[US] Lunaro's Executive Researcher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunaro

Oct 23, 2022
Steam ID: 76561198294262470
Discord name: Bees#4431
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Roughly 1 month (4 days, 19h according to Vtime)
In what country are you located?: United States
Time zone: Central (CT/CST)
Character name(s): “Lunaro” Nuovo
Civilian name: Solstice
What server are you applying for? SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?
Yes, I do have a mic for communications.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
I do not have any whitelisted, or other listed roles.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?
I have not received any kicks/bans/warnings.

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
I am applying for the Executive Researcher position because I believe that I can lead and/or assist in larger research projects that take place within the SCP Facility with the attention to detail + overall excellence that is required for this role. I am also applying because I have successfully been able to guide other not-so seasoned researchers in formatting their papers, overseeing testing, giving direction on testing authorizations (if I know this information), and more!

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?
I am someone who:

• Is approachable by my fellow researchers
  • able to lead projects in adherence to CoE guidelines to ensure the safety of all participants
  • ask questions as it relates to research (ex. Ask about authorization, brainstorm, etc.)
  • Establishes future work on the many SCPs that exist within the Facility
  • Guide Jr. Researchers + Researchers on writing papers; formatting, results, and more

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
To date, I have written 10 excellent-graded documents.

There are many factors that make a document excellent - formatting, results, descriptive language, and more.

Formatting documents helps keep a consistent system that aids SCP Facility personnel in quickly accessing various parts of a document. Formatting also includes grammatical fixes, all of which contribute to an excellent document - while some can certainly submit documents with amazing discoveries, the formatting of their documents can really damper their overall work. Having a clear, detailed goal, and method, with some general background on the SCP (+ what is not entirely known about it), will always stick out to me in a positive light. Following the Excellent Format Guidelines, the following is needed:
  • An Index to provide ease-of-access for all contents in a document.
  • SCP Information to give background on the SCP(s) in question, and to also highlight what is not known well about the SCP being studied.
  • The Goal of the study to provide a motive as to why this study is being conducted, and how it benefits the Foundation (i.e. more knowledge about a specific SCP, or more practical benefits).
  • A methods/methodology section to explain in detail what and who are needed for the study, and steps that’ll be taken to ensure the success of the study.
  • The participants involved (including Medical and Security personnel) that helped make the test a success.
  • The hypothesis that the Researcher has regarding the outcome of their study.
  • The Results/Findings of the study, highlighting what was discovered, what was said that is note-worthy, and overall providing evidence to support/oppose the hypothesis.
  • Finally, the Conclusion, which elaborates on what was discovered, if the hypothesis was proven to be true or false, and more.

These items below are optional, but something I like to include to continue paving the way for Research:
  • A cover page that displays the test name, including the Logo of the SCP Foundation
  • A page for Authorization so that anyone that needs to authorize a test can easily access that page. I typically add this after the Index page.
  • A page dedicated to Future Work to establish that more work will be conducted in regards to an SCP, whether that be further investigation/interviews, or cross-testing to test the limits of SCP entities.
  • A reference page to show where I received all my information from (general knowledge, pictures, etc. go here)
Results are, to me, incredibly important in writing an excellent document as well - the discoveries that are made on all experiments are note-worthy, and should be considered! There have been documents, I’ve seen, that may not follow the exact format that is given to Researchers, yet contain profound discoveries that ultimately help grow the Facilities’ understanding of the various SCPs that are contained within the Foundation. On a personal note, I ensure that tests are done in (at least sometimes) duplicate to ensure + validate initial results obtained - this will clear any “one-off” discoveries made, and has seemingly worked every time when I conduct studies.
Finally, descriptive language is another key part of what I believe make an excellent-graded document - when reading a document, I like to really feel the enthusiasm behind the writing (without it becoming TOO overbearing)! I believe that ensuring that the documents researchers write are not so dull helps engage readers more with the numerous studies that are conducted.

All of these factors come together to produce an excellent document. To me, these are inseparable, even.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?

The responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP encompass a number of things, but are leadership, initiative, and research. In leadership, Executive Researchers lead the projects they are interested in pursuing, or are tasked to do; thus having a clear goal, method prior to experimentation are key to this role. In addition, Executive Researchers lead/guide other Researchers in their studies; authorizing, giving input/directive, overseeing experiments, and more, are a few of the responsibilities this role has. In addition, Executive Researchers take initiative to research, or deal with other issues in their areas (workplace issues/conflict, and so on), with or without the support of others. They pave the way for more work to be done!

