[USA] Barney "Chef" - IA Ambassador

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2022
Barney "Chef" | Internal Affairs Ambassador Application

[OUT OF CHARACTER SECTION]

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:53115357

Discord name: barneyonmeth

For how long have you played on CG SCP: I began playing the server over 2 years ago, with several months of total playtime.

In what country are you located?: Australia

Time zone: AEST (GMT+10)

Character name(s): Barney "Chef"

Civilian name: Barney "Nuts"

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- Overseer Assistant x2 (holding)
- GENSEC Sergeant (holding)
- DEA Sr. Agent (holding)
- Medical Consultant (held)
- Overseer Assistant (held)
- GENSEC Captain (held)
- IA Ambassador (held)
- E-11 CSG (held)
- Nu-7 SPC (held)
- CI-B (held)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
While I am unable to verify the exact number of warns, I do recall acquiring a notable amount during my very first leave from the server, primarily for FailRP, as well as a ban for RDM, as a result of my immature attitude which had since shifted following my long-passed re-integration to the Civil Networks community.

[IN-CHARACTER SECTION]

Why are you applying for Internal Affairs Ambassador?:
I am applying for Internal Affairs Ambassador out of passion for the department, my personal enjoyment of the Internal Affairs role, and to help others in their times as Internal Affairs Agents. Recently, I have felt that IA is in need of more role-models and leaders to breathe life into the department amid a time of uncertainty, and I am willing to step up and make a difference within the department to achieve this goal. My extensive past experience as an Ambassador for IA has drawn me to apply again, knowing that I am already quite familiar with the tasks before me, despite the fact that the department has changed somewhat since I had last been a CL4 member of it. I would like to make positive changes where I can, with an emphasis on training as many new agents as I can, alongside a continuation of investigative work for the better of the Foundation.

What makes you suitable for Internal Affairs Ambassador?:
I am a highly suitable candidate for the role of Internal Affairs Ambassador due to my long-standing history of Clearance 4 experience, including holding the previous position of Head Ambassador in 2022. From these roles I have been able to garner essential leadership skills, a high degree of professionalism, and a well-rounded knowledge of the Code of Conduct, Code of Ethics and Foundation Legal Codex. My first tenure as an IA Ambassador was lengthy and successful, having served alongside multiple Directors and fellow Ambassadors. During this time I was responsible for the creation of the first training program and test for all IA operatives, when the whitelist system was released roughly mid-2022. My experience in investigative work and writing is remarkable, following the completion of several successful investigations leading to action being taken against a department.

On an equally important note, I believe that sustained activity on-site from holders of Clearance 4 positions is of the upmost importance, and I will ensure that I adhere to every standard of activity without question. As an Australian member of the community, my activity may appear to be limited to some, as I am not seen frequently throughout the day time. This argument can be easily countered as I have been on-site almost every day for the past month, albeit at different times to most individuals. Because there is a ~10hr difference between my timezone (AEST) and most US timezones, I am required to perform my duties primarily throughout the nighttime and early morning. Clearance 4 personnel are often understandably lacking in numbers during these times, which could potentially lead to instability within the site, as up to 100 people may still be actively operating during this period. I aim to provide a solution to this problem, serving as an essential point of contact should there be any need for a higher-clearance individual.

How many documents have you written? What makes a document good?:
In my time at Site-65, I have written many documents, some to which I no longer have access, spanning a multitude of tasks, topics and investigations. A portion of my more recent document writing has been dedicated to assignment reports as an Assistant, which can range from interviews to department reviews. Additionally, I have created numerous research papers and psychological evaluations during my time as a Medical Consultant. Most importantly, I have past experience writing in-depth investigation reports as an Internal Affairs Ambassador, including a notable inquiry into the leadership standards employed by General Security in 2022. Documents require meticulous effort in relation to formatting, grammar, and must cover the topic in a concise and easy-to-read manner. To bolster the credibility of your document, it is important to use essential grammatical features including paragraphing and spacing, and visual aids (pictures) are recommended where relevant.

What are the responsibilities of the Internal Affairs Ambassador in RP?:
Internal Affairs Ambassadors are agents of seniority within the Department of Internal Affairs, with an increased focus on leadership, management and casework. They help guide newer and experienced Agents in the right direction, and serve to be a suitable role-model. Similarly, they are to regularly host Agent trainings with the current established system of a test aided by relevant reading material. Within the realm of investigations, Ambassadors typically direct their efforts towards larger cases typically involving high-profile individuals and/or large scale crimes or ethical violations. Additionally, upon promotion to Ambassador, one may be eligible to become a licensed Attorney, with the ability to represent a client in tribunal proceedings. Internal Affairs Ambassadors should report to the Department Director and Deputy Director and follow their guidance to the best of their ability.

Please give some lore about your Internal Affairs Ambassador character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Barney "Chef" is an ex-member of the Australian Army Intelligence Corps, who performed extensive reconnaissance work on several high-ranking individuals within the Taliban Armed Forces and Ministerial Leadership. Barney has a passion for cooking, he began his work as a Security Cadet, while taking on part time volunteer work at the D-Block Cafeteria. Barney strongly believes in the importance of ethics, and has always treated everyone he meets with this in mind, including the D-class he cooks for. Barney was first introduced into the SCP Foundation through his friend; a senior member and ex-leader of the now disbanded Intelligence Department at Site-65, whom had contacted him regarding a lucrative and highly rewarding job opportunity.

