[UK] Tobi Sallow's Executive Researcher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobi Sallow

Sep 20, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:42548606
Discord name: BrookVerse#7153
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Playtime: 5 days, 12 Hours | I've been a part of the server community for just a little over two months now. I did take a brief week break while I had some life events going on.
In what country are you located?: US
Time zone: GMT -6
Character name(s): Tobi Sallow
Civilian name: Renee Bismark
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK Site-65
Do you have a mic?:
- Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- I do not hold any at the moment. I did not feel like I was ready to commit my time and focus to any regiment until I felt more comfortable with the server and the community as a whole. Though, now that I've spent plenty of time in the Research department and I've even been dabbling into Internal affairs, I've been feeling more comfortable on that front.
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- I have not, no. I did when I was first starting out get a talking to once or twice in regards to mixing and once again about bodyblocking when I first joined RRT (I had not known that the riot shields did not count in the respective option of ways you are allowed to do so). However I have been given no actual warnings, I have not even been arrested IC.
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?:
- As mentioned previously, I have been really getting my feet wet as a part of the Research department. I've been enjoying using this time as an opportunity to introduce ne researchers to the department and at times the server as a whole. I've been really enjoying giving lectures as well, its been so enjoyable to do my part to try to help guide new players along the right path and whenever possible remind more experienced players about things they may have forgotten. I'm even planning to start making some lectures on SCP's (mostly CL1's, to avoid any risk of infobreaching).

Good Day,
After giving it much thought and consideration, I have chosen to follow the recommendation of my collogues and some higher-ups. I am Dr. Tobi Sallow a member of the PSI-5 Research Division. I am writing this application for Executive researcher to continue my path forward as a member of the Site-65 Research department. While I was initially hesitant to apply, the encouragement of those around me and my own personal goals has lead me to make this push forward. While I do not have much desire to climb any higher within the foundation. I want to be more useful to the foundation and if the position of Executive researcher is what gives me the capability to do so, then I shall. As it stands my passion is protecting the personnel we test with, on, and work along side; as well as protecting the anomalous objects under our care. I want to see to it that all of them are cared for in whatever manner best suits them. I also wish to use this level of authority to further help the Research department. I wish to do more lectures, I wish to be able to actively guide new researchers through grading documents. Truth be told, I do not expect my responsibilities to change much. However, I still want to show my dedication to the foundation and the Research department.

