Not open for further replies.

"Recker"

Game Master
Game Master
Donator
Nov 26, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:70404419

Discord Name: reckerxf

For how long have you played on CG SCP: Since November of 2022 (off and on).

In what country are you located?: United States

Timezone: EST

Character Name(s): "Recker", "Reck"

Civilian Name: Damon Hunt

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): US

Do you have a mic?: Yes!

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
  • Level 4
    • MTF Omega-1 Captain (Held)
    • Internal Affairs Ambassador (Holding)
    • Ethics Committee Assistant (Holding)
  • Level 3
    • MTF Nu-7 Sergeant (Held)
    • CI Beta (Held)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: 2 ERP warns, 1 FailRP warn, and 1 RDM warn.

Why are you applying for Security Captain?: I am applying for Security Captain so I may be able to contribute in terms of leadership to D-Block and General Security during the times when no Captain is available as normally when I play early in the morning Gensec does need some leadership and guidance. Aside from this, I have recently become interested in GenSec and have been playing on Officer. This interest has allowed me to think in-depth about whether or not I want to explore it, and I believe it'd be both beneficial for Gensec and myself to explore an opportunity as a Security Captain. Over the past while I've also been able to build a strong rapport with several frequents of D-Block including Captains, Officers, Guards, and even those who frequent on D-Class. I want to be the type of Captain that people are happy to see get on, not the type of Captain that people sigh out of frustration for. I think this desire in itself combined with my interest to have a challenge and persue something new makes me an optimal candidate for Security Captain.

What makes you suitable for Security Captain?: What makes me suitable for Security Captain is my availability in the early mornings when Captains are frequently not on, my experience as a level 4 in other areas of the site, and my knowledge on site policies.

As someone who frequents the server, I believe there are truly several times when I'd be able to step into the role of a Security Captain and help assume control of D-Block whether it be by organizing a sweep, ensuring Gensec are following departmental and foundation guidelines, and being a point of contact for leadership within D-Block. At the current moment I believe the department could use more Captains and as someone who wants to have more exposure to different departments, I think this opportunity could be mutually beneficial for both myself and General Security.

My experience as a level 4 in other areas of the site has allowed me to make a positively reputable name for myself. While I believe that no one is perfect, I think one of my best qualities as a leader is someone who listens and someone who is empathetic; someone who knows the difference between when to be strict and when to use mistakes that others do as teaching moments. My experience in Internal Affairs and ECA both have allowed me to use hard skills that I have acquired such as setting up and managing Google Sheets (& formulas), lectures, Google Forms, creating documents & policies, and the likes. As a Security Captain, these skills would come with me into the new position - allowing me to fully succeed in my role.

As an Internal Affairs Ambassador, you can rest assured that I am familiar with the department policies and foundation policies. As such, I will instill the best knowledge into new security personnel and hold D-Block to a high standard; assisting in removing problem areas such as shooting D-class with no warnings, improper manning of airlock/testing doors, and ensuring only the proper personnel are taking D-Class out of D-Block.

What are the responsibilities of the Security Captain in RP?:
  • Organize sweeps for D-Block.
  • Allow/disallow certain parties into D-block when necessary (i.e. Telling MTF to leave if not needed and whatnot).
  • Host lectures for Officers and Gensec interested. Lectures can be on things such as leadership or what to do when a Code 2 is called (as a refresher).
  • Assign duties to all of general security.
  • Ensure D-Class are being treated correctly.
  • Host Riot & HWL trainings for those interested.
  • Job-ban those who do not follow the Gensec and Site policies.
  • Informing all Gensec to hop on the radio.

Please give some lore about your Security Captain character and what storylines they would be involved in:

// Lore is from Ambassdor application and continued //
1995:
James Kato was born on July 2nd, 1995 in the city of Bethesda, Maryland. While growing up, James took a strong interest in criminal justice. His favorite shows including Law & Order, as well as NCIS. He was always described as someone who had a creative vision for everything, and a strong desire to be someone bigger than himself.

2013: James graduates Bethesda High School as class Valedictorian. He then attends the US Service Academy at West Point under a full scholarship for Criminal Justice. During his time there, he got the opportunity to shadow the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, a privilege he obtained by winning an essay contest.

