[USA] Bohemia's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohemia

Oct 23, 2022
Your in-game name: Derek “Warhead” Canada / “Bohemia”

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:165261959

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/doganimal/

Date of ban: 04/25/23 (Blacklist - 04/02/23)

What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect):
Severe Toxicity

Who banned you: Winkie (This ban replaced my blacklist)

Ban length?: 4 Weeks and 2 Days (One month)

What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/#post-91383

What will you do to stop this from happening again: As stated in my blacklist amnesty, I have realized the consequences of my actions. After nearly a month and a half of reflection, I do truly miss the server and hold it close. As before both my blacklist and my resignation from any serious involvement in the server, I did follow the rules. I will continue to do this in both the present and the future, and can assure that impulsiveness like this will never occur again, you have my word.

Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?
3 day ban for Severe Toxicity - First 3 days on server, hasn’t happened since.

Maybe 3-4 or so warnings, not quite sure.

Why should you be unbanned: I am extremely grateful for being unblacklisted and allowed a place again in this community. I am making this appeal due to the fact I had already spent 24 days under my blacklist (With more days inching closer to a full month since my blacklist), 80% of my current/new punishment of 30 days, enacted on top of my blacklist. My wish is NOT for this to be removed from my record, as both staff and anyone wishing to know has the right to know what I did. I’d rather prefer to be able to access the server as soon as I can, as I am quite eager to begin intertwining with the community and site again. I believe that under my blacklist I have served my due time, both under the Staff Punishment Guidelines (Which would have been 2 weeks or 3 days) and the unique punishment (Which I have spent a good chunk of under the blacklist) I was put under due to the unique situation I entangled myself into. This is also coupled with the fact my actions occurred in TeamSpeak, rather than in-game. Of course, this is completely under your judgment and I fully understand if you disagree. Thank you very much for your time.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: After my past reflections, I realized just how much this server means to me. I’ve decided that I won’t let it slip away in such a fashion ever again. I detest my actions, and have lost some respect for myself due to them. I hope you can place your faith in me when I give you my word that this will never happen ever again. I have not broken any rules throughout my time blacklisted, and sent no other messages on the forums while my amnesty was up to respect the opportunity I was given to make amends.

Why do you want to rejoin this server?: This server hits a spot that no other game hits. I miss the progression throughout and the creativity that is poured into the server on both the development team’s part and the players. I miss the gameplay of combative jobs, the rules and structure of the MTFs, alongside the fascinating and intriguing setting. I used to pour most of my free-time into the server, and quite honestly intend to delve back into it on the same level I was months ago.

P.S (Copied from a DM I sent to Winkie)
I would like to start off by saying that my intention in my amnesty was not to act like my actions had no ill-intent behind them, while I may have accidentally phrased it that way. As both you and I see, my actions could not be good-willed. It was an impulsive action, and as I stated, was not intended as a way to strike at the core of the community. I will admit, this does look absolutely horrible on me and completely shatters my accountability. I please ask you to trust me when I say that it was not intended as an attack on Civil Gamers itself. Rather a “lulzzz look he said bad LOL”. Purely impulsive and childish. Rather than made with intentions as a joke, it was made with next to no intention at all, with no thought dedicated to how it could affect my own reputation and CN (I could explain further in TS). I don’t believe that the clip reflects any of the member’s views or morals.

Last edited:

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Denied, Winkie was reasonable in reducing your blacklist to a month's ban, and it is standard procedure when we reduce a blacklist or permaban to a tempban that we do not take into account 'time served' against it. This concept of 'time served' only applies when going from tempban -> tempban.

Hope to see you on in a month's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.