Ultimately, this all ties into research; as executives, they pave the foundation for new, ground-breaking, research to be conducted, or delegate others to conduct the studies.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

PART OF AN INTERVIEW SESSION
SUBJECT: “LUNARO”

Interviewer: “So, how did you…get to where you are now?”

Lunaro: “The dream began in high school in a little city - a teacher, in his elder years, simply spoke of his experiences of working in science prior to teaching. I became fascinated with this; however, I’d catch this teacher mumbling something called “Foundation.” I inquired, and learned (as much as he was willing to talk to me about) about this Facility. From this, I went to study in university to grow my knowledge in science. The thought of the SCP Foundation was always in the back of my mind, though I never fully realised it. I went into college to study the chemical compositions of the materials we use on a daily basis; something that always stuck out to me were acids, corrosive materials. I don’t know why…maybe because they can literally “melt” things like it was never there in the first place? I wonder how my science teacher is doing…”

Interviewer: “...Are you good?”

Lunaro: “Yeah! Sorry…lost my train of thought. After a few twists and turns, and a few name changes, I landed up within the SCP Foundation, working as a Jr. Researcher; hopeful, but no idea how things truly operated. As a “green” researcher, I trekked carefully over procedures, making sure everyone came out of my beginning tests alive. Over time, my focus of study grew into various inanimate objects, and a few sentient beings: for some reason, there was one SCP that always caught my attention - I knew about it’s existence, but didn’t really know what it was. Dangerous, yet fascinating... "

Lunaro is seen to be daydreaming for a few moments...

"To this day, I work with various researchers in the Facility, ensuring I do my part to yield success in studies. These studies do impact my workflow though; the occasional melt-down does happen time to time, and thus causes me to take a step back; why does my mind do this? I like when the orange blob comes - that little thing INSTANTLY gives me a serotonin boost, and it’s like I forget my problems for a split second…Anyways, I think there are a number of things I hope to discover within myself as I continue to work within this facility and elevate.”

Interviewer: “Alright...Thank you for your time.”

Last edited:
Reactions: A.R.A.

Dommynation

Jul 9, 2022
+Support

+Application is fucking
phenomenal
+Only had positive interactions with the lad
+Does excellent research and documentation
+Obviously has a very bright future ahead of him

CatWithAGunXIV

Sep 8, 2022
+Support

+Never had a single negative interaction
+Clearly knows his shit on Research
+Whenever Looking at his documents I always though they were Excellent grade rating
+Very active (Most of the time)
+Knows his Stuff when also Roleplaying
+Never seen him angry once, always very calm

Criticisms:
Only thing I got is that the Application is a bit hard to read, some sections were hard to find

He is well Suited for the job!

Discord: CatWithAGunXIV#4938

Current Characters | Current Whitelist
  • Executive "Cat"

• Ethic's Assistant "Cat"

• CGTIV Adam "Dog" Rebellion

Contact me for any questions that you have.

Lunaro

Oct 23, 2022
+Support

+Never had a single negative interaction
+Clearly knows his shit on Research
+Whenever Looking at his documents I always though they were Excellent grade rating
+Very active (Most of the time)
+Knows his Stuff when also Roleplaying
+Never seen him angry once, always very calm

Criticisms:
Only thing I got is that the Application is a bit hard to read, some sections were hard to find

He is well Suited for the job!

Discord: CatWithAGunXIV#4938

Current Characters | Current Whitelist
  • Executive "Cat"

• Ethic's Assistant "Cat"

• CGTIV Adam "Dog" Rebellion

Contact me for any questions that you have.

Updated my application to differentiate between questions + answers :) thanks for the input!

Sage Wyatt

Aug 27, 2022
washington
Easy +Support
Mature
Active
his work is amazing
good guy talk to
- I can see him being a great leader for research team

A.R.A.

Sep 30, 2022
Site-56
+Support
+Amazing researcher
+Incredibly professional
+Consistent excellent documents, remarkable writing abilities
+Very dedicated to the research department

May 9, 2022
logo.png

From the office of ████████
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Application Accepted
Thank you for taking the time to apply for Executive Researcher. This position is meant to serve as a leading body for Site-56's Department of Research, and after consideration, you have been deemed suitable for this position. Please contact Site-56's Records and Information Security Administration office (staff) for your employment credentials (whitelist). Congratulations, Executive Researcher Lunaro.

- ██-█​

Status
Not open for further replies.