sure there will not be another for some time. I think that my behavior reflects that and I still hold that, following the unfortunate departure of DoR Richard for reasons I have not been told, I would make an apt replacement to serve alongside the reigning Engallagher. I still bear my strong drive, passion for, and understanding of the research department, and I wish to see it expand and grow with myself as a director.

-

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:

The primary responsibilities of a DoR are as follows:

• Leadership & Management:
    • A DoR has to know how to lead. They have to lead both Executives and lower ranking personnel in both the department and in roleplay. RSD is an incredibly RP-heavy department and DoRs must know how to foster that kind of environment. They must also know how to manage the people that lead, and manage both OOC things (Roster, whitelists, departmental changes, job-bans etc.) and in-character things (Projects, proposals, subdepartments). They must be a good mentor and they must know how to organize their staff.
  • Creating new RP & fostering old RP:
    • The DoR, as the highest-ranking research personnel, is expected to create and foster both new & old research projects to a high standard. It takes great creativity and work ethic to both reach and stay as DoR, and in order to properly act as Director, you must contribute and create research.
  • Beaurocracy & Collaboration:
    • As Sr.CL4, you are expected to maintain close collaboration with both other departmental leaders and SC & SA. This is to both ensure a positive environment and more especially to ensure that you fulfil sitewide goals, can maintain and create collaboration between departments, and fulfil your requirements as DoR. It is additionally important to maintain these relationships as it sets a precedent for the entire department - you are expected to 'behave' as DoR, and good rapport with both higher-ups and other departmental leaders is important to efficiently perform your duties.
  • Administration & Cooperation:
    • As DoR, you should not only be able to perform all the duties of an executive, but you should also be able to manage these executives. As executives are CL4 and whitelisted, they will need a leader much more than a senior researcher would. The DoR is expected to lead and guide these people, providing feedback and punishments where necessary, and managing the department as a whole (see management). They will also be expected to lead in other ways, also, through leading projects and leading the cooperation with other departments, they can invite roleplay that would otherwise not be possible. It is first and foremost the DoR's job to create roleplay, and this should always be the first priority.

I do not see any changes that are needed to be made to this section, so this is the same as my first application.
-

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:

There is the personnel file for my executive researcher character. Certain things are hyperlinked and provide access to further lore, however the personnel file is 90% of what is needed.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024
England
decently chill
done a hella lot of projects and documents, probably the most out of any exec currently
hella active
knows their shit
i believe they can be serious
i do like the plans for the department (
except the document 1 i do kinda like the system currently though changes could work)
under investigation(?)
sometimes i feel you aren't the most approachable executive however

+/- support

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024
Ottawa, Canada
decently chill
done a hella lot of projects and documents, probably the most out of any exec currently
hella active
knows his shit
i believe he can be serious
i do like his plans for the department (
except the document 1 i do kinda like the system currently though changes could work)
under investigation(?)
sometimes i feel you aren't the most approachable executive
there are those in the over all department who have a strong dislike for you and i fear this would cause tension, disconnection and some kind of controversy.

+/- support
Hello! For the neutral section of your response, I cannot fix what I am not aware of; Anyone will be disliked by at least someone, but you've stated it like there is a non-insignificant group of people that genuinely dislikes me. If anyone reading this is one of those people I do fully implore you to come speak to me; I'd hate to be a reason for conflict and even more hate to be hated over what could be a very silly misunderstanding. I've noticed that I can be hard to approach at times but I feel that's more of a personal issue within myself than something I do on purpose; I'm always happy to help however on occasion I am simply overstimulated and wish to be alone to write documents or somesuch.

As for the investigation, I am aware of it but naturally I haven't been told what it's actually for, so I can't provide any comment. Thank you!

Reactions: Bellevolence
Sep 6, 2022
-Support
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

- strange twitter
- Overall takes a lot of Out of character information to effect other people
- Your responses to other applications shows you are not fit to be a director just yet, I hope you take this feedback to improve

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Last edited:
- Support

While this application is of reasonably decent quality and I believe that Director of Research would be the most natural progression for you against other Senior CL4 positions I have seen your recent conduct in other DoR applicant's applications and I believe you cannot separate in-character and out-of-character issues. I also would like to state that it is grossly inappropriate to target an individual for OOC issues, without evidence, and post about it in a slanderous context inside their forum applications - especially when you have an application open for the same position.

Mar 30, 2024
Ottawa, Canada
-support

imagine making claims on some random donny and targetting people ooc. mad thing y'know.

dont try and win an application approval just because you want the position with unevidenced slander, slander with receipts or shut the fuck up <3
- Support

While this application is of reasonably decent quality and I believe that Director of Research would be the most natural progression for you against other Senior CL4 positions I have seen your recent conduct in other DoR applicant's applications and I believe you cannot separate in-character and out-of-character issues. I also would like to state that it is grossly inappropriate to target an individual for OOC issues, without evidence, and post about it in a slanderous context inside their forum applications - especially when you have an application open for the same position.
Not easy to support this app after what you’ve caused on someone else’s… I don’t think you’d bring a good behavioural standard to your Department as Director, and overall I do not believe you are currently a good fit.

I’d suggest improving your image out-of-character, which will make future applications easier to support.

-Support
I really don't want to discuss this further; I do have receipts and proof. If any of you would like to see it please reach out to me over discord @toastey

SSL and SC have already seen it

Status
Not open for further replies.