For how long have you played on CG SCP: As of posting, 1 Day, 7 Hours
In what country are you located?: Australia
Time zone: ACST
Character name(s): "Harrison Court"
Civilian name: "Harrison Court" "Matt Court"
What server are you applying for?: SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes
-----

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: As I am located in Australia, I have not gone into MTF or CI roles, due to the severe latency that the server contains. It would not be beneficial to both myself and other parties, such as SCP, D-Class, and other combatives, to be in such a role.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: I have received one verbal warning, which was yesterday at the time of posting. 10 minutes before the server restarted, I was goofing around with a few friends, and got carried away by jumping into D-Block. I was bought to Staff and was told not to do so again, due to FailRP + Giving D-Class cards they would not have otherwise. I have taken this warning very seriously, and will not be repeating such an incident in the future, no matter how silly or non-RP-like the situation.

Otherwise, I have no warnings on my account.

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher? The researcher role is something that I take pride in. I enjoy roleplaying as the class and I love expanding both my characters and the facilities lore. The Executive role will also allow me and others to test on further subjects, learn more about the SCP-lore itself (Which admittedly, is still at the tip of the iceberg for me), while also being able to write documents and provide great material to others.

As an Exec. Researcher, I would be able to provide training and research assistance to Junior, Default, and Senior roles, which, as someone who enjoys helping others, is something that would greatly benefit myself and others. I would also be able to help grade papers, approve credits (which can be spotty whenever Australians are active), and provide feedback to those who have just started, and wanting to dive into scarier, more intensive roles.

I always encourage others to do their best, especially in roleplay, and having the capability, authority and toolset to do that would be awesome.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?: As stated above, I thoroughly enjoy roleplaying as the researcher role, and take my experiements with a head on attitude, while also making sure that every party; SCP, D-Class, MTF, Gensec, etc, are all given their fair share of enjoyment (and challenge).Q

How many excellent-graded documents have you written?
While I am unable to get an exact number, I believe I have created 6 to 9 excellent graded documents. They contain documents from mostly Clearance 1 to Clearance 2 SCP's. But I have been with other clearance 3 and 4 researchers for other tests, which helped me grasp the procedures and expected documenation.

What makes a document excellent?
To the facility; an excellent grade document needs to have the pages and chapters provided below,;
  1. Introduction - Give the reader a brief intro to what the research study is for. There should be enough detail here to tell the reader whether the document is worth their time, or whether they should stop reading.
  2. Index - This page details what the other pages contain.
  3. Subject - Detail the SCP on this page. Provide as much detail about this SCP, including effects, severity class (Safe, Euclid, Keter), and how it was retrieved by the SCP foundation. If possible, provide a photograph of the SCP.
  4. Objective - What is the plan for this study? What are we hoping to get out of it? Detail it here.
  5. Methodology - Step-by-step instructions on the procedure taken for this test. Follow this procedure as closely as possible, and if possible, accommodate further instructions if things go south.
  6. Participants - Who are we taking into this test? Provide as much details about the participant, including ID, name, role, and so forth. Have the participant provide their backstory if possible.
  7. Hypothesis - What do you think will happen in this test? Give your honest and detailed thoughts about what you expect the outcome to be.
  8. Results - What is the result of the test? Did it go well? Did it not? Did anyone perish? Did the SCP provide odd behaviour compared to previous tests? Write everything that happened in this experiment on that page.
  9. Conclusion - Take all the previous pages, and write how you think this research study went. Did it match your hypothesis? Why/Why not? Write down what you will do different in the future, or if you'll do this test once more.
Other pages, such as "Signatures" or "Questions & Answers" may replace or be slotted into the research study as above. It is also encouraged that if you need to fit more detail onto a page, create another page.

To me, a document needs to meet and follow three criteria;
  1. It needs to be easy to read, and understandable, while also providing context. If I read a document, and I'm confused about the study, there's something wrong.
  2. The contents are straight to the point; No fluff, no going off-topic, just tell me what it is you are doing, what is happening, and what happened.
  3. Roleplay is extremely encouraged to be present within the documentation.
    • If a D-Class runs away from a test and dies, having the results say "D-Class #1234 passed away after being attacked by [SCP/PERSONNEL], due to severe blood loss after receiving major head trauma." is far richer and intriguing than reading "D-Class died because [SCP/PERSONNEL] shot him"

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
An Executives Role is to be a role model for the researchers under his clearance level. He is expected to handle and approve research study documents from Clearance 3 and below, while also providing feedback to the authors, such as incorrect spelling, not following format correctly, and pointing out unethical or unsafe practices.

He also has the ability to authorise and approve tests that Clearance 3 and below would not have access to otherwise. He can not authorise unethical practices, which is up to the Ethics Committee to approve.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Harrison Court, born in 2000, was bought into the facility in 2022, being hired as a Junior Researcher, with his notable studies and handiwork from the University of █████ █████████. After several months of testing, creating several documents and studies, receiving feedback from his peers, and being a friendly colleague to staff, he rose quickly to the "Researcher" Role, before exceeding once more going into the Senior position several months later, where he now currently writes research studies, and does testing on Cl. 3 subjects.

Harrison Court, despite his chatty behaviour, is a quite, isolated man, and stays far away from violence as he can. The worst part of his job is the continued violence surrounding D-Class and GenSec, stating that "Every 30 to 60 minutes, some poor bloke in D-Class get's killed. I can't help but feel this is a perpetual machine of increased violence from both parties."

Last edited:
Reactions: Kwan

Kiryu

Dec 23, 2022
Detroit, Michigan
Incoming Message: Research Directorate of Site-65

3GpWTiEt_KhgE9BCIr9geRFNt21P4ElwotRfIrxPfqQV2PuMdXNeQ-HXGgnDsSreh5OBzlBZc2RC6Fpjq7Bpm_3D78tSfMyrFWU9d72zkcNpkwcf8DrYTUt3vCeHyZj8B6Bxr0-zjRP120z6hmkqkQ

Greetings, Harrison!

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to apply for the position of Executive Researcher within the Site-65 Research Department. Your time is greatly appreciated.

Upon review, your application has been elevated to an interview!

Please email (Discord message) Dpt. Director Darby (thegypsybard) or Dpt. Director Kiryu (.kurgerbing) to receive your interview!​

• Wow
Reactions: HarrisonCourt

Kiryu

Dec 23, 2022
Detroit, Michigan
Incoming Message: Research Directorate of Site-65

J5qnmUU28uRK7cK9xS04_fXR7y_hZrqhUzgC0a3aku79LiGSCAtA9URE7d7NQUa5zF2BkssuA78AUXkmeiYPfP2rvVm9tuHQifQHES3J4NEkME-7r36tHM8jZWxLLhyUib7ZMoO29D-q31s23to1uQ

Greetings, Harrison!

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to apply for the position of Executive Researcher within the Site-65 Research Department. Your time is greatly appreciated.

Upon review, your application has been denied.

Please email (Discord message) Dpt. Director Darby (thegypsybard) or Dpt. Director Kiryu (.kurgerbing) for elaboration and questions you may have.

You may re-apply in 2 weeks.​

Status
Not open for further replies.