SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?:
Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
CI Alpha
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I got a warning during the first week of playing for RDM. Stabbed a D-class as a D-class. Haven't stabbed anybody since.
-
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
I'm drawn to the dynamic research roleplay offered on this server. My fascination with the SCP universe has led me to actively assist and mentor newer researchers, striving to enhance their experiences within the community. As an Executive Researcher, I see an opportunity to amplify my impact by contributing more significantly.

With this position, I aspire to enrich the community by developing specialized training lectures, organizing engaging events/research test, and fostering a collaborative atmosphere among researchers. I believe in facilitating smooth onboarding experiences for fresh researchers and promoting seamless communication between departments, thus enhancing the overall cohesion and efficiency of the server.

My motivation lies in the desire to empower fellow researchers and cultivate a vibrant research community. By assuming the role of an Executive Researcher, I aim to leverage my passion and expertise to elevate the server's research department and, in turn, elevate the collective enjoyment of all participants.
-
What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
I possess excellent communication skills, fostering collaboration and understanding among team members. My consistent online presence during off-peak hours ensures accessibility and support when executives may not be readily available.

My passion for research is a driving force, motivating me to invest dedicated effort into exploring the depths of the SCP universe. Alongside this passion, my strong grasp of server and Foundation rules allows me to navigate effectively within the community guidelines.

An essential aspect of my approach is a constant willingness to learn and improve. I am open to feedback, always seeking growth, and readily admit to any mistakes I may make. This humility and dedication to personal development ensure that I can adapt and refine my abilities, aligning with the responsibilities and expectations of an Executive Researcher.

Overall, my communicative nature, availability, research enthusiasm, rule understanding, and commitment to continuous learning make me a suitable candidate for the Executive Researcher role, enabling me to contribute effectively to the server's research department.
-
How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
I have 11 excellent-graded documents. The most important aspect of an excellent-graded document is formatting. A document that has a brilliant idea but is formatted poorly is unlikely to receive an excellent grade. Furthermore, even a document that is formatted in an impecaple fashion, requires an idea that is interesting and creative. Furthermore, there has to be enough content to the document. Is the document has great formatting, a creative idea but is not expanded upon, it cannot be an excellent document.
-
What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
Executive researchers are to provide guidance to any researchers who seek it and suggest guidance to those who need it. This includes making sure that all tests are being conducted in accordance to department rules, the legal codex, and ethical guidelines. Executive researchers are also responsible for approving research proposals and help regular researchers get in touch with senior staff, if needed.
-
Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Dr. Gordon Gudgeon was a man of exceptional intellect and an insatiable curiosity for the unknown. He had always been fascinated by the arcane, the enigmatic, and the unexplained. From a young age, he delved into the depths of various conspiracy theories and fringe science. His obsession with the supernatural and the uncharted realms of knowledge led him to pursue a career in the field of anomalous research.

Gordon hailed from a modest family, his parents nurturing his intellectual curiosity from the outset. He had a brother named Gilbert, who was his closest confidant and partner in their shared pursuit of the mysterious. The two brothers spent countless nights theorizing about the supernatural and the hidden facets of reality.

However, fate took a dark turn when Gilbert vanished under mysterious circumstances. Gordon was devastated by the loss of his brother, and the pain of not knowing what happened to him drove him to unravel the secrets of the anomalous world. Determined to find any trace of his missing brother, Gordon immersed himself in his studies, honing his skills and knowledge.

In his relentless quest for the truth, Gordon became aware of the SCP Foundation—a clandestine organization dedicated to securing, containing, and protecting anomalous entities and artifacts. Intrigued by their mission and seeing it as an opportunity to explore the enigmas that had plagued him, he applied to join their ranks. His impressive academic record and fervor for understanding the unexplainable earned him a position as a junior researcher.

Through hard work, dedication, and a willingness to take on risky assignments, Gordon climbed the ranks within the Foundation. His eagerness to learn and contribute allowed him to forge connections with influential figures within the organization. As he advanced in his career, he maintained the drive to uncover the truth behind his brother's disappearance and potential involvement with groups tied to anomalous activities.

Years passed, and Gordon was now a senior researcher within the SCP Foundation. His expertise in handling anomalous objects had grown immensely, and he found himself assigned to various cross-testing experiments to better understand the nature of these anomalies. Little did he know that one such experiment would forever alter the course of his life.

On a fateful day, Gordon was chosen to participate in a crosstest involving SCP-914, a mysterious device with the ability to alter the nature of objects, and SCP-978, a seemingly harmless desire camera. The experiment was meant to explore the effects of combining the two anomalies on a very fine setting.

Gordon, having dealt with anomalous artifacts before, approached the experiment with cautious enthusiasm. Unbeknownst to him, at the precise moment when the crosstest occurred, he was daydreaming about a life free from the burdens and responsibilities of his demanding job. In his imagination, he envisioned the carefree and independent life of a cat.

As the crosstest unfolded, an unforeseen anomaly caused SCP-978 to interact with SCP-914 in an unprecedented manner. The combination of their effects resulted in a transformation, manifesting Gordon's whimsical desire into a startling reality. He found himself turned into a feline humanoid—a surreal and bewildering experience that defied explanation.

Gordon, now struggling to come to terms with his newfound form, faced both physical and emotional challenges. The SCP Foundation quickly moved SCP-978 offsite for further analysis, recognizing the dangerous potential of the anomalous interaction.

Amidst his predicament, Gordon was determined to find a solution to reverse the effects of the experiment and regain his human form. The desire to reunite with his brother and learn about Gilbert's fate fueled his resolve. Unbeknownst to Gordon, Gilbert had taken a path that led him into the clutches of the Chaos Insurgency, an opposing force to the SCP Foundation. Driven by the desire to uncover the truth, Gordon was willing to take risks and participate in experiments that others might have hesitated to undertake.

Now as a feline humanoid, Gordon navigated his role within the Foundation, leveraging his unique perspective and experiences to contribute to anomalous research. His journey was one of resilience, adaptation, and an unyielding commitment to his goals, as he continued to seek answers and strive to restore himself to his original human state.

Last edited:

Kiryu

Dec 23, 2022
Detroit, Michigan

Incoming Message: Research Directorate of Site-65

wDS92YJDLXkoYDUf-DFWlkWxpwyWvuzok7scwgBEvsGmzEUhyaKuqvTHfUY8B5K6YLssyucT5xwjcanT9EgpyXiV_cs2VL5xC7CPn4vJb1CTZOUDOAbqr6kkmw4CEwLyZ2yNvWWoQpDBGjBIudKPtA

Greetings, Gordon!

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to apply for the position of Executive Researcher within the Site-65 Research Department. Your time is greatly appreciated.

Upon review, your application has been elevated to an interview!

Please email (Discord message) Dpt. Director Darby (thegypsybard) or Dpt. Director Kiryu (.kurgerbing) to receive your interview!​

Status
Not open for further replies.