In what country are you located?: US

Time zone: CDT

Character name(s): Thorn

Civilian name: Serp

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA

Do you have a mic?:

- yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

- Exec researcher, MTF E-11, Overseer Assistant, Site Advisor, Holding Site Manager, Holding Trial Game Master

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:

- Long time ago received some warns never been banned

What O5 role are you applying for, and why (give the specific O5 number):

- I’m applying for the position of O5-4 because I have an extensive history of high level work within site-65 Throughout my time, I have had the privilege of collaborating closely with the O5 Council, particularly with “The Tempest”. As an assistant, I yearned for the opportunity to work even closer with the esteemed O5 members, as I greatly admire their leadership,hard work, and effectiveness.

Since becoming a Site Advisor and later a Site Manager, I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience of facilitating roleplay and creating immersive scenarios for my fellow foundation personnel. I firmly believe that as an O5 member, I could contribute even more to the development and execution of captivating roleplay events,scenarios and overall rp health.

My dedication to the Foundation's mission, combined with my understanding of site operations and my passion for cultivating engaging RP scenarios, make me well-suited for the responsibilities of an O5 Council member. I am eager to bring my skills and creativity to the table, fostering a rich RP environment that will captivate personnel and enhance their experience within the SCP Foundation.

What makes you the best candidate for the O5 Council?:

- since I have so much experience as an overseer assistant, I have a good idea of the tasks and responsibilities of a proper O-5 member. My experience as an executive researcher proves my ability with documentation and RP. I also have experience as a site admin, so I am well-suited for a RP leadership position.

However, what truly makes me the best candidate is my genuine care and passion for the server. I dedicate nearly all my free time to the server, constantly working on ways to improve RP. I deeply care about the server and all the people who engage in RP on it. My goal is to enhance the server to the best of my abilities, creating a safe and engaging experience for everyone involved

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council in RP?:

- Creating and Leading RP Scenarios

- Making sure each department is operating as best as it can

- Maintaining site stability during dangerous situations such as extreme breaches and riots

- Representing the gold standard of rp to other players by engaging with fellow players in interesting and compelling ways

What are the responsibilities of the O5 Council out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):

O5 Take care of

- Site Director Applications

- Overseer Assistant applications

- A1 Commanders (Final say by Chief Overseer)

Please give some lore about your O5 character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Birth Name: Jonathan Alexander Thornley

Known as: Thorn

Race: Caucasian

Birthplace: Mobile, Alabama ,USA

Birthdate: 9/14/ ████

===============================Transmission Incoming===================================

Thorn: “Is this thing on?”

--------: “Is the Light on?”

Thorn: “Oh! Yes sorry”

-------(1):“Please state your name and Job title.”

Thorn: “My name is Jonathan Alexander Thornley I am a Biochemistry Professor at ---------- University”

---- (1):” What position are you applying for?”

Thorn: “I am applying for Jr. Researcher in the Governments Special Research Division.”

------ (1): “His experience is way above our requirements for Site- ██.”

------ (2): “Ya I think he would make a great fit for our Research Department”

------ (1): “You are to be accepted for the Jr. Research Program.”

Thorn: “That Sounds great I can start as soon as possible.”

Starting out as a junior researcher, Jonathan Thornley, otherwise known as "Thorn" by fellow staff members, was bewildered and excited by all the amazing things in the SCP Foundation. He spent most of his time with one SCP at Site-██, designated SCP-2845, otherwise known as "The Deer" due to its strange biological structure and appearance.

Many of his tests included sampling the SCP and testing it with other organic tissue from other organisms. After many failed attempts to create a new chemical from The Deer's tissue, he made a breakthrough and created a chemical that, when poured onto living tissue, turns it into wood while retaining its physical properties, such as the ability to stretch like skin and be damaged.

One day, while going to conduct a test with SCP-2854, a Code 1 alarm went off in the facility. Engulfed in his test, Thorn decided to proceed. He intended to pour a vial of the wood transformation serum onto SCP-2854 to see if it would turn into wood. Right as he opened the jug to pour it, a Chaos Insurgency (CI) operative hacked into the room and pointed a gun at Thorn.

Startled, Thorn stepped back and accidentally spilled the serum all over himself. The serum took effect, causing Thorn's entire biological structure to change and transform into a wood-creature hybrid. The CI operative left with SCP-2854, while Thorn remained on the floor, screaming in agony from the transformation.

Months later, a group of MTF-████ discovered Thorn still on the ground at the site, unable to move due to the pain. Thinking he was a new anomaly, they attempted to use containment beams on him, but they didn't work. Thorn managed to show them his ID card, and they called a medical team to retrieve him.

After being in a coma for a month and undergoing two months of physical therapy, Thorn returned to research but was now required to have MTF personnel with him at all times due to his anomalous appearance. As Thorn walked around the facility, his fellow research staff looked at him with fear in their eyes. With time, Thorn was promoted to Researcher and decided it was time to transfer to a new site.

--------------------------------3 years later--------------------------------------

After being a Senior Researcher at Site-56 for two years, Thorn was promoted to Executive Researcher. Thrilled with the promotion, he got right to work with the new SCPs he was able to interact with. Over the years, Thorn shifted away from biological research and found a passion for interviewing SCPs, helping younger researchers, and fellow staff.

One day, while taking a day off to conduct an interview for his SCP's history book, Thorn visited SCP-079, known as "The Computer." During the interview, SCP-079 mentioned something about Thorn's appearance, but Thorn ignored it. Upset, SCP-079 made a comment about Thorn's potential demise if it revealed something funny.

