What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA

Do you have a mic?: Yes!

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
  • MTF Nu-7 NCO
  • SCP-096
  • DEA/IA
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I have received two ERP warns.

Warn #1: I attempted to smuggle 2295 in my anal cavity since Gensec was trying to take him away.
Warn #2: In OOC I was talking about how if SCPs were real there would be people definitely trying to procreate with them which obviously would be weird. I got warned for ERP and jailed.

Both of these warns occurred within my first week in the server and I have zero warns since.

Why are you applying for Internal Affairs Ambassador?
I am applying for Internal Affairs Ambassador for a multitude of reasons including but not limited to mentoring others both in IA and outside of IA, putting the IA handbook into practice by enforcing IA policies, training new agents, and the likes.

As a mentor in a more official capacity within Internal Affairs; that being the role of IA Ambassador, I will help guide the direction of the department by ensuring agents are being cordial, professional, and upholding the Code of Conduct, Code of Ethics, and Legal Codex. Many agents over the time that I've been playing have gotten stuck on what to assign people for charges, or what they can and cannot do. I've had the pleasure of assisting several agents and even those who are not in internal affairs. In one case, a Researcher thought that he did not need ethics approval to test on SCP-914 and found out the hard way... by being swarmed by combatants. He was arrested by myself and educated on research policy by being linked the Research Hub Spreadsheet which contains policies, the roster, etc. I informed him that since he was cooperative he'll be jailed for the minimum time as long as he reads the material. He agreed. This is the type of education and mercy that I want to extend to the rest of the Internal Affairs Department during my time as an Ambassador. While we do have a zero tolerance policy, a punishment does not have to simply be a punishment. It can be a tool used for correction of a wrong action or decision. This is the type of Ambassador I want to be.

With enforcing IA policies, I'd ensure that all agents are acting cordial, respecting others, and following the handbook. The handbook outlines our operating methods for the department as well as expectations. We are the law enforcement of the site to a degree, and are expected to follow our own laws. If we cannot follow those, how can we expect others to follow laws Ethics has set for them? During the test and initial orientation that agents receive, they are expected to familiarize themselves with all appropriate standards and documentation - which brings me to the next section of why I'd like to become an Internal Affairs Ambassador.

While an Ambassador, I'd be expected to hand out tests to agents. After the test is taken, sometimes, agents are just allowed to go on their merry way and ask questions as their experience continues. I'd like to emphasize the initial experience an agent has by "showing them the ropes", or rather putting a little more emphasis on it. As an example, I'd take a new agent and do a walk around for a very short while showing them what they can look into, what they should avoid, what they should check (such as if there are 2 agents in D block already before entering), and etc. This emphasized orientation could greatly help bring our numbers of job bans and warns down even more. As I've previously stated, I'm a firm believer in education. Everyone has the capability to be a good agent. It is our duty to mold them, and to become a department that is revered by everyone.

With putting these leadership styles and methods into play, I truly believe that I can make a significant contribution to the department. Ever since I've started playing Internal Affairs I feel like I've been able to truly help everyone out, not just our comrades in the blue dress shirts. Not everything needs an arrest, and not every arrest needs to end with solitary and no words spoken, and not every warning to an agent who has done wrong needs to end with them feeling down. Sometimes all someone needs is a little push and they're where you want them to be. I'm going to be that little push.

What makes you suitable for Internal Affairs Ambassador?:
What makes me suitable for Internal Affairs Ambassador is my leadership history, my drive to help others, and my ability to form creative solutions. The bullet does not end there, though, and you'll be surprised with how resourceful I can be.

My leadership history is very extensive. I've managed multiple communities in the past including being a former Platform Manager for a Steam Game of which I will not mention. During these leadership positions, I was someone who was personable, honest, and very down to earth. I cared for all of my subordinates and did my best to understand them when they struggled most. I was very active amongst these communities as I am here, and people knew that they could go to me for anything - even if they're having a hard time with something unrelated to my authority over them. As a wise man once said, "A good leader is not the person who does great things, but gets the people to do great things". I take that to heart, and strive to make those around me thrive in their positions - no matter what position it be. Various methods were employed to help those under me in the past be on the same page including hosting bi-weekly meetings where questions could be asked, having an open line of communication at all times, and having conversations over voice that way no tone is misconstrued and again, we're all on the same page. As a leader you'll find that while I'm laid back, I can run a tight ship while still remaining that perfect amount of personable. Someone you would love to play games with but also someone you know can be serious when they need to be.

My drive to help others is what makes me who I am. Even in real life, I've taken trauma first aid courses, active shooter response courses, etc. Helping people is built into my moral center. It's who I am. This would extend to this role of Internal Affairs Ambassador. As mentioned above, I'd take pride and enjoyment in giving new agents their test, helping reform policy to accelerate our department to the top in terms of satisfaction and professionalism, and simply mentoring others. I have an assortment of ideas for the department to make us more unique, enjoyable, and give agents more tasks of which I've relayed to Harold.

Forming creative solutions to problems or areas of the department that could use improvement is a vital trait that Ambassadors and higher must possess. These creative solutions should aim to target many objectives including but not limited to increasing department satisfaction, helping agents better interpret the COC, COE, and Legal Codex, as well as their own policies; and increasing department retention. During my time as an agent, I've voiced various ideas to both Harold and Lunaro including the development of new divisions/regiments for IA, ways to ease people's understanding of the handbook, and even relaying common problems I face as an agent so that we together can find a solution so that no one else has to go through these same common problems. These solutions being put into play will only strengthen the department and, in turn, its members. As I mentiond earlier, "A good leader is not the person who does great things, but gets the people to do great things". By coming up with creative solutions and establishing a clear line of communication with everybody, this echoes that quote.