2017: James graduates West Point and is commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the US Army JAG Corps. The JAG Corps is the "law firm" of the United States Army and focuses on representing army officials in courtroom settings, as well as providing legal advice to senior army officials. James's career in the beginning was extremely slow, but was just about to ramp up.

2022: During James's short time in the JAG corps, he took on an unsuspecting case. Brigadier General Musgrove was being tried with murder after an email sent to the Chinese Army's Chief of Staff was found to be the cause of his death. Much of the information was sealed, but since James was on the defense, he was privy to it. It was found that SCP-7528, prior to its containment, hopped into a PDF file of policies the US Army was establishing to increase relations with the People's Liberation Army of China. It is unknown how SCP-7528 went into the file, but it must've been after James uploaded it as an attachment.

James was approached by Mobile Task Force Kappa-10 ("Skynet") and Mobile Task Force Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") where he was offered a position in the Foundation's Internal Affairs Department, so long as he completes his JAG assignment and assists with the anomaly investigation. Both Mobile Task Forces were quite impressed that James was not only able to unveil a false narrative against a high ranking Army official, but uncover an anomaly at that. James had significant trouble sleeping after finding out about the anomaly, and the fact that he was now under the watchful eye of two Mobile Task Forces. One word, and he's done for. Why didn't they just use amnestics on him? They saw the value. Later on, James uncovered that he downloaded a mandated update from a person in his IT department prior to sending the email and relayed such information to both Mobile Task Forces. His JAG case was complete. MTF Iota-10 assisted James with clearing the Brigadier General's name, and James was brought to an undisclosed location where his new career started. During his orientation, he was instructed to drink a rather weird smelling concoction and he forgot all about Kappa-10 and Iota-10, as well as SCP-7528 - but he did not forget about how he won the JAG case - as fuzzy as that is, and won an employment contract with this new place called the SCP Foundation.

2023 Part 1: James eventually got Ambassador - but it quickly wore out. Day in and day out. The constant pleading to not be arrested. The constant tomfoolery that the Code of Ethics clearly goes against. The constant blatant disregard for human life. It got to him. He visited the medical bay several times a week, venting and letting out anger at the Medical Department's psychiatrists. Previous to this, he learned that one of his friends in the Foundation had passed. Unfortunately for him, grieving isn't really an option in this facility. There's bigger tasks at hand, but he simply couldn't take it. The constant work stress, and the loss of his friend made him almost lose it. Eventually, he decided to reconsider his position and step down to slow life down a bit and not worry about the little things. He was able to continue going to see the psychiatrists to deal with his loss, and eventually, got motivated to start going again. As James likes to say, "When you go down the only thing you can do is get right back up!".

2023 Part 2: James was brought back into an Ambassador position and immediately began right where he left off months prior. Starting to feel in Cloud 9 with Internal Affairs, James noticed an unfortunate recurrence of events every time shortly after he woke up. Time and time again, like clockwork, James had to defend his life as the men in orange suits sprinted out of D-Block, shanks and guns in hand. "Where in the hell do they keep coming from?" he wondered. "Where is the sweep?!" he wondered again. This time was enough. He brought his concerns one morning immediately to Site Administration and some other Security Captains he's seen around site. Unfortunately for Recker, it seems this problem won't be fixed unless volunteers step up to help. Recker decided then and there he was tired of being ran at with shanks while he stands there in a $2,500 Dolce & Gabbana suit (Disclaimer: paid with a bonus check for making Ambassador). He decided that someone needs to take the mantle during those times, and he wants a vest to do it. One day he headed over to the Security Chief's Office, sealed an envelope with an application inside, and slipped it under the door. He's heard of other department supervisors helping in multiple departments, but nervously, he prayed as he remains unsure if he'd make the cut.

Last edited:

Driver

Sep 8, 2023
+support
I see recker on officer a lot, doing well in d-block and taking part of sweeps.
Also good application and all my interactions with you have been good ?

Hope you get this role, you deserve it.

Reactions: "Recker"

Loviatar

Staff of the week!
Staff of the Week
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 7, 2023
+Support
Always on and friendly towards people. Knows the rules as well.

Reactions: "Recker"

Speff

Jan 17, 2023
1695349875426.png

To: Captain Applicant "Recker"

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Recker, your application has been ACCEPTED

Please contact me on discord for the next step - speff.

Status
Not open for further replies.