Denied [US/UK] Increase requirements for Combat Medic

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harold Hawks

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

This suggestion is to change the requirements of becoming a combat medic by needing 20 levels in combat experience as well.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

This would give us more competent combat medics in the secondary field of which they’re already required, and it would make it so that not just anyone who’s gotten their medical license could be given a level 3 keycard and combat personnel duties.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

This suggestion would make it harder for people to become a combat medic, making them rarer to come by. Would also likely be unpopular due to the boons it currently gives.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I am aware that the combat medic role already requires 40 levels in combination with other classes, however it is fair to say that it’s easy to get 40 levels through D-Class and combat levels along with the already necessary 10 support levels.
Combat Medics essentially have the same authority as Sergeants in GenSec, but their requirements are easier to fulfill despite having access to medical equipment on-the-go. This is why I recommend the requirements be increased.

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
-support

Thats literally putting the combat into CM

There fine they way they are this only hurts them

LegoManOnHash

Aug 31, 2022
-Support

Thought this was just added, they changed it to support level 20 & total level 40.

The whole point of combat medic is to still be a medic. They are just armed with a weapon and given the proper authorization to perform combative duties when absolutely needed.

Reactions: Harold Hawks

Harold Hawks

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
-Support

Thought this was just added, they changed it to support level 20 & total level 40.

The whole point of combat medic is to still be a medic. They are just armed with a weapon and given the proper authorization to perform combative duties when absolutely needed.
Yknow what I can get behind this at least man. My issue is that as a level 10 support you can choose to either be a normal doctor with an L2 and no combat duties or a combat medic with an L3, armor, guns, the whole shabang. Just something to distinguish it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1285

lvl 20 support takes ages to get, literally no reason + its locked behind a license

Dinklesprinkle

May 11, 2022
this is something ive been looking i've been looking into personally and sadly theres not much increasing we can do without Devs reworking their level cap system all we can do is make it a regiment or make CM a whitelisted role which frankly isnt going to work either so

Dinklesprinkle

May 11, 2022
-Support

its always supposed to be level 20 support someone just changed it down to 10 without telling anyone lmao

Snow

Jan 31, 2023
+support

support and combat 20 is like nothing people complaining about that have a massive skill issue

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
+support im level 199 mate levels arent hard to get just makes combat medic for exclusive the main medical player should be doctors not combatants

Dozer

Donator
Mar 12, 2023
+support
getting combat levels aint that hard in my opinion

Tobi Sallow

Sep 20, 2022
+ / - Support

I'm not entirely against adding a combat level requirement to it. Though I think 20 combat is a bit much, especially given how had it is to initially grind for 20 support.

Simon "Kitton" A.

Apr 16, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi Harold,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

We currently don't see a reason to increase the requirements.
Usually, unprofessionalism is dealt with internally and if we were to put combat 20 as a requirement it would only allow non-RP interactions with people that only want to combat.
Although we are looking into other ways to get combat medics to be more specialized.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Reactions: Harold Hawks
Status
Not open for further replies.