For how long have you played on CG SCP: 3-4 months
In what country are you located?: Canada
Time zone: EST
Character name(s): John Schneider
Civilian name: Henry Homerun
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: SCP-096, Executive Researcher and Ethics Committee Assistant (All holding)
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: The one warn I had is expired
-
Why are you applying for Director of Research?: The research dept. is special to me, as it's the department that I have the most time and experience in. I believe that the only way for me to further and better myself in the research department is to become the Director of Research. Not only that, but I enjoy assisting others and I think that elevating my status within research will only further that for me.
-
What makes you suitable for Director of Research?: I believe I am perfectly fit to be the next deputy director of research for a variety of reasons. The first being that I am extremely proficient in all things research. The majority of my time on the server has been spent in the research department. On top of this, I've honed my time as an executive as well as ECA and understand the qualifications and level of professionalism that is needed to be in a Sr. CL4 position. I am also very friendly and approachable, meaning people wouldn't hesitate to ask me any questions. On top of everything, I am extremely active within the server and would be able to dedicate significant amounts of time to being active within the role.
-
What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?: Ensuring that the research department is functioning properly and without any hiccups is a given. Making your presence known and being on site to assist any researcher with any questions, ideas or tests is crucial for the efficiency and productivity of not only the department, but of the site. On top of that, being the director means that there is enhanced authority regarding cross-tests and sampling. This means that the director must review documents extensively and ensure that everything is up to, or even beyond the standards required. Working with site command and site administration to revisit, revise and add new policies within the department is also an extremely crucial job. Ensuring that these rules and polices follow both the CoE and the CoC is beyond important, and the utmost precision and care must take place during these discussions. On top of everything else, even when you aren't in game, you still have responsibilities. Answering emails (Mainly discord messages) is important as it ensures that research doesn't grind to a halt while you are away from the site. Running the bi-weekly executive meetings is another priority, as it allows you to see the status of the department as well as the activity with all the involved parties. One of the most important, if not THE most important is attending to executive researcher applications. This allows the department to continue growing. Should an executive be accepted, it is the directors role to provide on-boarding training to the new executive to ensure there is a smooth transition.
-
Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Dr. John Schneider is a renowned Director of Reserch within the secretive SCP Foundation. Born on June 15, 1975, in [REDACTED], his fascination with the unknown and unexplained began at an early age. Growing up in a family of scientists and archaeologists, Schneider was exposed to the wonders of discovery from an early age. His parents, both esteemed archaeologists, encouraged his curiosity and nurtured his desire to uncover hidden truths.

Schneider's academic journey was marked by excellence. He graduated with honors in theoretical physics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) at the age of 22, having already published several groundbreaking papers in the field of quantum mechanics. It was during his time at MIT that he first caught the attention of the SCP Foundation.

The Foundation, always on the lookout for individuals with unique talents, recruited Schneider as a Junior Researcher shortly after his graduation due to his advanced understanding of physics, biology and more. His exceptional intellect and his ability to think outside the box quickly set him apart from his peers. He was assigned to Site-[REDACTED], one of the Foundation's most active containment facilities, and promoted to an Executive Researcher.

Following his promotion, Schneider's presence only grew within the site. He was seen assisting countless researchers with their studies, performing astonishing and mind boggling new tests and working diligently within the sites laboratory with his peers in the Chemical Research Board. It was at the retirement of the former deputy director of research that John was nominated for the role. After much deliberation he was given the position and he has never looked back, only solidifying how crucial he is the facility, as well as the foundation as a whole.

Despite his many accomplishments, Schneider remains a humble and dedicated researcher. He has authored numerous scientific papers under various false identities, concealing his true identity to protect his work and the secrecy of the Foundation. His dedication to the mission of the SCP Foundation is unwavering, and he has become a mentor to many junior researchers, sharing his knowledge and guiding them in their pursuit of understanding the anomalous.

Outside of his research, Dr. John Schneider is known for his insatiable curiosity and his love for the game of baseball, often spending his rare moments of leisure running the site intramural slow-pitch softball league. He is also an avid collector of watches and Toronto Maple Leafs memorabilia.

John Schneider

Sep 25, 2023
-support
too new to executive
I’ve been exec for around a month now. I’ve worked on projects for SC, assisted countless researchers, performed numerous advanced and thought provoking tests and more. I may be somewhat new but I feel that I have the experience to truly understand and do what the DoR has to.

Lunaro

Oct 23, 2022
To: John Schneider
CC:
Site.Administration.cc@scp.fnd.ca
Subject: Application Verdict

ejFvGTo.png

| APPLICATION STATUS: Denied |
Greetings John,

Thank you for having the interest & taking the time to apply for the Director of Research. This message is to inform you that your application for the position has been unfortunately denied. After much deliberation, Site Administration has decided to deny your application.

If you would like to discuss manners further, you may reach out to me over email (Discord: bumblebees_).

You may reapply in 2 weeks after this message is posted.

Kind regards,
Site Director “Lunaro”

Status
Not open for further replies.