Following a few weeks of supervised general duties work as a Security Cadet, Chef was promoted to Officer, brandishing his new, shiny green keycard. This promotion opened a gateway to a plethora of new opportunities within the foundation. Barney wasn't very receptive to the idea of standing at Heavy Containment Zone Checkpoint for hours on end, so instead of a position in the Mobile Task Forces, Barney opted for something more demanding yet safe, hence his successful application into the Internal Affairs Department as an Operative. Barney immediately began to adopt the new working style of an Agent, and put his best foot forward to make a good impression for himself. Feeling happier than ever, he had found his place.

Fast forward several months, Chef had made a name for himself as one of the Internal Affairs Ambassadors, and he continued to work hard and marvel at his transformation from a Security Cadet to one of those "people with the cool-looking red keycards". Chef continued to work part-time in the kitchen, during which times he ███████████████████████████. Unfortunately, during this time, Barney "Chef" was critically injured in the line of duty, following a vicious attack during which he was stabbed several times by a rogue Tech Expert, causing substantial brain and leg injuries as well as the destruction of his entire career. Sure enough, Chef was held in the facility's Medbay indefinitely, awaiting treatment and recovery.

Fast forward (another) several months, Chef has mostly recovered from his injuries, apart from a minor reduction in brain activity. From his time in his medical ward, he encountered a number of friendly medical staff, whom he got to know better and better as time progressed. After taking a liking to the functions of the department responsible for treating him, he decided to undertake a course in Paramedicine, hoping he could do the same for others as what they had done for him. After a year on assignment as a trainee, Chef was finally granted his Medical License and became a well-respected doctor, responsible for the treatment of Infectious Diseases. Despite all the rumours that he "appeared out of nowhere" and was "never seen before", one must rest assured that this is NOT the case, and Chef had indeed undergone all the relevant training within this timeframe, as opposed to operating as a personal assistant to the O██████████l!

[WARNING: ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS RESTRICTED FILE - PROVIDE CREDENTIALS]

[ACCESS GRANTED: LEVEL 4 CLEARANCE IDENTIFIED]
Accessing file... "chef_dossier_declassified.txt"

Fast forward (another) several months, Chef has mostly completely from his injuries, apart from a minor reduction in brain activity. He somehow convinced the Riot Response Team to let him in, presenting his Riot and Heavy Weapons licenses that he acquired over half a year ago (probably expired by now). Barney's work as a Riot Control Sergeant is enriching and truly immerses him in all spheres of Foundation life, albeit this is frequently countered by a previously unforeseen threat. Another Code 2? The tenth one to happen in the last 30 minutes? Yep. And what are the cadets doing to stop it? Killing each other. EACHOTHER. Chef figures he can put a stop to this problem, so he takes somewhat of an intriguing gamble, eventually earning himself the rank of Captain.

Captain Chef built an interesting character for himself spanning his time as a Security Captain. Not his first rodeo when it came to this level of responsibility, however he would find himself delving into some affairs he may not have fully prepared himself for. As his connections grew stronger, he was introduced to individuals with questionable backgrounds, involved in lines of work he never believed possible. Chef slowly gained an interest into the mysterious workings of the Overseer Council, uncovering a set of truths that would soon prove to change his life. One day, all alone in Chef's office, he would discover a series of peculiar documents within the global database. "overseer_f███y_chatlogs.txt" was the last thing he saw before two masked figures entered the room, swiftly delivering Chef to an undisclosed location.

Now as an Assistant (crazy, right? A former GENSEC?), Barney was tasked with monitoring the function of several departments at a time, a responsibility he thought he'd never have brought upon him, as somebody who did nothing but shoot D-class for the past few months. Despite his sudden and rather suspicious disappearance, Barney was still required to work in the Light Containment Zone as an Assistant, so to avoid being recognised, he had to come up with a plan. It was then, he figured, that he could make his way back as an Internal Affairs Ambassador, to cover up his secretive dealings with the Overseer Council! He started on his plan immediately, figuring that it couldn't possibly go wrong.

Signed,
Assistant Barney "Chef"

Last edited:

Bob Buchan

Sep 10, 2023
+support
TOP DOG
So fun
Elite RP
Great Person
Very Active Aussie

SO FRICKING HOT!!

Pawzz

Staff of the week!
Staff of the Week
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Mar 30, 2024
+Support most ethical and legal IA agent ever

Asmodeus

Jun 8, 2024
+Support really cool chill dude
+ Down to earth and is willing to correct you if your wrong

Ckettering689

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
May 28, 2024
+support
Active
Responsive on comms
Dependable Agent
Looking to learn and progress

Raixin

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Mar 17, 2024
Application Accepted

Hello @Barney on Meth

Thank you for applying to the position of Internal Affairs Ambassador. After careful consideration, we have decided to ACCEPT your application!. Please get in touch with a Director of Internal Affairs at your earliest convenience for your orientation.

Thank you.
Raixin, Director of Internal Affairs

Reactions: "Recker"
Status
Not open for further replies.