[US] Ban Appeal GMAN0289

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMAN0289

Dec 1, 2022
Your in-game name: Andrew Kurtz
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:244971374
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198450208476/
Date of ban: December 22 2022
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Ltap, RDM
Who banned you: Boggers
Ban length?: 24 hours
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP RP USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: I will ensure to stay longer after a more suspicious kill. I did see him request the grenade.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?: No
Why should you be unbanned: My intention was not to RDM the class D but to prevent him from obtaining equipment as seen in the video where he had grabbed a grenade. I was observing the Class D for a while to see what he was going to grab. I was under the impression that if Class D were using the keycard to obtain lethal contraband (In this instance a grenade) that they were to be killed on site as that is a weapon.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I guess I should probably stick around longer in order to prevent the situation of LTAP, and as for the RDM I dont feel there is a way of prevention rather a justification on why I would kill someone.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I enjoy playing the server and as stated in the previous itteration of the post I dont consider myself to be "the common minge". I feel like this was just poor timing on my part for leaving as I had to get off for a while for real life reasons.

Last edited:

Boggers

Dec 2, 2022
Hello and good morning GMAN! Allow me to give you some context as to why you were issued that ban. I received a report against you from D-Class crumb. I brought the person who reported you and they sent me a clip which I will link below. After determining it was RDM I sought to bring you to the sit unfortunately you had disconnected from the server right after killing said D-Class. I set a 15-minute timer (5 extra minutes than what was required) from the time you disconnected and waited it out to see if you would reconnect. You never did so I issued a higher-up for an LTAP; RDM punishment. Thank you for taking time out of your day for making this ban appeal and I hope this gives more context to your current situation & have a nice day.

D-Class / RDM Rule Clarification Hello, gents. I'm sure by now most of you are aware that we've reinforced a pretty big rule clarification regarding when it's okay for GENSEC and other Foundation forces to terminate Class-D who are standing inside D-Block confines. I'll be fully explaining that here. GENSEC may terminate Class-D inside DBlock for the following reasons: - The D-class is presenting or has presented a weapon of any kind.
- The DClass has a keycard AND is using it to free themselves/other DClass from D-Block. This means that simply holding a keycard is NOT a valid reason for termination.
- The DClass is using a TE-5 to hack open a door.
- The DClass is body-protecting another DClass who is committing one of the above acts.

Any other instance of D-Class misbehavior inside DBlock must be met with a lower level of force, such as a sweep, an apprehension, etc. in accordance with GENSEC operating procedures. This is subject to periodic changes based on special circumstances or further deliberation from Server Leadership.

Regards,
Hound

Last edited:

GMAN0289

Dec 1, 2022
Hello and good morning GMAN! Allow me to give you some context as to why you were issued that ban. I received a report against you from D-Class crumb. I brought the person who reported you and they sent me a clip which I will link below. After determining it was RDM I sought to bring you to the sit unfortunately you had disconnected from the server soon after killing said D-Class. I set a 15-minute timer (5 extra minutes than what was required) from the time you disconnected and waited it out to see if you would reconnect. You never did so I issued a higher-up for an LTAP; RDM punishment. Thank you for taking time out of your day for making this ban appeal and I hope this gives more context to your current situation & have a nice day.

Edited Like I had stated in the original post this is to attempt to get my ban removed from my record rather then appealing the punishment.

Last edited:

Alpha Toon

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 9, 2021
Appeal Accepted

Hi @GMAN0289,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

While the clip provided does indicate RDM, the basis for your ban was LTAP. In this particular case, I don't think you had any ill intention, nor did you know you would be reported for this incident. Please contact a staff member ranked Admin+ in game to get this removed from your history.

Regards,
Alpha​

Status
Not open for further replies.