[USA] "Cynic" Overseer Assistant Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Swanson

Jul 24, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:163987897
Discord name: epican
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Around 40 days total time; an additonal 20 hours or so since ive came out of retirement
In what country are you located?: United States
Time zone: EST
Character name(s): Dr. Swanson, Joseph Stella, Joe Vinclebom II
Civilian name: Joe Vinclebom
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?:
- Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

E-11 SPC
Nu-7 LCPL
Executive Researcher
Director of Research
Site Advisor
O5-5

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
One warning for failrp as I jumped into a vat of acid to avoid SCP-008 (long long time ago)

What makes you the best candidate for Overseer Assistant?:

Previous experience:

Given the vast majority of my time on the server I have been in high ranking administrative positions I am accustomed to how to act in a role where I may need to command parts of the site in the absence of higher ranking or if I was tasked to do so, ensuring whatever it was that I did have to take over for was done so effectivly and efficently.

Approchability and amicability:

While yes as a OA my job wouldnt necessarily be to be the friendliest or most outgoing person, being able to deal with situations and people in a calm and effective way without stirring more trouble is the most effective way of solving any disputes two other members of the server may have and is something I have consistently been able to do. On top of that it makes me more open for people to be able to direct any quesitons or concerns they may have with the O5 through me, a core purpose of the OAs job.

Undercover and documentative experience:

In my previous roles I had to become very good at both writing comprehencive documents on a variety of subjects as well as blending into a given enviorment, both being vital expereinces helpful in some of the duties that may be required of a OA

What are the responsibilities of Overseer Assistants in RP?:

Primarily to server as the face for the Overseer Council, acting, watching, and carrying out their orders as a stand in for proper O5 members. They also serve to watch the other members of the foundation and report any actions to the O5 Council that they may need to act on such as Code of Conduct violations on top of enforcing the Code of Conduct personally when needed.

Please give some lore about your Overseer Assistant character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Load Foundation Profile: "Dr. Swanson"

ERR: PREVIOUS PROFILE ERASED; CAUSE UNKNOWN
Compiling backup file for "Dr.Swanson"
Complete!

Doctor John R. Swanson
When Swanson was 25 he worked for the ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ institute based in Quebec, an international science organization created by the member nations of the UN to aid in scientific cooperation around the world. As director of the unknown entities division Swanson often had things brought to him most didn't quite understand but all around were not that hard to explain their function, anything that he couldn't explain quickly enough the higher ups just told him to throw it in the equivalent of a paper shredder or hand it off to the guards for destruction. For his duties Swanson often had to move around the world a lot to save the cost of transportation for these objects as the higher ups determined it would be more efficient if he just built field offices around where he was studying, it's not like his work mattered enough to get a true office anyway so who cared. On ▇▇/▇▇/▇▇▇▇ Swanson was deployed to the small town of Pinewood where a mysterious orange residue was found along the road after a recent attack on the nearby military base. When driving into town Swanson noticed the civilian population was seemingly in open rebellion against the base and their “tyrancial treatment towards the pinewood population”. When Swanson pulled up to the gate to investigate this he was quickly grabbed and dragged into the base for interrogation, after answering their basic questions and mentioning he was sent by the UN he was quickly let go and driven back to where his office was being set up, large amounts of gunfire were heard on his departure and the riots seemed to calm down soon after. Swanson then debated bringing up what was almost certainly a war crime whenever he got back to his higher ups though unbeknownst to him they would not be meeting for a while.

At 00:23 hours, after Swanson had set up a small containment chamber for the residue and went to bed. He heard a knock on his door, when he went to go answer it his door was blown down by two men in black one of whom shot him in the leg before realizing he was unarmed and had a small debate with each other over just killing him and taking the sample back to base before a beep could be heard on their radios and they decided to bring him in. From there he was briefed on the SCP Foundation, what it did, and his new position as a member of the research staff.

After a while the questions of his new position caught up with him however; not just the small things and the SCPs he was meant to be asking about but the function of the site, who was in charge, why were some things the way they were, did the foundation truly know what it was doing? The persistant knocking on his door may answer a handful of thoes questions...
_______

Additional Note: Yes I am aware I have made this a considerbly short time after returning, but I saw this position was already being contested and I felt I had to make an attempt to get it now so I could start doing the job I wanted to as soon as possible. But I assure you, activity will not be an issue with me and I have already gotten well acquainted with the server as it is currently.

Pulsewalker

May 24, 2022
Louisiana
+ SUPPORT
  • Consistently served as a fantastic addition to the O5 Council.
  • Documentation abilities are unmatched.
  • Creature incapable of aging.
  • Experience in previous CL4 & CL5 positions overqualifies him for the position.

Reactions: Dr. Swanson

Thorn

Mar 4, 2023

A message from the office of: O5-2 "████████"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1690857270785.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings, Cynic.

In regards to your application for OVERSEER ASSISTANT, after Council Vote; your application has been accepted Congratulations.

Please contact O5-2 at his email address for your next steps. (thorn#6299)

Welcome.​

Status
Not open for further replies.