[US] Barney "Chef" - Dir. of Internal Affairs

Jul 26, 2022
Barney "Chef" | Director of Internal Affairs Application

[OUT OF CHARACTER SECTION]

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:53115357

Discord name: barneyonmeth

For how long have you played on CG SCP: I began playing the server over 2 years ago, with several months of total playtime.

In what country are you located?: Australia

Time zone: AEST (GMT+10)

Character name(s): Barney "Chef"

Civilian name: Barney "Nuts"

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- IA Ambassador x2 (holding)
- Overseer Assistant x2 (holding)
- GENSEC Sergeant (holding)
- DEA Sr. Agent (holding)
-----------------------------
- Medical Consultant (held)
- Nu-7 SPC (held)
- CI-B (held)
- Overseer Assistant (held)
- E-11 CSG (held)
- GENSEC Captain (held)
- IA Ambassador (held)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
While I am unable to verify the exact number of warns, I do recall acquiring a notable amount during my very first leave from the server, primarily for FailRP, as well as a ban for RDM, as a result of my immature attitude which had since shifted following my long-passed re-integration to the Civil Networks community.

[IN-CHARACTER SECTION]

Why are you applying for Director of Internal Affairs?:
I am applying to the position of Director of Internal Affairs in hopes that I can lead our department further down the path of new ideas, innovation and excellence. I am passionate towards our department and its cause, and have put my best foot forward during my several experiences as an IA Ambassador. There are many ideas I have that I would love to have achieved alongside our current Director, Raixin, the most prominent of which relating to preparing our department for its upcoming revamp. This may involve renewing outdated documentation, instilling new, more effective practices to streamline our heavy workload, and the guidance of new and existing IA personnel in their duties. I have over half a year of experience as an IA Ambassador, despite having only returned recently, and I believe that I can utilise said experience to make positive decisions for the department moving forward. With further reference to my recent second appointment as Ambassador, I did not expect this opportunity to become Director to arise so soon, and I would have liked more time to make myself known, although I am of the firm belief that my previous and current experience combined are sufficient. "You miss every shot that you don't take."

What makes you suitable for Director of Internal Affairs?:
I am highly qualified for the position of Director of Internal Affairs, primarily from my extensive experience serving the Department of Internal Affairs, both as an Agent and Ambassador. Having been an Ambassador for a combined 7+ months including my first appointment in 2022, I have gained a plethora of skills relating to Internal Affairs practice, and the management of a team to coordinate effectively. I am highly knowledgeable on all of Site-65 and IA's policies, including the Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct. I am quite friendly and approachable, and serve as a role-model, moreover a beacon of knowledge to my fellow Agents when we are conducting our duties. With additional reference to my first time as an Ambassador in 2022, I was appointed "Head Ambassador" by the Director of the time, and was tasked with creating the first ever training system employed by IA, an astounding success for the department, in addition to a number of high-profile investigations. In parallel, I am highly familiar with the creation of documents and the standards to which they are upheld, from both my time in IA and as a Site Inspection Assistant, creating numerous excellent-grade documents for various assignments and investigations. I have few additional obligations to the server and, as such, can dedicate the majority of my time to my works as a Director, and making the department a better place.

On an equally important note, I believe that sustained activity on-site from holders of Clearance 4 positions is of the upmost importance, and I will ensure that I adhere to every standard of activity without question. As an Australian member of the community, my activity may appear to be limited to some, as I am not seen frequently throughout the day time. This argument can be easily countered as I have been on-site almost every day for the past several months, albeit at different times to most individuals. Because there is a ~10hr difference between my timezone (AEST) and most US timezones, I am required to perform my duties primarily throughout the nighttime and early morning. Clearance 4 personnel are often understandably lacking in numbers during these times, which could potentially lead to instability within the site, as up to 100 people may still be actively operating during this period. I aim to provide a solution to this problem, serving as an essential point of contact should there be any need for a higher-clearance individual. VTime can be provided if requested.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Internal Affairs in RP?:
The Director of Internal Affairs is the most senior figure in their department, responsible for overseeing its function on a larger scale, with a reduced focus on micro-management of Agents, more akin to the job of an Ambassador. The Director is tasked with managing official department documentation, appointment and dismissal of Ambassadors, granting and overseeing of investigations, and serving as a representative in the High Court of Internal Affairs, usually as the presiding Judge. In relation to the previous statement, IA Directors are authorised to investigate cases of misconduct among high-profile individuals, including Senior CL4 personnel. Furthermore, the Director should schedule regular meetings for IA's leadership to discuss and brainstorm new ideas, creating a space where everybody's voice is heard and put forward towards a good cause. Finally, the Director is the ultimate role-model for all Agents and Ambassadors alike, and should encourage them to perform to a standard above the expectation.

Please give some lore about your Internal Affairs Director of Internal Affairs character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Barney "Chef" is an ex-member of the Australian Army Intelligence Corps, who performed extensive reconnaissance work on several high-ranking individuals within the Taliban Armed Forces and Ministerial Leadership. Barney has a passion for cooking, he began his work as a Security Cadet, while taking on part time volunteer work at the D-Block Cafeteria. Barney strongly believes in the importance of ethics, and has always treated everyone he meets with this in mind, including the D-class he cooks for. Barney was first introduced into the SCP Foundation through his friend; a senior member and ex-leader of the now disbanded Intelligence Department at Site-65, whom had contacted him regarding a lucrative and highly rewarding job opportunity.

