Not open for further replies.

Sir Barry

Jul 20, 2022
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:121210487
Discord name:
TheLegate12#6909
For how long have you played on CG SCP:
I started on July 15th, 4 months ago today. I have played for about 6-7 weeks In-Game time, just under 1,000 hours.
In what country are you located?:
USA
Time zone:
CST
Character name(s):

Sir Barry "Caesar"
Civilian name:

"James Grainger"
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):

SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?:

Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

- Internal Affairs Ambassador
- Internal Affairs Director

- Ethics Committee Assistant
- Ethics Committee Member
- MTF Nu-7 PVT
- MTF O-1 PVT

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:

No
What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:

I am applying for the Operational Branch of the Ethics Committee. Operational Ethics involves dealing with all Department Directors and Site command directly. This position requires a lot of paperwork, interviewing, and an overall understanding of the power structure and work etiquette of the Foundation. Working in the Operational Branch will enable me to learn more about each department, as well as the personnel who work within. Never a dull moment would pass in this branch, as finding work is very easy. Operational Ethics requires not only an understanding of the Code of Ethics, but also the procedures, policies and protocols of every department within the facility.
What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:
I have learned a lot in my time here, and I posses a vast knowledge of each individual departments' duties and responsibilities. The position demands a very active and social member of the community, and this is the sort of behavior I pride myself in. I have the ability to encourage cooperation between different departments to bring forth growth and efficiency. With that being said, Efficiency can not impede on ones enjoyment of their duty, nor distract them from the bigger picture. Balancing concepts like efficiency, effort, work ethic and dedication with concepts such as enthusiasm, passion, dedication and pleasure is key to working in the ideal foundation. My personal experiences with situations through all positions, ranks, jobs and floors grant me a unique understanding of the importance of the aforementioned balance.
What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
The Ethics Committee was established to represent the needs of the people within the foundation. First, The Committee is tasked with enforcing the Code of Ethics, which instate a general understanding of rules and regulations implemented to protect basic human rights. The Committee enforces the Code of Ethics upon personnel in D-Block, all the way up to administrative personnel. Research tests that requite Ethics approval are also approved or denied by members of The Committee. Each respective branch of Ethics has a representing member on the Committee, and each branch applies to most every department in some way, shape, or form. MTF Omega-1 serve The Committee as well, and carry out and execute their will.
What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):

The most important role for the Ethics Committee is to make sure the entire Facility is having the best role play experience possible, while also maintaining order and humanitarianism. It is up to the Committee member to implement policies to prevent negativity, whilst also assigning jobs and tasks for the corresponding personnel, which leads to more activity, and more general positivity over the department as a whole. Ethics Committee members also have final say in accepting or denying applications for Directors of Internal Affairs and Medicine.
Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Origins:

Barry O'Cociner was born in Ireland on January 10th, ████ , and migrated to the United States early in his life. From a young age, Barry had been interested in investigations, idolizing people like Sherlock Holmes, and Fred from Scooby-Doo. After High school, Barry attended Ohio State University, and majored in Criminal Investigation, as well as Jazz Performance. Shortly after receiving his Major, he found a position in Local Law Enforcement, then not long after, was offered a job in the CIA. Barry participated in the Abu Omar case in 2003, which brought him to him to Egypt. After the abduction of the Cleric, the other members of the CIA tortured Abu for information, which shocked Barry into a sense of loss. Believing that what was done by his superiors was wrong, Barry dismissed himself and wandered the streets of Egypt. There, Barry was faced with SCP-1644, an anomalous obelisk that prevented humans from entering a radius of 47.16 meters from the center. Barry walked closely past it, then took a second to inspect the obelisk, before tying his shoe. He had thought nothing of it. As he walked away from the Obelisk, men in suits quickly appeared and surrounded him after he exited the radius. Barry couldn't remember anything after that point.
The Foundation:

Internal Affairs:
Barry was recruited as a General Security Cadet, and was closely watched, as he has been shown to be immune to phycological anomalies.
Barry followed instructions and was soon qualified for the position of Internal Affairs Agent. When Barry had gotten to his new position, the department was quiet and lonesome. Director Layne "Sleepy" Grieves was in charge of the department, and shortly after Barry was promoted to Ambassador, Layne was soon promoted to Site Advisor, leaving Internal Affairs all alone. Barry met one of his best friends that day; Mr. Dalton. Dalton and his colleagues entrusted Barry with the fate of Internal Affairs, and he was promoted to Director after only 4 days. Barry held the position of Director for a month and a half. After building a whole new department, full of Agents, Ambassadors, and A Deputy Director, he was called by higher power to fill the role that was needed of him. When Barry left Internal Affairs, he left it to his most trusted coworkers: Mark Nagoa, Mr. Philly, "Liberator", Archie Bambozzini, Cheese Cooper, and Mickle. His expectations where met every time. There wasn't a better group of individuals to run a department.

