[USA] Antonio de Luca Executive Researcher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:91442128 (76561198143149985)
Discord name: Antonio de Luca (trav#6953)
For how long have you played on CG SCP: June 27, 2022 (according to achievements)
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: Chicago (Central)
Character name(s): Antonio de Luca (prev. Ayrton Senna and Senna)
Civilian name: Alessandro de Luca
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?:
Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
N/A (I vaguely remember MTF back in the day but am unsure if it was on this server)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
N/A

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?

I am a longtime player of the server who primarily plays as a researcher. I believe that I have provided engaging gameplay to numerous generations of players through fun and unique tests. I believe I am ready to take the step to the next level where I can start teaching more researchers how to be effective as well as open boundaries that will allow me to create even more engaging roleplay. I’ve been a longtime fan of the SCP genre and am coming up on 7 years of roleplaying in the genre. On this server specifically I believe that my veteran status will be valuable in growing the Scientific Department.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:

As I mentioned I first played the server in June of 2022 making me relatively old compared to other players of the server and even other researchers. That entire time I have spent primarily as a researcher, creating engaging roleplay for myself and others. Whether downtime or popping, I have what it takes to execute unique and fun roleplay scenarios like tests that ultimately better the health of the server. I have shown great effort in the documents I have uploaded and have even started a series called “The Statistics Of” where I calculate the statistics of everything on the server. For example the most recent installment has been “The Statistics Of: Type O- Blood” where I calculated in-character a confidence interval to capture the true proportion of D-class with Type O- Blood, using realistic experimental tactics and statistical calculations. This took a long time to create, with 10 tests of 3 D-class each just to calculate an already known proportion (Sergei’s Recipes) in an in-character fashion. Who else does that lol? I plan for the next installment to be the statistics of SCP-1162 and have already started testing for this, but it is going to take a lot of trials to calculate reasonably. My professionalism is also another aspect of what I believe makes me suitable for Executive Researcher. I am very exact in my testing policies and always have some sort of aim and method in mind when I perform a test. I do like to have fun from time to time, but it is never anything inapropriate or even anything that would diminish the reputation of the Scientific Department in any way.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?

1/1. This being “The Statistics Of: Type O- Blood” which I mentioned above. To create an excellent document, you need to invest time in your work on a unique cause. Any test with a clear objective and some know-how can be turned into an excellent document with some time and effort. I personally prefer to follow the 7 step method of index, introduction, goals/aim, hypothesis, methodology, findings and conclusion as I believe this creates a very in-depth experiment log. Most of my experiments also contain some sort of math and numerous tests, which is what I plan to do again for the next installment of “The Statistics Of” where I calculate the statistics of SCP-1162. I highly recommend reading the first installment in this series though, it can be found in EXPERIMENT_LOGS/CHEMICAL_TRIALS.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:

My personal belief is that the biggest responsibility of an Executive Researcher is to set a great example for lower ranking Researchers. Research is crucial to the Foundation, and it also provides some of the most engaging gameplay to new players (D-class) that can be offered. Giving our upcoming researchers the tools they need to succeed is only logical.
Other responsibilities include approving higher level tests and sampling, teaching lower level researchers and even holding their own high level tests/samples.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Dr. Antonio de Luca is a middle-aged, Italian-American scientist from the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy. He immigrated to the United States when he was 18 to attend the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge, Massachusetts where he earned both an undergraduate degree and obtained his PhD. He was hired by the Foundation seven years ago as a researcher where he has worked his way up over time to a Senior Researcher. He is currently pursuing the position of Executive Researcher, hoping to one day proceed even higher in the department. When he eventually moves on from the Foundation, he plans to return to MIT as a Professor.
Always fascinated behind physics and math, he has always been in search of answers to the why of everything. Throughout his educational career, he was starting to run out of questions. The Foundation gave him plenty of unknowns to study, which he has pounced upon. In a world now filled with urban legends like 076 and 073, Antonio has had to use every last ounce of his experience to try and ground this new world to the scientific reality the Earth has always known.

antonio_lowres.png

TbhKindaDum

Jan 27, 2023
+Support
Seems to care very deeply for the server.
Fleshed out a great backstory.

+/-
I don't get a complete overlay of his time spent on the server (i.a. ## hours and ## minutes) so it's hard to gauge how long he's spent on the server.

Negatives
None.

To: Antonia de Luca
Subject:
Application Verdict

O5 Council Clean.png

| Application Denied |

Greetings Antonia, This is a message composed by the Research Directorate to inform you that your application for the position of Executive Researcher has been unfortunately denied. We thank you for taking the time to apply for this position, as that is very much appreciated, However, we would like to see your activity on the department increase a bit around site before onboarding you onto the team. If you would like more info you may EMail (Discord Message) either Me (Pup#1341) or "Lunaro" (Bees#4431).

You may reapply in 2 weeks, please take these 2 weeks to better yourself and prove you have improved.

Kind Regards,
John Iceland, Director of Research.

Status
Not open for further replies.