Thank you for your time,
Dr. Tobi Sallow
What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
- The things that make me most suitable are quite simply my attention to detail and attention to the CoE and CoC. I have found myself both really enjoying using the writing software in the clipboards. I've taken time to read over other research documents to better understand formatting and how to use the software. My attention to the CoE and CoC is mostly straight forward, I take the time to regularly check them for updates and enjoy regularly hosting lectures on them to ensure that everyone else is staying up to date on them as well. At present I'm not really able to require any attendance, and while I am able to help situations when IA is having to deal with a Jr. researcher, I am often only asked to help if there are no Executives around. I would like to be able to help in these sorts of situations more often.
There was one night that I was playing, I watched a Jr. researcher get dragged off to Interrogation, he was screaming the entire time "you don't know my job, you can't stop me" and my initial thought was "great another person just here to minge and make research look bad". Fortunately the IA agent was a better judge than I, because he started asking in comms for any Sr or Exec to come assist. So I complied, waltzing in to Interro, expecting to have to give out a stern talking to. However, when I spoke to the Jr. it became quite clear, (even to me, as harshly as I was pre-judging him) , that he genuinely had no idea what he was doing. That moment was a bit of a wake-up for me. It really put into perspective that there (at the time) were no other researchers hosting lectures, no other researchers seemed to be actively trying to teach the Jr.'s . I dropped everything I was doing and took the Jr. back to Research hall top start from square zero. I asked the IA to let him go with a warning and I spent the next couple of hours just teaching, and it felt wonderful to take the time to help and guide someone who did want to do their job right, but just didn't understand how.
I want to keep doing things like this, but more than that, I was to do them and show the higher up on site that there are researchers who care about their jobs. There are researchers who are here to do more then just minge and infobreach.
How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?:
- I have two, and I understand if that's too few for my application. I will even go so far as to be honest, I only have two proper documents written up. When I first joined, I heard the message of "don't do a project someone else has done before", and I took it a bit too literally. I drove myself to finding the most niche idea I could, and then I planned to do twenty-four individual tests for a single research document. Fortunately, the Exec's and Sr.'s I showed it to quickly talked me down from that. (I eventually cut it down to just twelve.) From there I have still avoided doing documents unless I knew I was providing something of value for the department. My second research document was a series of interviews with SCP-049 for a project for PSI-5 (I am presently working on a second for the same project.)
All in all, I'll acknowledge that for most Exec's this would be a ridiculous statement to make, and if this is the reason for dismissal of my application I fully understand.
The criteria for an Excellent document are: correct formatting, good grammar and spelling, evidence of rp, good aim, method, and conclusion, as well as recommendations for how the results can be used outside of the study.
However, an Excellent document is more than simply criteria. It should very clearly show the level of thought and effort that went into it. Not just in the creation of the document, but also in the very idea behind the test as well. Was this person clearly planning a safe and useful test? were they just fucking around? Did they have an idea for how these results could benefit the foundation or the world at large? The document should very clearly show the intent and purpose behind the researcher's thought process. It should also show the level of effort they put in to the document itself, how hard they worked to not just make it legible, but also presentable.
What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
- The responsibilities of an Executive researcher are honestly not that different from a Sr. It is our duty as higher-up researchers to set a good example for all researchers that come after us. It is our duty to create documents that they can look to for reference, for study, or for introduction to the department and document formatting. It is our duty to produce purposeful, safe, and useful research for the foundation. It is our duty to not just onboard new Jr.'s but also to take the time to host lectures that benefit all ranks of the department. It is our duty to guide new and even experienced researchers so that they too can continue to produce quality results. It is our duty to not just give approval for tests, but to also oversee them and to guide the researcher conducting the test so that the experience is as beneficial a learning opportunity as it can be for them.
Executives must also carry themselves to the highest of the letter of the CoE, the CoC, and the Research department policy. They must show themselves to be dutiful and dedicated to the department and the foundation. They must also grade documents in a fair and just manner and ensure that they are also rewarding the researchers beneath them when they are deserving of it. They should also show an active interest in the day to day of the foundation. They should be able to show that they are keeping up to date on things going on in other departments so that they can better inform the researchers beneath them. They should also show a quick grasp of how to guide a new researcher in how to find said information themselves. Not just teaching them to do their jobs, but also teaching them to be able to one day teach others their job as well; giving the tools needed to climb the ladder of the foundation.
Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Tobi Sallow was a young man who grew up in a small rural town in the USA. He spent many years in an orphanage that was run by a rather cruel and malicious couple. He spent his younger years taking the punishments for other children at the orphanage, and as he got older even taking on duties at the orphanage to ensure the safety and well being of the other children. After the couple was arrested for several crimes and inevitably sentenced to life in prison, the children were all sent to different orphanages. However, Tobi Sallow was able to use his intelligence to get himself enrolled in a wealthy boarding school. After excelling in his grades and advancing several years of study, he was enrolled into an early college program. From there he earned a doctorate in Psychology, focusing on developmental psychology. He spent the next few years working as a simple therapist in [Data Expunged], USA. After several of his clients came in with seemingly disconnected but unusual effects, he eventually reached out to other online professionals seeking answers to the unusual conditions, finding a pattern that many others had not found. Thanks to his efforts and skills, the foundation was made aware of an anomalous event occurring in the region. Upon reviewing his work instead of simply amnesticizing him, he was offered a job within the foundation. Despite his melancholy demeanor, he is very passionate about his work. He focuses his projects on teaching new researchers as well as psychological evaluations of foundation staff and sentient scps.
Quotes:
"It will always be true that a human life is immeasurably valuable. That one life vs a thousand, will always be of equal value. That is why we make the hard choice to sacrifice the one to save the thousand. So no one else has to."
"You can never be too safe. Plan your tests accordingly, and always always value the lives that you put at risk."

The storylines that Dr. Sallow would be most involved in are storylines focusing on improving the conditions that an SCP lives in during their time with the foundation. (the PSI-5 SCP-049 project as an example). As well as any event scp's with sentient objects. He would also be likely to be very involved in any storylines that focus on improving a department's introduction period.

Bailey

Jul 19, 2022
Major + Support

+Constantly Seen In Research
+Lectures are constantly being made by them
+Professional
+Friendly

Trust me when i say there is no better candidate for executive than Tobi as of now, i wish you the best of luck!

Reactions: Tobi Sallow

"Clumsy"

Sep 3, 2022
+MASSIVE SUPPORT
-great at making docs
-friendly
-seen doing many lectures
-helpful and approachable
-good app

This man needs executive

SS3920

Aug 11, 2022
HUGE + SUPPORT!!!!!
- So nice
- Amazing documents
- Does so many lectures
- So friendly and approachable
- Professional
- Active
- Mature
- Amazing application
- Understands the job

Tobi would be a really positive addition to our team. He's very well known in the community and is just such a good person. Out of the researchers we have right now, he is the best possible option for executive.

Status
Not open for further replies.