How many documents have you written? What makes a document good?:
I have written multiple documents within my time in both Internal Affairs and the Research Department. Just recently, I've actually began reformatting my arrest reports to be more well established, readable, and of great quality.

What makes a document good? Well, a document is made great by having enough information that the reader can physically picture what went on in their mind. The document should furthermore be descriptive, legible (which means proper grammar), formatted neatly, and immersive. There should be no questions left by the time the person is done reading. If your reader has no questions, you've done your job correctly.

As an example, my arrest report has the following information:
  • Offender's Name
  • Date & Time of Arrest
  • Whether or not the subject was cooperative (Yes/No Question)
  • Whether or not the subject was armed (Yes/No Question)
  • Whether or not the subject was evasive (Yes/No Question)
  • Incident Narrative
  • Acknowledgement of Accuracy

I've reformatted my document in such a way that the reader will know exactly what happened, how it happened, and such. As an Internal Affairs Ambassador, that is one area I have noticed is lacking. I would further assist agents in creating great quality documents.

What are the responsibilities of the Internal Affairs Ambassador in RP?:
The responsibilities of an Internal Affairs Ambassador include but are not limited to:
  1. Mentoring agents on policy as well as handing out tests for those wishing to become an agent.
  2. Conducting more official and sensitive investigations, as well as leading well established investigations.
  3. Doing radio checks, ensuring all agents are on the proper frequency.
  4. Relaying feedback to agents on things they did good or things they did wrong.
  5. Handing out punishments for IA Handbook, Legal Codex, Code of Conduct, or Code of Ethics violations by Internal Affairs Agents.
  6. Codeword checking agents, and making sure agents know the codeword responses.
  7. Manning Checkpoint Charlie, closing bulkheads, and ensuring the safety of non-combatants during site breaches or other emergency events.

Please give some lore about your Internal Affairs Ambassador character and what storylines they would be involved in:
1995:
James Kato was born on July 2nd, 1995 in the city of Bethesda, Maryland. While growing up, James took a strong interest in criminal justice. His favorite shows including Law & Order, as well as NCIS. He was always described as someone who had a creative vision for everything, and a strong desire to be someone bigger than himself.

2013: James graduates Bethesda High School as class Valedictorian. He then attends the US Service Academy at West Point under a full scholarship for Criminal Justice. During his time there, he got the opportunity to shadow the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, a privilege he obtained by winning an essay contest.

2017: James graduates West Point and is commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the US Army JAG Corps. The JAG Corps is the "law firm" of the United States Army and focuses on representing army officials in courtroom settings, as well as providing legal advice to senior army officials. James's career in the beginning was extremely slow, but was just about to ramp up.

2022: During James's short time in the JAG corps, he took on an unsuspecting case. Brigadier General Musgrove was being tried with murder after an email sent to the Chinese Army's Chief of Staff was found to be the cause of his death. Much of the information was sealed, but since James was on the defense, he was privy to it. It was found that SCP-7528, prior to its containment, hopped into a PDF file of policies the US Army was establishing to increase relations with the People's Liberation Army of China. It is unknown how SCP-7528 went into the file, but it must've been after James uploaded it as an attachment.

James was approached by Mobile Task Force Kappa-10 ("Skynet") and Mobile Task Force Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") where he was offered a position in the Foundation's Internal Affairs Department, so long as he completes his JAG assignment and assists with the anomaly investigation. Both Mobile Task Forces were quite impressed that James was not only able to unveil a false narrative against a high ranking Army official, but uncover an anomaly at that. James had significant trouble sleeping after finding out about the anomaly, and the fact that he was now under the watchful eye of two Mobile Task Forces. One word, and he's done for. Why didn't they just use amnestics on him? They saw the value. Later on, James uncovered that he downloaded a mandated update from a person in his IT department prior to sending the email and relayed such information to both Mobile Task Forces. His JAG case was complete. MTF Iota-10 assisted James with clearing the Brigadier General's name, and James was brought to an undisclosed location where his new career started. During his orientation, he was instructed to drink a rather weird smelling concoction and he forgot all about Kappa-10 and Iota-10, as well as SCP-7528 - but he did not forget about how he won the JAG case - as fuzzy as that is, and won an employment contract with this new place called the SCP Foundation.

"Blackout"

Jul 28, 2023
+Support

James' roleplay has been stellar the entire time I've seen him on the server. His dedication to the server and knowledge of the day to day operations of the foundation is stellar and would have no doubt he'd be excellent at Ambassador.

Reactions: "Recker"

ZEEK

Apr 9, 2023
+ Support

I have seen you on IA Agent and let me say that I reckon you will make a great IA Ambassador for the server with being both a very active man on the server and being able to be a great leader for the Internal Affairs

Fidel

Jan 9, 2023
Taco land
+ Support!
I really see you as a solid, well-rounded, IA out there. I would like to see you start your journey towards Sr.Positions with this great step towards more important duties.

Harold Hawks

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
MvM6HTA.png

Application Accepted

Agent Kato,

I am happy to say that your application was approved. Your work on IA has not gone unnoticed and your professionalism yet positive attitude is always welcome. Contact me either ingame or over discord for your training.

H.H. ?

• Love
Reactions: "Recker" and Dalton
Status
Not open for further replies.