Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney on Meth

Jul 26, 2022
Barney "Chef" | Overseer Assistant Application

[OUT OF CHARACTER SECTION]

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:53115357

Discord name: barneyonmeth

For how long have you played on CG SCP: I began playing the server around 2 years ago, with several months of total playtime.

In what country are you located?: Australia

Time zone: AEST (GMT+10)

Character name(s): Barney "Chef"

Civilian name: Barney "Nuts"

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- Medical Consultant (holding)
- DEA Sr. Agent (holding)
- Overseer Assistant (held)
- Gensec Captain (held)
- IA Ambassador (held)
- E-11 CSG (held)
- Nu-7 SPC (held)
- CI-B (held)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
While I am unable to verify the exact number of warns, I do recall acquiring a notable amount during my very first leave from the server, primarily for FailRP, as well as a ban for RDM, as a result of my immature attitude which had since shifted following my long-passed re-integration to the Civil Networks community.

[IN-CHARACTER SECTION]

What makes you the best candidate for Overseer Assistant?:
Having served as a Clearance 4 member of 4 unique departments, including previously holding the position of Overseer Assistant itself, I believe I am a highly qualified candidate for this position, possessing leadership experience in several fields relevant to the position. I have first-hand experience and knowledge of the requirements and responsibilities of an Overseer Assistant and had demonstrated extreme dedication and professionalism within the execution of my duties. I have achieved several milestones within my Clearance 4 career, most notably the development of the first edition of the Internal Affairs training program in 2022. I have extensive experience in writing high-quality documentation, and have written several excellent in-depth reports for assignments given to me as a previous Overseer Assistant.

In addition, my more recent experiences as a General Security Captain and Medical Consultant have provided me with a deep insight into the challenges of coordinating a large force to operate with an upmost degree of professionalism and skill, exemplifying the essential leadership skills that are most certainly required of an Overseer Assistant. Furthermore, the experience gained from said CL4 roles altogether has shaped the way I present myself, that being with a great deal of maturity, composure and professionalism at all times. This behaviour shall and will continue to be displayed whether or not this application is elevated into further stages. Given my strong work ethic and previous experience, any order assigned to me by my respective superiors will be accomplished with eminent competence. In conclusion to these points, I believe that possessing the aforementioned skills and behavioural qualities will monumentally assist my performance within the Assistant role.

On an equally important note, I believe that sustained activity on-site from holders of Clearance 4 positions is of the upmost importance, and I will ensure that I adhere to every standard of activity without question. As an Australian member of the community, my activity may appear to be limited to some, as I am not seen frequently throughout the day time. This argument can be easily countered as I have been on-site almost every day for the past month, albeit at different times to most individuals. Because there is a ~10hr difference between my timezone (AEST) and most US timezones, I am required to perform my duties primarily throughout the nighttime and early morning. Leading into my final point, I trust that this situation will overall be to the benefit of the Council should they consider my application. Clearance 4 personnel are often understandably lacking in numbers during these times, which could potentially lead to instability within the site, as up to 100 people may still be actively operating during this period. I aim to provide a solution to this problem, serving as an essential point of contact should there be any need for a higher-clearance individual.

What are the responsibilities of Overseer Assistants in RP?:
The most important responsibility of an Overseer Assistant is to serve as the right-hand man to their Overseer superiors, and aid them in any realm of Foundation management. Anything that the Council needs done, will be swiftly taken care of by an Assistant upon Overseer request, no matter the cost. This connection to the Overseer Council attributes the assistant with a noteworthy deal of influence, which should then be utilised to pass on any important information back to the Council. An example of such information is the auditing of one of the Foundation's many departments, ensuring that said department is effectively managing their resources internally and are abiding by the rules and regulations set for them.

Overseer Assistants may also pass on noteworthy reports of misconduct among various Foundation personnel, or any other accounts deemed necessary by the Council. Furthermore, Assistants may also report on any other matter relevant to the Council's interests, or meet with them on-site to discuss said matters in person. Assistants additionally possess other capabilities not necessarily related to the Overseer Council, particularly the power to grant Work Permits to D-Class Personnel. Lastly, Overseer Assistants should maintain a strong relationship with MTF Alpha-1 "Red Right Hand" at all times, and should be expected to work alongside them to achieve any goal necessary.

