'Big Dave'

Your SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:44745236

Your steam community link:

Date of ban:
01/04/2024

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect):

-------===== [ BANNED ] =====-------

You have been Banned from Civil Networks SCP-RP.

Time of Ban:
Mon Apr 1 21:58:52 2024

Reason:
MRDM |Stacked bans

Banned By:
Adam 'Rackarain' Smith(STEAM_0:1:77368334)

Time Left:
2 weeks 1 day

You may appeal at civilnetworks.net

Who banned you:
Rackarain

Ban length?:
2 weeks

What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
SCP-RP US

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url):

What will you do to stop this from happening again:
Not engage in rule breaking activities, and avoid getting over excitable.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?
Yes, many times. I'm not proud of them, and are unable to see them to list them here.

Why should you be unbanned:

I feel I should be unbanned due to the following;

Improper enforcement of Rules:

The Admin dealing with my case decided to rule my case as a MRDM (Mass RDM) by using the context of three kills in the logs, as well as their presence, as evidence as to the classification of ban. In order for this to be valid, the Admin needs to know the full context of the kills, after all - knowing one of three kills is RDM does not guarantee there is no prior kill reasons on the other two individuals. The Admin, Rackarain; did not seek out testimony from the other two killed individuals despite me asking numerous times for them to do so. They deemed it necessary to not take two minutes of their time to simply teleport players to himself and ask, and instead decided to force me onto the Forums, now wasting my time, more of his own time and the responding SL's time.

The two players that were killed alongside the original RDM, which I admitted, I had prior kill reasons on them for aiming weapons at me and forcing me under gunpoint to perform actions under duress.

Failure of Staff to call for a Second Opinion:

The Staff in question, also declined and ignored my request for a second opinion in the situation, and instead rushed the ban through without hearing me out. He decided that because of his rank in the structure it was appropriate for him to trust his judgement.

Abuse of Powers from Staff:

In the situation in which the RDM(s) (allegedly) occured, the Admin solving the situation was present within the immediate sit. He himself cuffed me within RP, as an Internal Affairs Agent disguised as a Chef - and then brought me to the sit immediately after. He dealt with a situation he was involved in and tried to deny it.

He also was godmoded during the situation, when I was brought immediately to the sit he asked me, "Was I Class F'ed" , which begs the question; if the Staff was not under the knowledge that I was acting within roleplay - and was, why was he God moded within RP and while cuffing players? Does his Staff Powers extend to roleplay as well? Are Staff able to freely Godmode themselves to gain powers within roleplay situations? I don't think so.

Excessive Ban Length

Due to the nature of the offences, where I apologised for the RDM I did commit, and told him the other two "RDMs" were legit with reasons, my ban at most would be a 1d ban + 1d for stacked bans. I am banned for 13 days overdue.

The Staff Guidelines also state;
Capture.PNG

I did not have the "intention" nor indication that I was going to "keep killing" nor was there sufficient evidence to provide for the three in the first place.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?:

Continue to act within the rules, and contribute to a meaningful roleplay environment. And try to stop myself from getting over excitable and taking matters into my own hands, I should call an Admin.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?:

I enjoy SCP-RP US, I feel it has a great community with many good faces. I was trying to play seriously tonight and it was rudely interrupted.

Evidence:

Clip 1: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/24Jd6uhlmXDfrr/d1337kTNpOrc?invite=cr-MSxWSG0sMTk5MTg0NDcxLA

Clip 2: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/24Je1M1t6j6_1o/d13375OXXYsv?invite=cr-MSx2ZDAsMTk5MTg0NDcxLA

Clip 3: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/24Jg3cbSGYYmQA/d1337Ng2Ablp?invite=cr-MSw5SGssMTk5MTg0NDcxLA

Rackarain

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Aug 29, 2022
Hi @Big Dave
So as i stated in the sit i watched you guy 3 people one of them cuffed being arrested. You were intero getting asked to leave while a chef was getting arrested. You proceeded to gun down an ia agent the chef and another person while under gunpoint and you were outnumbered and being told to leave intero. I was outside the door disguised as a chef. I cuffed you to see what was going on and the person you killed called a sit, so i walked away and handled the sit. A clip was provided to verify of what i saw. I god mode myself since i have been killed by people and didnt want to lose my disguise and stuff. I asked you if you were classed F meaning you were drugged and brainwashed to kill foundation personnel. I checked your record you had prior bans. looked at longs on you killed 3 people in which we classify as mrdm. You said you were pervious staff but from 2 years, so i would expect you to understand our rules. You did not asked for a second opinion. The other people were not needed as i did not need witnesses as i watched it happen. You are not allowed to kill friendlies unless they are threating your life or you are committing treason rp which must be accepted by Admin+.

Blackknight95

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Jun 7, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi Dave,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

I am denying this appeal due to a few factors

"and instead decided to force me onto the Forums, now wasting my time, more of his own time and the responding SL's time."

This is how our process is for ban appeals, we don't handle them ingame or over discord.

"my ban at most would be a 1d ban + 1d "

These are GUIDELINES, not hard rules we MUST follow. We can choose to alter ban lengths if we so please.

"as an Internal Affairs Agent disguised as a Chef - and then brought me to the sit immediately after"

If the staff member themself breaks a rule, then another staff needs to handle it. If they witness someone breaking a rule, they can deal with it.

Rack is within his right to perform all the actions you complain about, as per our policies. Being godded in sits is common practice.

You may re-appeal in 1 week​

Status
Not open for further replies.