[US] Severe Toxicity Ban Appeal | Jack "Black" ........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack "Black"

Nov 16, 2022
Your in-game name: Jack "Black" Whiteson
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:195168521
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198350602770

Date of ban: 17th November.
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Severe Toxicity [A]
Who banned you: Edward "Nutty" Willson
Ban length?: 3 days
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the URL): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Not be rude towards the people that ensure the RP and that its players have a safe enjoyable experience. I am in no way trying to ruin the experience for staff members or the players and I want to express regret/remorse for my actions and apologize for the words I have said to this SRMOD when I acted so out of hand. I do not frequently use such words towards people, and going back on the times I have, I've felt bad about those experiences.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned? Yes, I have a few warnings. Probably kicked sometimes cause of the AFK system.
Why should you be unbanned: Severe toxicity to the best of my knowledge is if you use derogatory and offensive slurs towards other players. I will agree to the fact I called a staff member incompetent and arrogant because I greatly misunderstood what being under FearRP means and how it works. I do not think of incompetence and arrogance as any offensive nor discriminating. Thus I do not think it's fair to give me such harsh punishment as a 3-day ban instead of a toxicity warning or staff disrespect etc.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I do my best to not break rules, however sometimes they do get broken. I tend to misunderstand/misinterpret the rule I have broken a lot sometimes. Either that or it's something in a grey zone where it's just hoping for the best outcomes because [Grey Zone].
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: I enjoy roleplaying on this server and prefer it much more to the UK/EU one (or other SCP servers). My timezone might not fit as well in the US, but that is what makes it interesting because I can come on during non-peak zones and chill unlike the UK/EU. I don't like to be rude or annoying in any way, and that's why I do my best to prevent it.

Last edited:

Combine Freeman

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jul 26, 2022
Hello, Jack "Black"

The reason I banned you was solely off this clip alone, within this clip you slightly muffle out the words "kys" (Abbreviated for obvious reasons), this behavior is not tolerated on the server whatsoever, so please take the time to consider saying something before you act on it.

Kind regards, Edward.

Jack "Black"

Nov 16, 2022
If you listen to the clip I can kinda get the "kill your-", but that really was "*incompetent". Different tings, mandem. I wouldn't encourage anyone to self-harm or suicide. You should review your footage an extra bit or with another staff member cause clearly, the first review you did in the sit didn't work out. I start with in-, it cuts off kinda and ends with -tent. That is not close to "kys" at all.

Jack "Black ........

Last edited:

Alpha Toon

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 9, 2021
Appeal Accepted

Hi @Jack "Black",

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Upon review of everything in this appeal, I have determined that a ban was issued falsely. Per the clip that Edward provided, the first thing I heard was "Compensate", however after reading Jack's reply, I can also hear incompetent. Based on my previous statement, those 2 words don't sound close to the phrase in question and at most a warning for toxicity could have been issued.

Based on the above, I will allow the removal of your ban.

Regards,
Alpha​

Status
Not open for further replies.