Please give some lore about your Overseer Assistant character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Barney "Chef" is an ex-member of the Australian Army Intelligence Corps, who performed extensive reconnaissance work on several high-ranking individuals within the Taliban Armed Forces and Ministerial Leadership. Barney has a passion for cooking, he began his work as a Security Cadet, while taking on part time volunteer work at the D-Block Cafeteria. Barney strongly believes in the importance of ethics, and has always treated everyone he meets with this in mind, including the D-class he cooks for. Barney was first introduced into the SCP Foundation through his friend; a senior member and ex-leader of the now disbanded Intelligence Department at Site-65, whom had contacted him regarding a lucrative and highly rewarding job opportunity.

Following a few weeks of supervised general duties work as a Security Cadet, Chef was promoted to Officer, brandishing his new, shiny green keycard. This promotion opened a gateway to a plethora of new opportunities within the foundation. Barney wasn't very receptive to the idea of standing at Heavy Containment Zone Checkpoint for hours on end, so instead of a position in the Mobile Task Forces, Barney opted for something more demanding yet safe, hence his successful application into the Internal Affairs Department as an Operative. Barney immediately began to adopt the new working style of an Agent, and put his best foot forward to make a good impression for himself. Feeling happier than ever, he had found his place.

Fast forward several months, Chef had made a name for himself as one of the Internal Affairs Ambassadors, and he continued to work hard and marvel at his transformation from a Security Cadet to one of those "people with the cool-looking red keycards". Chef continued to work part-time in the kitchen, during which times he ███████████████████████████. Unfortunately, during this time, Barney "Chef" was critically injured in the line of duty, following a vicious attack during which he was stabbed several times by a rogue Tech Expert, causing substantial brain and leg injuries as well as the destruction of his entire career. Sure enough, Chef was held in the facility's Medbay indefinitely, awaiting treatment and recovery.

Fast forward (another) several months, Chef has mostly recovered from his injuries, apart from a minor reduction in brain activity. From his time in his medical ward, he encountered a number of friendly medical staff, whom he got to know better and better as time progressed. After taking a liking to the functions of the department responsible for treating him, he decided to undertake a course in Paramedicine, hoping he could do the same for others as what they had done for him. After a year on assignment as a trainee, Chef was finally granted his Medical License and became a well-respected doctor, responsible for the treatment of Infectious Diseases. Despite all the rumours that he "appeared out of nowhere" and was "never seen before", one must rest assured that this is NOT the case, and Chef had indeed undergone all the relevant training within this timeframe, as opposed to operating as a personal assistant to the O██████████l!

[WARNING: ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS RESTRICTED FILE - PROVIDE CREDENTIALS]

[ACCESS GRANTED: LEVEL 4 CLEARANCE IDENTIFIED]
Accessing file... "chef_dossier_declassified.txt"

Fast forward (another) several months, Chef has mostly completely from his injuries, apart from a minor reduction in brain activity. He somehow convinced the Riot Response Team to let him in, presenting his Riot and Heavy Weapons licenses that he acquired over half a year ago (probably expired by now). Barney's work as a Riot Control Sergeant is enriching and truly immerses him in all spheres of Foundation life, albeit this is frequently countered by a previously unforeseen threat. Another Code 2? The tenth one to happen in the last 30 minutes? Yep. And what are the cadets doing to stop it? Killing each other. EACHOTHER. Chef figures he can put a stop to this problem, so he takes somewhat of an intriguing gamble, eventually earning himself the rank of Captain.

Captain Chef built an interesting character for himself spanning his time as a Security Captain. Not his first rodeo when it came to this level of responsibility, however he would find himself delving into some affairs he may not have fully prepared himself for. As his connections grew stronger, he was introduced to individuals with questionable backgrounds, involved in lines of work he never believed possible. Chef slowly gained an interest into the mysterious workings of the Overseer Council, uncovering a set of truths that would soon prove to change his life. One day, all alone in Chef's office, he would discover a series of peculiar documents within the global database. "overseer_f███y_chatlogs.txt" was the last thing he saw before two masked figures entered the room, swiftly delivering Chef to an undisclosed location.

Signed,
Consultant Barney "Chef"

Reactions: Barstowsnips

Raixin

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Mar 17, 2024
+Support
-A great consultant, very friendly and helpful, no bad interactions with him always professional when on site would be a great OSA again

Hypnotoad

Feb 7, 2023
I think you made an error in your title, you wrote OSA instead of ECA
+support

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
1otlogofulltransparenttback.png
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Warning: Message Received... Processing Message.

Incoming Message from: @kennedy.inspector@scip
To: Barney "Chef"

Greetings, the council have deliberated and came to the following verdict. We believe you would be a great canidate for our assistant program, as such we look forward to working with you in the future. Please submit your request for clearance elevation in the RAISA networks and review documentation that will be on your desk upon clearance elevation.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact any member of the Council for any Information.

Glory to the Foundation, Signed O5-2.

Application Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.