{US] "Second"/"Starlight"s Exec. Researcher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:85768677
Discord name: Pretty Little Psycho#9866
For how long have you played on CG SCP: ~251 hours, as per the "One Year" achievement
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: PST
Character name(s): "Second" (Omega-1) | "Trickster" [A-6 LTCOM] (GENSEC Captain)
Civilian name: [GT] Roofus
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): US
Do you have a mic?:
- Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- SCP-096 (Current)
- MTF Nu-7 Hammer Down (Former)
- GENSEC Captain (Current)
- MTF Omega-1 Law's Left Hand (Current)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- Not to my knowledge
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
- I enjoy research RP, especially after the new update. I feel like with more clearance, researcher will be more fun for me.
What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
- I know how to do every test, as well as being a good teacher. I can show new researchers how to write Excellent-Grade documents as well as how to perform tests.
How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
- I have only 1 excellent grade document (SCP-1025 x SCP-500 Crosstest), but that is mainly due to me not writing many documents altogether until recently.
- The requirements for an excellent grade document are: An index for organization, in-depth information that is not too wordy but detailed enough to not be vague, a hypothesis and expectations, results, and a concluding statement. So long as a document has all the information required in a way that is understandable for readers, is grammar and spelling checked, and is not plagiarized, it will be excellent.
What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
- Reading and grading documents
- Approving and overseeing tests
- Researching high-clearance SCPs (such as 682)
Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:
████ "Starlight" █████ was always fascinated with the occult and "sci-fi", even as a young boy. He would often go on expeditions with his associates to find rumored beasts, aliens, and the like. One time, one of his leads wasn't just empty. They had pictures of a beast that seemed to look like bacon in the shape of a dog. He and his crew went to the site to investigate, and mid investigation MTF Nu-7 intercepted him and his crew, took them to their helicopter, and took them to the Foundation to be interrogated and amnesticized. After the questioning, he thought very well he would die, but due to his knowledge of the occult and ability to do fieldwork, a mysterious figure in a coat who called himself ██-█ offered him a position as a Researcher, and put him on the team investigating the anomaly known as SCP-7722. He later learned the creature he met before Nu-7 took him was called SCP-939. Over time he'd go from team to team, researching to the best of his ability and making groundbreaking discoveries about what makes these things tick, until 1 day that same man approached him and handed him a card with Level 4 clearance that said "Exec. Researcher "Starlight" on the name badge. He said 1 word, "Congratulations".

Reactions: Kinhea

Boggers

Dec 2, 2022
+/-SUPPORT

I don’t think we’ve run into each other on the server before which weighs heavy on my decision to + or - support.
With that being said, your application is well written and you know what you’re talking about.

I would heavily recommend you write more excellent grade documents as that’s a big part of the position. You should lead by example, (why would other people try to write excellent grade documents if the executive doesn’t bother).

+/-SUPPORT

I don’t think we’ve run into each other on the server before which weighs heavy on my decision to + or - support.
With that being said, your application is well written and you know what you’re talking about.

I would heavily recommend you write more excellent grade documents as that’s a big part of the position. You should lead by example, (why would other people try to write excellent grade documents if the executive doesn’t bother).
Yeah I mostly play Researcher during the dead hours because Sr. is taken a good 99.999% of the time during peak, so I doubt many people would know that I play it, but I am Research lvl 21 and enjoy the job a lot.

Yeah, docs are just something I didn't write for a while until I went to a lecture on how to write good docs. I have a couple good grade and only 1 excellent grade thanks to an Exec teaching me how to make excellent docs.

Reactions: Boggers

Kinhea

Dec 5, 2022
+Support

- Knows when to be serious
- Respectful
- Active
- Funny (when appropriate)

Hope you get it! <3

Boggers

Dec 2, 2022
Yeah I mostly play Researcher during the dead hours because Sr. is taken a good 99.999% of the time during peak, so I doubt many people would know that I play it, but I am Research lvl 21 and enjoy the job a lot.

Yeah, docs are just something I didn't write for a while until I went to a lecture on how to write good docs. I have a couple good grade and only 1 excellent grade thanks to an Exec teaching me how to make excellent docs.
That’s amazing! Personally, I don’t have the patience to write documents like your research boys do, so I salute you guys. I wish you the best of luck with your application!

dunnolikes

Nov 23, 2022
+/- Neutral

Although you understand the roles of an executive researcher your application is lacking a lot of detail.

Sep 26, 2022
+ Support
+ Mature
+ Active
+ Wants to help

I have worked with Second on multiple occasions and I love his work!
He is excellent in O-1 and I am sure he is a great Captain.
My PC broke down so I can not access discord for a little but I see that he is an LTCOM in my Sub-Division and this proves to me that he can do his job right.

Florence

Dec 12, 2022
+ Support
+ Mature

I've followed along on a few tests with Second as a Jr. Researcher. He's mature and knows how to create a good RP environment. Props to Second I hope we meet again and do some more research.

Crow Kalashnikov

Oct 2, 2022
From the Research Directorate of Site-56
iTC20CCXNVGKIB4b7sE9PxljYIOY1Jiet2aHZ-QhfmWks8dbHQKfTu5HvEXa-yxTp1ibRQWfxYTIyNHtLg7grcZIZsfHXK0SMqxG5kolI0plYbcew5TnfK0w2-EeoOFkCRoPDj-6UPT_8vouZ__upODDWSDEpvu1nNtciQlTDSNKuigZp-0j46bNuylDSQ

Hello, Starlight!

First of all, thank you for taking the time to apply for the position of Executive Researcher!
This is very much appreciated.

Upon review, however, your application has unfortunately been denied.

Due to our roster being full at this time.

You may re-apply in two weeks.

Thank you for your time, and happy testing!​

Status
Not open for further replies.