Time zone: Eastern Time (-4 UTC)
Character name(s): Maxwell "Arcturus" Shepherd
Civilian name: Victor Krauss
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

Executive Researcher (One Month)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:

None, and still have no intentions on receiving any.

What makes you the best candidate for Ethics Committee Assistant?:

With this past month as an Executive Researcher, I have obtained knowledge on how to properly enforce the Conduct and Ethics Codes, and the importance of offering guidance to those who need it within the Research Department. Referring to my Executive Application, I believe that protocols and standards should be followed precisely to ensure the safety of all personnel around the site, to which I have been providing guidance as my role as an Executive Researcher. My activity on Executive has been very helpful for all Research Division Members that are new, offering them advice and giving them examples on what and what not to do regarding procedures on testing, documentation formatting, conduct and ethical code information and authorization of extremely interesting test ideas that were deemed fruitful in results in several cases. As of this past two weeks, my work in the Executive field has been more leaning towards the Administrative side of things, issuing out lectures and/or disciplinary action towards violations against the CoC/CoE.

What are the responsibilities of Ethics Committee Assistants in RP?:

ECA's are responsible for the enforcement of the Ethical Codes, while observing the activity of the Site in a discreet manner. If violations are found by an ECA while observing, they are to deal with the infraction of the CoE in a very professional manner, and ensure that the offender in question understands what they did wrong and guide them into the right direction. If an ECA is the highest ranking official on site during a Code 5, they are also responsible for the coordination of the entire site to ensure the safety of all personnel. In worst case scenarios, ECA's are allowed to authorize the use of the AA for MTF Units only. Upon the request of the Ethics Committee, Assistants will actively carry out specific tasks as requested in an efficient and timely manner.

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee Assistant character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Shortly after his transfer to Site-65 from Site-13, Maxwell Shepherd was taken under the wing of a Senior Researcher working at the Site for quite some time. After some time, Maxwell received several promotions in quick succession for his overall support and dedication to the Foundation and his work at Site-65. One day, he was offered a position on the Executive Researcher Team after an evaluation report and interview by the Director of Research at the time. Maxwell graciously accepted the position and continued to dedicate his work for the research department.

Taking his experience from Site-13 and the protocols to heart, Maxwell became known for working closely with Internal Affairs with cracking down on conduct and Ethical violations on site, along with conducting and supervising very critical tests. As the days went by, more members of the Research Division began coming forward to Maxwell on advice and various test petitions.

One early morning, a mass breach occurred while all other Site Command members were off site with Maxwell taking the initiative to coordinate the breach. Maxwell worked with personnel on site to restore power to several key systems within the facility, along with the containment of one SCP. During the course of the breach, Maxwell witnessed several violations against the code of conduct and took note of them. Several hours after this incident, additional personnel arrived on site and took over the situation, successfully ending the situation. With the coordination of the site during the breach a minor success, Maxwell felt as if his expertise could benefit the foundation in other ways. Maxwell wrote a letter to the Ethics Committee requesting a department transfer in an attempt to help assist pointing Foundation Personnel in the right direction regarding regulations.

Dear Members of the Ethics Committee,

I hope the Committee is doing well, and may this letter arrive to you at a good time. I am writing to you today in the hopes that I can provide further assistance to both you and and Foundation as a whole regarding a division transfer as an Assistant for the Committee. I have worked in the Research Department for quite some time now, and have assisted with many things in my time here at Site-65 for the Committee and Site Administration. After some contemplation and reflection, I have decided that it may be in my best interest for both the Foundation and myself to make a division transfer request.

I have had the opportunity to work along side some of the brightest and talented individuals within Site-65, and is considered a great honor to do so. However, upon some self reflection, I realize that my skills would be more beneficial and aligned towards the Ethics Committee. This transfer would allow me to further pursuit my ambition to assist with the Foundation by guiding Site-65's personnel in the right direction. I am confident that my expertise will be a beneficial asset to your team and the goals the Ethics Committee wish to achieve. Furthermore, I believe that this transfer will allow me to broaden my knowledge on Site Operations and Protocols and collaborate on a more broadened list of departments. I would like to reiterate that this transfer request is not due to any dissatisfaction of the Research Department, and am only requesting a transfer to where I believe I can assist the foundation on a more efficient manner.

I hope that the Ethics Committee will consider my transfer request and evaluate it based on the needs, my qualifications, and the potential contributions I can make in the Committee. Thank you for your time and attention to my request. I am more than willing to provide any additional information if required and take any necessary procedures to conduct a smooth transition.

Yours,

Executive Researcher Maxwell "Arcturus" Shepherd

Gure

Donator
Apr 4, 2023
WA, Australia
+support
very good executive researcher
nice to everyone, only had good interactions
will suit the job too well

(●'◡'●)

Scootin

May 30, 2023
+Massive Support
+ An amazing executive reasearcher
+ Always active on server
+ Only positive interactions with myself and others
+ High quality application

In short, Maxwell would be an amazing assistant.

Puffer Flake

Mar 9, 2023
+ support
shittest roleplayer on the server, has no life and his voice sounds like dropping a brick off a building 200 time per second, make dogass documents then i never read so there terrible by default because the world revolves around me, a problematic british 13 year old that does nothing but sip tea all day and play roblox like a childish cunt. good luck on getting the role!

Randalls

Oct 26, 2022
Incoming Message From: Ethics Committee Chairman Randal Murphy

==========================================================================================================
Трибунал.png

==========================================================================================================

Greetings, Maxwell.

In regards to your application for
ETHICS COMMITTEE ASSISTANT, after Committee Vote; your application has been accepted.

Please contact the Chairman at his email address for questions. (asomeJFK#7561)

You man contact RAISA (staff) for your credentials. For further information check your email for your new handbook. (ECA discord channel)

Status
Not open for further replies.