Thorn, asserting his position as an Executive Researcher, dismissed SCP-079's remark, claiming that there wasn't much they hadn't told him or he didn't have access to. However, SCP-079's screen displayed a smile, and it mentioned a being of immense power known as "The Scarlet King."

As Thorn was about to inquire further, an MTF-A1 operative barged into the room and kidnapped him. Thorn was unblindfolded and surprised to see O5-1, one of the highest-ranking members of the SCP Foundation, right in front of him. Thorn asked why O5-1 was there, and he responded that Thorn had heard something he shouldn't have and would be receiving amnestics.

However, despite multiple attempts to induce amnesia, Thorn's memory remained unaffected, even by Class-F amnestics. O5-1, puzzled by this, made a decision. Instead of erasing Thorn's memory, he offered Thorn a unique role as an Overseer Assistant (OA) to prevent an Executive Researcher from possessing forbidden knowledge.

Feeling he had no choice but to accept the offer to avoid being killed, Thorn was promoted to the rank of OA and began working directly for O5-1. He was assigned the task of gathering information about the Scarlet King by interviewing other SCPs. Thorn dedicated himself to this new role, along with his other OA assignments.

----------------------------------1 year later--------------------------------------

After working as an OA for a year, Thorn felt ready to move up in the ranks. He discussed his aspirations with O5-1, with whom he had worked closely. After several months, Thorn's request to become a Site Advisor was granted, and he was assigned to oversee and assist the Department of Research at a new site.

Thorn got to work right away, helping everyone on site as much as he could. After many months as a Site Advisor, Thorn was promoted to Site Manager. In this role, he was responsible for overseeing the Department of Research and the Gensec department, as well as assisting newly promoted Site Advisors.

Months later, Thorn was called into his office by O5-1. There, O5-1 informed Thorn that he would be leaving soon. Worried and curious, Thorn asked for clarification. O5-1 revealed his true form by removing a ring and slid it across the table to Thorn. He instructed Thorn to keep the ring safe and handed him the file designating it as SCP-████.

O5-1 explained that Thorn could decide whether to wear the ring or keep it safe for further study. Filled with grief over the imminent loss of his mentor, Thorn accepted the responsibility of safeguarding the ring.

--------------------------------- 2 months later------------------------------------

Having held onto the ring for quite some time, Thorn still mourned the loss of his mentor. One day, while attending a tribunal, an engineer approached Site Manager Thorn and whispered in his ear, "You have been chosen." Thorn seemed to be shot in the head immediately after.

When Thorn regained consciousness, he found himself seated in front of three dark figures. Confused about the situation, he asked where he was. The figure in the middle informed him that he was before the O5 Council. Perplexed, Thorn inquired if he had done something wrong. The figure replied that Thorn had been chosen to take the position of O5-4 and welcomed him to the Council.

Astonished and thrilled by this unexpected promotion, Thorn was about to express his gratitude when the figure interrupted and stated that Thorn would now have a codename known only to fellow O5 members. The figure declared that the person Thorn once was is now dead. Thorn thought for a moment and chose the codename "The Truth." To maintain his anonymity, he wore the ring given to him by the late O5-1, which completely changed his appearance to match his new role and codename.

From that day forward, Thorn dedicated all his time and efforts to bettering the Foundation and supporting its staff as much as he could in his role as an O5 Council member

Reactions: Harold Hawks

Harold Hawks

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
+Support

There truly is not a finer man for the position of O5. Thorn has been focused on all aspects administrative since the moment I've seen him, if anyone should take up the position it should be him. His experience in multiple aspects of site leadership has proven him to be invaluable in RP and to the server's welfare. I would love to see him in the upper echelons.

Reactions: Dalton and Thorn

Mickle

Aug 6, 2022
+Support

- Has done great as Site Manager
- Looks Funny
- "The better application"

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
+/- Support
I don't think you are completely ready for O5 at this time, while you have good experience I believe you need to prove yourself within SA a bit more as well as appearing more professional at all times.

"Peasant"

Aug 8, 2022

+Support

I enjoyed working in SA with Thorn. Thorn always went above and beyond to do his job and that’s why he was promoted to Site Manager. Thorn’s hard work is clearly paying off and I think he is ready for 05.

DoomGuy

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 4, 2021
Thorn is one of the best applicants for this position, and holds many roles that work well with 05. Good luck Thorn

Dalton

May 17, 2022
New York, USA
+ Support

Thorn would be another AMAZING applicant for O5, I have worked well with him as GM and with him being a Site Manager. Does amazing reviews from what I have seen, works well as an OA, and overall great person.

Scopes

May 2, 2022
Michigan
+Support

You have CL4 experience and you are still Site Administration. I'd say wait a tad bit due to the fact that you just recently got Site Manager but overall you're not a bad choice. Good luck!

Coral Lycensoft

Feb 27, 2023
+Support

Thorn is great, he's funny and can be serious when needs be, He's an amazing Rper, the only reason our arc ended was due to SL. But regardless, he would make a decent pick, i believe sometimes you can be a lil' too goofy. But overall you would make a fresh face to site command. We need newer faces.

-Coral Lycensoft

Prior Ethics assistant Coordinator
Prior Site Advisor
Prior Consultant

Bush von Mann

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 12, 2022
+SUPPORT

Nice application, and the best O5 name I've seen applying. I know that 56 has a history of shit O5 names, so this is a nice change.

Status
Not open for further replies.