[US] Lunaro's 2nd Deputy Director of Research Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunaro

Oct 23, 2022

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:166998371
Discord name: Bees#4431
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 540 hours (spanning over 4-5 months)
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: Central Time (CST)
Character name(s): "Lunaro" Nuovo
Civilian name: - "Solstice"
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?:
Yes, I do have a mic!

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
As of writing, the only whitelisted position I have is the Executive Researcher role.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?
I have not received any kicks/bans/warnings as of writing.

Why are you applying for Director of Research?
I am applying for Deputy Director of Research because over the course of my time as Executive Research, I believe I can lead the Research Department, and help fulfill the vision of our current Director of Research, John Iceland. Since former DoR Randal has been promoted to a new role, I wish to maintain the good state of the department, and ensure that all operations of the Research Department flow smoothly, and that all Researchers within the department are informed of our departmental and site-wide policies, and ensure that the department is in a healthy state, from the Executive team to the Jr. Researchers.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?
I believe I am suitable for Deputy Director of Research because I have been involved with many processes that define the roles of a Deputy Director of Researcher. I have an extensive period as Executive (being in this role for 3+ months as of writing), and am dedicated to the Executive Researcher role. Some things I have done that make me suitable for the Deputy DoR are as follows:
  • Providing input on site-wide and departmental documents that impacts how the Research Department operates internally.
  • Providing input on Executive Researcher applications, and assisting new Executives that are adjusting to their role as Executive Researcher.
  • Authorizing cross-tests from Research personnel, or providing input to ensure that cross-tests are performed safely, effectively, and efficiently.
  • Being a presence for the department to reach out to me with questions, test authorizations (whether that's authorizing a test myself, or giving Researchers a plan to get their test authorized by higher-ups).
  • Being present off-site with other Executives and Board of Education members in regards to research, or general items through e-mail.
  • Being VP for the Board of Education, which aims to equip the Research department with key knowledge about testing procedures, policies, and other components of the Research department.
  • Being a friendly member of the Foundation by speaking with other department members about general items, their input on conduct to maintain good relations between the Research department and other departments, and more.
What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?
The responsibilities for the Deputy Director of Research includes, but is not limited to 2 main areas:

ADMINISTRATIVE WORK
  • Preparing documents with other key Foundation members that impact the overall flow of the Research Department, or providing input on said documents.
  • Seeking potential Executive Researchers, as well as accepting/denying applications that are submitted by Research personnel.
  • Meet with current Executive Researchers weekly for weekly updates, their thoughts on the status of the department, and ways to better the department.
  • Maintaining relevant documentation with up-to-date information (such as rosters).
  • Scheduling meetings with personnel in regards to policies, check-ins, and more.
  • The Deputy DoR will be in open communication with Site Administration & Site Command, and listens to input/directives given by these two groups so the Department operates smoothly.
RESEARCH
  • Increased ability to authorize Euclid → Euclid & Safe → Keter testing, or course correcting Researchers' testing ideas to be conducted safely if deemed a reasonable test. If a cross-test needs authorization from Site Administration or Site Command, the Deputy DoR is responsible for reviewing/screening the cross-test before it reaches the desks of higher command.
  • Authorize sample collections of SCP-008-2, or other collections that require CL4+ authorization.
  • Acting as Director of Research, should the actual Director of Research be off-site.
  • Ensure that Researchers are following established policies while testing.
  • Be present on-site with Researchers so they can reach out to the Deputy D.o.R about any questions they may have.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Fetching file name: "Lore: Lunaro"
File found - click here.

• Love
Reactions: Jinngle

Crow Kalashnikov

Oct 2, 2022
+Support, Has been with the Department Ever since Swanson was in charge along with me and A.R.A., Only reason they didn't get this role earlier were things got in the way of them applying beforehand. I cannot state enough How much I believe that this person is the Best candidate for this position.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Lunaro and Rowling

b00barian

Feb 6, 2023
+support great member of the research department, helped myself and other new researchers so def a deserving candidate

• Love
Reactions: Lunaro

Kiryu

Dec 23, 2022
Detroit, Michigan
+support
Lunaro has been the best teacher for me. All the things I know and have used to help further my career in the research department are because of them. I think they would make a fantastic leader for the department as a whole!

• Love

La Femme Rosé

Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Artist Team
May 9, 2022
SCP Foundation.png

RAISA
Records and Information Security Administration

From the Office of ████████

Regarding Research Director Applicant - Lunaro
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Application Accepted
Thank you for taking the time to apply for the position of Site-56's Research Director

After much deliberation, your application has been accepted. Please contact Site-56's RAISA office and receive your new credentials.​

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.