Following a few weeks of supervised general duties work as a Security Cadet, Chef was promoted to Officer, brandishing his new, shiny green keycard. This promotion opened a gateway to a plethora of new opportunities within the foundation. Barney wasn't very receptive to the idea of standing at Heavy Containment Zone Checkpoint for hours on end, so instead of a position in the Mobile Task Forces, Barney opted for something more demanding yet safe, hence his successful application into the Internal Affairs Department as an Operative. Barney immediately began to adopt the new working style of an Agent, and put his best foot forward to make a good impression for himself. Feeling happier than ever, he had found his place.

Fast forward several months, Chef had made a name for himself as one of the Internal Affairs Ambassadors, and he continued to work hard and marvel at his transformation from a Security Cadet to one of those "people with the cool-looking red keycards". Chef continued to work part-time in the kitchen, during which times he ███████████████████████████. Unfortunately, during this time, Barney "Chef" was critically injured in the line of duty, following a vicious attack during which he was stabbed several times by a rogue Tech Expert, causing substantial brain and leg injuries as well as the destruction of his entire career. Sure enough, Chef was held in the facility's Medbay indefinitely, awaiting treatment and recovery.

Fast forward (another) several months, Chef has mostly recovered from his injuries, apart from a minor reduction in brain activity. From his time in his medical ward, he encountered a number of friendly medical staff, whom he got to know better and better as time progressed. After taking a liking to the functions of the department responsible for treating him, he decided to undertake a course in Paramedicine, hoping he could do the same for others as what they had done for him. After a year on assignment as a trainee, Chef was finally granted his Medical License and became a well-respected doctor, responsible for the treatment of Infectious Diseases. Despite all the rumours that he "appeared out of nowhere" and was "never seen before", one must rest assured that this is NOT the case, and Chef had indeed undergone all the relevant training within this timeframe, as opposed to operating as a personal assistant to the O██████████l!

[WARNING: ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS RESTRICTED FILE - PROVIDE CREDENTIALS]
[ACCESS GRANTED: LEVEL 4 CLEARANCE IDENTIFIED]
Accessing file... "chef_dossier_declassified.txt"

Fast forward (another) several months, Chef has mostly completely from his injuries, apart from a minor reduction in brain activity. He somehow convinced the Riot Response Team to let him in, presenting his Riot and Heavy Weapons licenses that he acquired over half a year ago (probably expired by now). Barney's work as a Riot Control Sergeant is enriching and truly immerses him in all spheres of Foundation life, albeit this is frequently countered by a previously unforeseen threat. Another Code 2? The tenth one to happen in the last 30 minutes? Yep. And what are the cadets doing to stop it? Killing each other. EACHOTHER. Chef figures he can put a stop to this problem, so he takes somewhat of an intriguing gamble, eventually earning himself the rank of Captain.

Captain Chef built an interesting character for himself spanning his time as a Security Captain. Not his first rodeo when it came to this level of responsibility, however he would find himself delving into some affairs he may not have fully prepared himself for. As his connections grew stronger, he was introduced to individuals with questionable backgrounds, involved in lines of work he never believed possible. Chef slowly gained an interest into the mysterious workings of the Overseer Council, uncovering a set of truths that would soon prove to change his life. One day, all alone in Chef's office, he would discover a series of peculiar documents within the global database. "overseer_f██ry_chatlogs.txt" was the last thing he saw before two masked figures entered the room, swiftly delivering Chef to an undisclosed location.

Now as an Assistant (crazy, right? A former GENSEC?), Barney was tasked with monitoring the function of several departments at a time, a responsibility he thought he'd never have brought upon him, as somebody who did nothing but shoot D-class for the past few months. Despite his sudden and rather suspicious disappearance, Barney was still required to work in the Light Containment Zone as an Assistant, so to avoid being recognised, he had to come up with a plan. It was then, he figured, that he could make his way back as an Internal Affairs Ambassador, to cover up his secretive dealings with the Overseer Council! He started on his plan immediately, figuring that it couldn't possibly go wrong.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) for Barney, he had gained a notable level of recognition within the Department of Internal Affairs, which wasn't exactly his intention. He figured that, given his original plan was foiled, he would remain as an Internal Affairs Ambassador, and see what he could get out of it. Soon enough, he began to take a liking to the work, reminding him of his previous days as an Ambassador. Barney no longer cared for his original plan, and his allegiance remained with IA, now having his sights set on an opportunity that, despite maybe coming too early, was hard for him to miss.

Signed,
Ambassador Barney "Chef"

• Love
Reactions: Gure
+Support
I have previously worked with Barney as an Ambassador within Internal Affairs, Together with barney, barry & myself IA was run at an extremely high standard & was producing good RP scenes at a very high rate. To not give Barney his long deserved promotion to IA Director would be robbery & would be a massive oppourtunity missed for improvement & fun within IA. A summary of this yap is that barney is good