Denied UNGOC Thaumatologist change

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
- Removes UNGOC - Thaumatologist
- Adds UNGOC - TYPE-BLUE

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Allows the UN to have a fighting force similar to CI or able to hold the line like CI TB can against Foundation during wartime
+ Makes sense lore wise due to the UNs nature.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Could cause a power struggle, though heavily unlikely due to CI's TB and Foundations sheer numbers (all MTF, DEA/DIA, Combat Medics, GSD, etc.).

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Overall, the UN Thaumatologist job is not strong. It adds nothing to the UN and, at least on the US side, is not used outside of shenanigans in Bunks. For actual Combat, or even just going to Foundation/CI for diplomatic reasons, I would much rather have a Marksman, Assessment/Strike Team, Field Op, or Medic who can defend themselves as a combatant. I doubt this will hurt the surface combat flow very much due to the UN's more "passive" nature, but will even the playing field when we have to be aggressive.

We have had the Reality Bending long enough to the point I can say a TB for GOC will not negatively impact gameplay. If it is implemented the exact same as CI (Except SGT+ for rank restrictions, since "Gamma" is not a GOC rank), I do not see how it could really do anything besides give GOC an extra job to hop on during war or raids.

Reactions: DaveDogs
Jun 24, 2022
pretty sure the 2 main reason why yall are not getting a type blue is because your getting an air drop that gives a person jug double hp and armor and the 2nd reason is because you guy are more in the rp part of the server then the combat like literally the type blue will be so useless for you guy that unless CI go to war with goc which will probably not happened for a while, type blue will just do nothing at all.

and what I mean by double hp and armor from what i heard yall gonna have 1000 hp and 500 armor jugg

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
neutral going to -

This would make UN more combative then it already is.

emilsnat

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Feb 9, 2023
-support
GOC is already god-tier and you already have a thaumaturge you really dont need a type blue

RoxieCat2003

Oct 29, 2022
-Neutral

Honestly I think the reality bender we have is fine, as it's our main goal to hide things that break the viel like that it makes sense we wouldent be using it on field, it's more of an RP role, plus we ready have airstrikes

verybobby

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Oct 10, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Second,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion. The UNGOC is not a primarily combative GOI. The Thaumatologist should be used for research, and with the currently accepted UNGOC suggestions as well as weapon reworks, this is highly unneeded.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.