'Unbroken' GM Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

KFC is LIFE

Jun 18, 2022

'Unbroken' GM Application

Which server are you applying for? (UK/USA): ??
Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): 10memegod01
For how long have you played on CG MRP: Roughly, 2-3 weeks.
In what country are you located?: ??
Timezone: BST/GMT
NATO name (regiment and rank): 17th Sgm. 'Unbroken'
NWO name (regiment and rank): AOR Private
Civilian name: James 'Strongman'
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:544854176
Discord ID: 722167509553512548
Do you have a mic?: Yes
Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications: https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/unbroken-gm-application.16274/#post-107372
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
  • Base camping;
  • FailRP;
  • RDM;
  • RDM;
  • ERP (2022)
Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community?:

Not in a GMod community, however I have owned and ran my own SCP:SL servers. One of which was the largest in the UK with active player counts of up to 30 a day. We had developers, video editors and so on. It was an incredibly active community that I took pride in. If an Admin wishes to contact me about this I can give them proof of this (The server was shut down in late of 2022, nearly all the staff. Including myself had exams and decided it would be ideal to just close the server) I also ran an SCP:SL server in 2021 however that didn't go anywhere. The server died after a month or two.

(If an Admin wishes to contact me about this, I can supply proof)

As, Connor has also seen. I have helped with other communities. One of which, was a large modding community for a MilSim game. The goal of which was to use the SDK to create a Tarkov style experience. With at one point roughly 20 or so Developers. It was a community project that I left to apply for CN GM as I had lost interest in it and wanted and still want to help CN.

I used to stream on a regular basis, which is why I have the name KFC is LIVE. I of course, ran communities for that. And, hosted events to ensure the people in the discord server, and following me. Wouldn't lose interest. However, I have since stopped streaming as I lost interest after 5 or so months.
Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:

Yes, I am well acquainted with CN SCP:RP. Furthermore I have also played on other servers in the GMod Community. I have played on 100s of servers and have been in countless communities at one point. I have held multiple CL4 Roles on SCP-RP and 1 Sr. CL4 role on SCP-RP.
How many hours can you be on everyday?:

From 3-4 PM till 8-9 PM, Friday/Saturday/Sunday I can do longer depending on my schedule.
Why do you want to become a Gamemaster for our server?:

I want to encourage good behaviour, and help make the community a welcoming place for new people. The goal of me applying for GM is to set an example for my community and the people around it. I also want to help create wonderful, unique experiences for the user to enjoy and delight in. And help, my community become more active in the process.
What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:

I am willing to go above and beyond in my role as Trial Game Master. Doing events on a regular basis and engaging with the community with a smile of my face. The goal isn't to police RP, but to engage it and encourage roleplay with the community and make their time on CN a memorable one. Be that making a person laugh, or creating genuinely unique experiences for a person. I want to be the person to do that.
Please List 3 small event ideas (Which would involve at least one side of the server):
  • A representative of the war council is coming to NATO base, all men on board. The man, goes around the base inspecting everything from facilities. To individual regiments, docking NHC for not having toilet facilities or cleaning facilities and for their poor food quality. This war council representative is going to inspect every little detail of the military base in Afghanistan to the molecule
  • A civilian stumbles upon a mass grave, NATO and NWO both blame each other for the warcrime. A journalist by the name of Steve Bennington interviews both sides of NATO and NWO. He also interviews witnesses of the atrocity and members of the public (This event can easily be linked to the RMP/AOR mission)
  • Tarrare is going around the map, he's a showman by heart. Or is he a competitive eater? Well, who actually knows. But he's going out of his way to act incredibly odd and erratic. Eating whole animals and life stock. Even eating NHC General Bumble. NATO, and NWO are going to have to search this man down. This man could be used incredibly useful to either side if they can get their hands on him.
Please List an Map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server):

Blackwater, a civilian has stumbled upon what looks to be a PMC. They're seen executing civilians in Redwood including the mayor Ivan Logovsky. An RMP/AOR task force is called in to the investigate the matter while their HCs are debriefing them. As soon, as they see the mass grave. Of Civilians laying on top of civilians. The Dominos begin to fall, another Civilian, Alexei Anya. Witness to this, survived it by hiding in the closet as her family was being taken away to be executed by men wearing the CSB flag. As soon as RMP/AOR hear this, they tell their HCs to order all Regiments to the CSB-HQ. They all proceed to kidnap all the CSB bring them for trial. Civilian, Mikhail Andrei lawyer and attorney of the CSB is brought to the courts where both both sides are allowed to watch.

What begins to happen is purely RP, both HCs will be allowed to pick their witnesses on their sides, both Alexei Anya and Mikhail Andrei will be members of the event team or GM team. They'll be expected to role with the roleplay if needed, and try to keep it as fluid as possible. There will be a script for the witness, however
Mikhail Andrei will be expected to react to Roleplay in real time. Only certain parts of his act will be scripted to ensure fluidity in the RP.

During the trial, regiments will be asked to do a mission:

17th/1st AL will be tasked with searching for the lost brother of Alexei Anya (His body will be found, tied on a pole with a sign "traitor on it" this will be used during the trial as evidence)
RMP/AOR will be tasked with asking Alexei Anya questions on what happened during this incident, her interview will be used during the trial.

SAS/STS will be tasked with searching the CSB-HQ for documents, they'll be photos of the massacure and more in the compound scattered around the compound.
ISAF/IVG They'll be tasked with guarding the prisoners, prisoners may try to escape. They may even have weapons? Half, the prisoners will be in a jail in Redwood, awaiting transport.
JAF/SWB They'll be tasked with doing a recon, during this recon they'll see something on the ground. It'll be an escaped CSB prisoner. They'll need to get out vehicles and get him ASAP.

