Civilian name: N/A
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?:
-Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
-Nu-7
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
-N/A

Why are you applying for Chief of Medicine?
-One of the main reasons I am interested in this position would be the ability to guide and train new medical trainees as well as help new doctors feel more comfortable treating patients in a role-play scenario.

What makes you suitable for Chief of Medicine?:
-One of the greatest assets I would be able to bring to the team is my medical knowledge and experience, as I am in my 4th year in pre-medicine at my university. In addition, I have been an active member of the combat medic team, so I would also be able to provide new combat medics with the ins and outs of the new role.

Please explain an in-game medical procedure of your choice:
-Electroshock Therapy:
-First, you would bring the patient to a safe and secure area and ask them two questions beforehand "have you been resuscitated or revived in your current life" followed by, "do I have your consent to do the procedure?" With these questions asked, you would explain the procedure to the patient and advise them not to go into the light. Upon completion of EST, you can ask the patient how they feel, reassure them that the procedure went well, and begin providing first aid to them.

What are the responsibilities of the Chief of Medicine in RP?:
-The primary responsibility of the chief of medicine would fall under training and guiding new trainees and doctors, assisting people who request help in a role-play scenario, and assisting the director of medicine when needed.

Please give some lore about your Chief of Medicine character and what storylines they would be involved in:
-Dan McCarthy was a boy raised in Texas his whole life. Upon graduation from Texas A&M School of Medicine, he started looking to specialize in emergency medicine. A few weeks into his new job, a patent named [REDACTED] presented to the ER with an extreme biological hazard and was immediately put in isolation while the CDC was called; they advised the hospital to be put in lockdown. While observing the man in isolation, McCarthy noted a few symptoms that he appeared to have: Flu-like symptoms, high fever, necrotic tissue, and very discolored skin, although he was in a comatose-like state. A few hours later, a team arrived with special hazmat suits with a military look. They immediately began questioning the new doctor. Satisfied with the doctor's responses, they began to head into the isolation room, only for patient [REDACTED] to show signs of life and immediately jump up and start attacking one of the biohazard military personnel. Upon the attack, one of the biohazard's suites was torn open while the fighting ensued. A few minutes into the ordeal, additional biohazard military personnel arrived equipped with guns and quickly dispatched patient [REDACTED]. While looking over the room, the biohazard personnel noticed that one of them had a ripped suit and a scratch wound. Without hesitation, the armed personnel looked at his fellow soldier, said sorry, and he was dispatched as well. While the mess was being cleaned up, some of the biohazard military personnel walked around spraying a can of aerosolized substance on people stating it was to "prevent infection." Right before Doctor McCarthy got sprayed, he noticed that one of the soldiers dropped a card on the ground, and he picked it up and looked at it before giving it back to him. The card read SCP FOUNDATION: CLEARANCE LEVEL 4: MTF Beta-7 "Maz Hatters." As Doctor McCarthy handed the card back, he asked the biohazard researcher what the "Maz Hatters" were. He responded, "I can either take you with me, and you can join our community where we revolutionize medicine and fight diseases beyond your comprehension, or you can take a breath out of this can, and everything will return to normal." Doctor McCarthy was fascinated by his mention of revolutionizing medicine, and as the curious doctor he was, he took his chances with the military personnel. Upon walking out of the hospital, he was bound and blindfolded and told everything would be okay; he was knocked out. Upon regaining consciousness, he found himself in the med bay of what he now knows as site 56, where he is currently making strides to improve medicine and help his fellow foundation personnel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.