The Ethics Committee
Barry was voted into the Ethics Committee, under the leadership of his friend, Mr. Dalton. Barry was assigned Internal Affairs and Medicine, and worked hard to maintain their clean and strong state. When the job finally was finally comfortable, Mr. Dalton was ███████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████ [ERROR: TEXT REDACTED] ███████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

MTF Experience
After serving as ██-█ ███ at Site-██ under a new name, "Caesar", Barry was recalled to Site-56 after the fallout had settled. Now having an interest in combat, Barry was recruited by MTF Nu-7, and served diligently until being ███████████████████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████ Barry was once again working with his friends in the Committee, serving as Law Enforcement, just as he had at the beginning of his travels years prior. Although Combat was fun for Barry, it wasn't what his heart wanted. Barry missed his name, his suit, his warm showers, his pen and paper, and his clean desk.

Barry decided to listen to his heart and return home. Even after everything that had happened to Barry, he was ready to return to his dear friends. Barry had missed what he did, because there was nothing else like it in the world.

1665975325933.png

Philly Billy

Jun 6, 2022
Québec
site56ia.com

+Gigachad Support

+Good person
+Knows his duties
+Great interaction
+Already a lot of experience with Ethics member
+Helps people
+Respectful
+Do his best to make things better
+Helped me a lot throughout my whole career in the foundation
+Has always been there for people who needed him
+Was a good ethics member
+Knows ethics a lot
+Experienced site admin
+Was one of the best IA director
+Never personally witnessed or heard any unethical behavior coming from Barry
+I like his blue suit
+Always achieved his goals and never gave up on them, wich is why he comin back to ethics
+Good judgment
+Good app
+Good playtime

+/-support: called me goofy once and I’m still crying about it, and silly too, he said silly billy

Barry you’ve personally helped me a lot with my career, you were truly the best director of IA and a good Ethics member I am extremely happy to see you again :D you are really professional at what you do and you have showed and explain to me what to do and how to be professional at my job, you allowed me to progress as an agent, ambassador and director and now as an assistant. I hope to see you again with yo level 5 keycard and yo ethics member role :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sir Barry

James "Baker" | "Pilgrim"

Aug 5, 2022
+MAJOR SUPPORT
- Good Judgement
- Insane CL4 Experience
- Mature
- Good Interactions
- Applications includes lots of detail
- Flawless Lore
- Respectful
- Has had previous experience enforcing the CoE and CoC including the following positions: Ethics Committee Member, Ethics Committee Assistant, Omega-1 Private and Site Affairs

Finesse

Jul 25, 2022
+SUPPORT
- Good Judgement
- Insane CL4 Experience
- Mature
- Good Interactions
- Applications includes lots of detail
- Flawless Lore
- Respectful
- Has been ethics before and was a good ethics member
- helpful
- cleaned up IA

Chan

Jul 16, 2022
+ Full support
-loads of CL4 experience
-good interaction
-respectful

-mature
-detailed application

Chip “Nova”

Jul 16, 2022
+Support
+Good person
+Knows his duties
+Great interaction
+Already has experience as an Ethics member
+Helps people
+Respectful
+Do his best to make things better
+Helped me a lot throughout my whole career in the foundation
+Has always been there for people who needed him

+Great lore, With many interesting Features and storyline, I had a fun time reading.

Barry has been here for me ever since I was a General Security Officer, And has continued to support me in my Lance Corporal Position, If the Committee were to reinstate this man's position, he would be above the expectations they have for him. He continues to support me and countless others through out their time on the server, and is generally the most supportive player that I and others have met.

Liberator

Jun 18, 2022

+ SUPPORT

Barry is a great leader and a mature individual. He's done amazing work in his previous years, helping and guiding others in the right direction. I can see that Barry would do even better back in this position than before.

Wayne Gettok

Aug 16, 2022
+ Support

- Its Barry
- He's competent
- Puts the work in
- Has one Wayne point
- Detailed application
- Mature
- Experienced within this field, shown to do well

Best of luck baz

Jules

Donator
May 22, 2022
Pinewood Canada
mysttea.carrd.co
1666315548143.png
The Ethics Committee Verdict Report
REGARDING: "Sir Barry's'" Ethics Committee Member Application.

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Thank you for showing interest in the position of Ethics Committee Member and we think you would be a wonderful fit for the committee. Please reach out to me on TeamSpeak for your new position.
1666315607280.png

Status
Not open for further replies.