List an example mission for each pair of regiments:

17th/1stAL
Unknown Technology has been found, we believe it might be a tank. Whatever it is it's hostile, both the 17th and 1stAL need to deal with the threat. A ceasefire to deal with the threat has been agreed on and a massive tank battle ensues (The tank will be able to 2 shot MBTs, and will take on around 40 hits. More then likely, if possible it'll be a PAC-3 with a custom AT4 Swep)

SAS/STS
SAS is tasked with the assignation of a high ranking member of the KGB, who has information from the old soviet era regarding high ranking members of NATO including information of NATO *top secret* technology which in no way can get in NWO hands. STS are tasked with safe keeping him, and ensuring that he is safe. Questioning him on his intentions, and asking him what he knows.

ISAF/IVG
ISAF has been told that the Mayor of redwood has been kidnapped, he is in an unknown location of the map. ISAF have to intercept him however when they reach the location they find a house in ruins, with blood and a note left. The note, stating his location. ISAF have to chase him down and raid the compound that IVG is in and IVG have to hold off ISAF and keep the hostage.

RMP/AOR
NATO and NWO have both received reports that civilians are being brutalised, and forced into labour camps by the Eastern Resistance. These "Working Camps" have awful living conditions, and there have been reports of civilians being shot by members of the Eastern Resistance. An RMP/AOR Joint task force has been sent out to liberate the town and the camps, they have to fight off ER and clear out the entirety of the town. Before, attempting to liberate the camps. And they *will* encounter heavy resistance along the way.

JAF/SWB
JAF/SWB notice a UFO in the air, a flying space craft is going around both of their airspaces. At once, both Regiments are forced into a full blown air war with this Space Craft of unknown origin. Eventually, the UFO will be blown down and both Regiments will scramble to take control of the crash site and take vital information about it. Both Regiments will be permitted to use MBTs, IFVs and armoured vehicles to take control of the area.

Last edited:

KFC is LIFE

Jun 18, 2022
Hello,

The reasoning behind me making a GM application is because I was advised to make one by members of SL during my Mod Interview. To be honest, I did fail my MRP Moderator Test. However, due to unfortunate timing the test was changed. And is apparently "way harder" and as such I don't feel as if it was due to any personal faults such as "rule knowledge" I just think I got unlucky. As I was on Holiday. I couldn't do the interview, and when I returned. I returned on the day they were rewriting it. And I completely understand why, it's just unfortunate for me as otherwise I might've passed.

I originally planned on joining the event team, as I want to engage with the community. And have fun with members of the community. It's always been my goal from the start, to contribute something to MRP. I hope, by applying and becoming a GM. I can do so.

I'd also like to state, in regards to the events. I personally, wanted to think outside of the box. I don't like combative RP. I think, we really must have more theatre in MRP. As such, I've tried to make my Map Change Event represent that, a trial. War Crimes trial, with a funny Lawyer. And an engaging team could work out well, it could be dramatically gripping at points, and be funny at others. All missions would be voluntary for participating regiments (They'd be given the option of watching the trial, and some might be given the opportunity to be a member of the jury)the goal would be a joint one of locking up the CSB. Instead of fighting, both sides would be working together for something and engaging with each other to work to find clues on the war criminals.

Have a good day!

• 'Unbroken'

Message #1 (05/09/23)

Hello,

I have received feedback and have changed the following:

• CSB Lawyer name Saul Goodman-Mikhail Andrei;
  • RMP/AOR mission has been changed, more context and lore has been given;
  • SAS/STS mission is now completely different, it has been changed to fit the Millitary RolePlay Universe;
  • Mr. Big mission has been changed to reflect a more realistic story, based on: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrare ;
  • SCP 323 event has been completely changed;
  • 17th/1stAL event has been given slightly more context;
  • JAF/SWB event has been given slightly more context.
Hello, I just want to note all the changes made to the application. I am taking on feedback, and improving upon my event ideas.

Have a good day!

• 'Unbroken'

Message #2 (06/09/23)

Last edited:

ionboy64

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Group Moderator
Jun 3, 2022
-/+ Neutral

- Good App
- Good playtime
- SF mission and anomalous deer event are kinda just basic SCPRP events

Vinnie Cassius

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 25, 2022
England
+ Support

• Persistent to becoming GM/Staff
  • Shown a recent spike in activity and maturity
  • Good Application
  • Good events on your application
Hiya Unbroken, it’s clear that you really want a position within either the Staff or Gamemaster Team on this server. While some of your events, such as RMP/AOR lacked detail, I believe a few were good. Other events were not to my liking due to them being too Out Of Character for a MilitaryRP server, such as the SCP-999 instance, a man eating armoured tanks, anomalous dears and Saul Goodman. I wish you good luck on becoming a Gamemaster, and have a great day!

Hiya Unbroken, with the events being changed I am changing my verdict to +support. Best of luck!

Last edited:

Aleem Abdul

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
May 16, 2023
+support

seems to have good ideas and will be an active and useful member to the gm team

Dr Drew

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 29, 2022
+support

Nice events and active

Michiel-MV

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 1, 2021
Belguim
APPLICATION ACCEPTED

Please contact a Senior Admin+ to introduce you to the next step of being a gamemaster.

Regards
Senior Administrator
Michiel
Event team Lead​

Status
Not open for further replies.