Denied [USA] Add more OSA and ECA slots

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Senior Ambassador Sledge

Oct 25, 2023
Cincinnati Ohio, United States
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This will change the maximum amount of assistants from 2 --> 4 on both sides of the isle (Ethics and O5).

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I Guarantee it. It isn't different, it's a change that needs to happen but your rule regarding job slot changes is too strict.

Possible Positives of the suggestion:
People can actually play the Assistant role and get their required work done per week without fighting for a position

More people can assist EC and O5 by conducting interviews, dealing with more trivial matters, and sign documentation without having to wait for 1/2 possible assistants

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Too many Assistants on at once

Not enough ISD to protect all of them + increases kidnappings of assistants indirectly

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
ISD almost never guard Assistants anyway since they're disposable, and the kidnapping negative isn't that big of a negative, just had to put it there.

I am going to apply for assistant soon, and after hearing from others what it's like and seeing what it's like when I get on is insane, The slots are always full and people are fighting to get the slots, now imagine not playing the role you applied for because of the slots, and on top of that it is required for you to be on that role in order for you to do your requirements! It's insane.

I can understand not wanting to hear suggestions about increasing the total number of SCU or combat medic slots all the time, and I understand the balancing issues that come into play when considering those types of roles, but Assistants do not really impact gameplay from that perspective, this change is to allow Assistants to get their requirements done easier and allow them to enjoy the role they earned.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
They're not supposed to, but by having them exist they inherently have to or there's no point in the roles. They should ideally be removed.
i like the way things are now, except the slots

Charles "Ze" Whittme

Apr 4, 2023
They're not supposed to, but by having them exist they inherently have to or there's no point in the roles. They should ideally be removed.
Why the hell are we not meant to make RP?
And we detract from the server??

Like i get the concept of you wouldn't see SC this much in lore, but this is a Gmod RP server.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
I don't really find this necessary or truly beneficial. If the assistant slots are constantly full, then Site Command need to up their hiring standards. Assistants are considered mostly as a joke anyway in the USA server, people don't often take them seriously unless people like the individual person on the role. I really don't see a point in having 8 assistants running around the server doing virtually nothing except be mini SA at most.

I feel like the assistant role has had its original purpose completely cut and reduced into just being wannabe site advisors being used as an "easy stepping stone" to site command. When they were initially created, they were meant to have actual authority over O-1/A-1 and do things in place of Site Command, especially O5, so they wouldnt have to be everywhere as much and contribute to roleplay and be taken as a serious role with high standards. That's no longer the case. As I said before, having 6 - 8 assistants run around looks very silly and doesnt serve much of a purpose. If SC is requiring weekly things to be done and you cant do it because the slots are constantly full, tell SC to improve their recruitment standards for assistants or find other solutions to the problem (Though honestly, the "weekly tasks" that assistants have to do seem to just be filler tasks to give assistants more to do, rather than being actual tasks that are important to be done.)

-Support, either way it's definitely getting denied as stated in the Suggestions FAQ, which specifically mentions never changing job slots on assistants.

Senior Ambassador Sledge

Oct 25, 2023
Cincinnati Ohio, United States
I don't really find this necessary or truly beneficial. If the assistant slots are constantly full, then Site Command need to up their hiring standards. Assistants are considered mostly as a joke anyway in the USA server, people don't often take them seriously unless people like the individual person on the role. I really don't see a point in having 8 assistants running around the server doing virtually nothing except be mini SA at most.

I feel like the assistant role has had its original purpose completely cut and reduced into just being wannabe site advisors being used as an "easy stepping stone" to site command. When they were initially created, they were meant to have actual authority over O-1/A-1 and do things in place of Site Command, especially O5, so they wouldnt have to be everywhere as much and contribute to roleplay and be taken as a serious role with high standards. That's no longer the case. As I said before, having 6 - 8 assistants run around looks very silly and doesnt serve much of a purpose. If SC is requiring weekly things to be done and you cant do it because the slots are constantly full, tell SC to improve their recruitment standards for assistants or find other solutions to the problem (Though honestly, the "weekly tasks" that assistants have to do seem to just be filler tasks to give assistants more to do, rather than being actual tasks that are important to be done.)

-Support, either way it's definitely getting denied as stated in the Suggestions FAQ, which specifically mentions never changing job slots on assistants.
Not wrong about the standards but I can tell this is all exaggerated, i'm not asking for a lot. An extra slot for 1 each would be sufficient. As for their original purpose or authority over ISD, I don't really see how that's relevant here. I don't see a downside for adding 2 slots total.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023

US skill issue, not like that on UK, except for the fact the assistant slots are constantly full; since again, you need activity to maintain the position - as with any non-SCP whitelisted position

"Arachnid"

Dec 5, 2022
-support
All they do is walk around, if you need to actually do RP on assistant get someone who isnt doing anything to flag off

Fool

Oct 18, 2023
Look guys this very same suggestion has been made so many times, and so many times no. So unfortunately oofers moment

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
Why the hell are we not meant to make RP?
And we detract from the server??

Like i get the concept of you wouldn't see SC this much in lore, but this is a Gmod RP server.
According to CT, they're not supposed to be a primary focus of the server, but by being leaders of RP, they are. And they kind of have to be leaders of RP by their nature.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
make a 12 page suggestion on why this is

Status
Not open for further replies.