[USA] Director Darby's Letter of Intent for Site Advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gypsy Bard

Apr 20, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:56887776
Discord name: thegypsybard
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Roughly 11 months as of writing.
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: Central Standard Time (CST)
Character name(s): Darby
Civilian name: The Haruspex
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA

Do you have a mic?:

Yes, and it gets frequent use.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

Director of Research [HOLDING]
Overseer Assistant [HOLDING]
Executive Researcher [HOLDING]
CI-B [HOLDING]
SCP-096 [HOLDING]
MTF E-11 SGT [HELD]

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:

An old warning for FailRP when I didn't know some rules.

Why are you applying for Site Advisor?

I have spent quite a number of hours pouring over research documentation, guiding the next generation of researchers, and otherwise working to establish a viable and engaging RP atmosphere amongst the server population. This has involved a lot of give and take with administration. A lot of give and take. Working at the level I have been for the last few months has taught me that it takes a lot of dedication and elbow grease to keep the ol' wheels churning on the server. While my personal goals were the betterment of RP itself, we all had to do our part to make sure every experience was a fun and memorable one when visiting this community. Well, I think the best thing I can do is to offer my experience and expertise in an area that would benefit from it. A few key points to consider:

• I've gained extensive experience managing and maintaining various documentation, both within the server and using external tools such as Gdocs.
  • I regularly make my presence known on the server, and have taken steps to connect various groups together to make interesting stories together.
  • When I put my mind to something, I get it done. Whether it be the completion of research projects or RP scenarios, I can be a driven individual.
Admittedly, Site Administration was the first role I ever wanted in the server, prior to my fascination with the research department. While I've considered applying before now, I was more interested in maintaining a positive influence within my favorite department until I felt I had done the most good.

What makes you suitable for Site Administration?:

A simple question with a series of simple answers. The biggest reason is because I am both willing and capable of carrying out the job. More specific reasons to this effect, however, are as follows:

• With Executive and Director put together, I have over 9 months of constant Cl4 experience.
  • I am in regular contact with other departmental heads/MTF commanders and have coordinated joint efforts therein.
  • I'm very easily found when on site and very often speak with most members of site staff. It is rare that I'm not available to help.
  • Together with my executive team I have worked to fix what problems we can find within research to the best of my ability.
  • I am active without making the mistake of burning myself out with too much consecutive playtime, thus ensuring positive attitude.

What are the responsibilities of Site Administration in RP?:

Administrative

• Advisors are given a supervisory role over at least one department within the facility. It is their job to ensure the department leadership is both functioning as intended and being managed as expected by the administration and Site Command alike.
  • Additionally they must become very familiar with the Directors of their given department(s) in order to foster a productive relationship therein.
  • Chief among their duties is the monthly department reviews, a series of interviews that ultimately culminate in a cohesive summary of how Site Administration believes a given department is performing under the current leadership.
  • While generally the responsibility of the Site Director, there will be times when relations with GOI influences must be maintained, both in an active sense and behind the scenes.
  • Similar to Executive, other members of the department hold crucial opinions in regards to future members when discussed with the Director.

Authorization

• Advisors possess the authority to allow MTF regiments to retrieve weaponry from AA when necessary. Standard protocol is MTF NCO+.
  • Some tests require the involvement of Site Administration. This is true of Keter -> Euclid tests, specifically.
  • Should a Code-2 be active for too long and circumstance permit, sweeps can be authorized for D-block to quell the riots.
  • Visiting GOI or other non-site personnel can be given entry into the facility so long as secrecy is maintained where necessary.

Please give some lore about your Site Administration character and what storylines they would be involved in:

//Access_Logs//

"What do you mean, you placed a live grenade inside 999?"
. . .
"No, Mr. Stanley. There is never a reason for you to carry heavy ordinance within the facility. Yes, that includes 'to stop terrorists.' Are you unstable?"
. . .
"If you take a look at the third line here, you can see that I have placed an indenta- What the- IA! Stop that junior that ran by, he's kidnapping an Advisor!"
. . .
"Just- Enough. I need my smoke break."

It has been growing and growing over the weeks as they come and go with the relentless flow of time. This numbness that has steadily been taking the place of what was once compassionate determination. I used to find joy in my work, joy discovering just what all had lied just beyond the pale that made up human consciousness. I cannot fathom if it is the work I do or my own condition, but I feel... missing. Like I have taken a wrong headway in a calm ocean that extends in every direction. What's worse is that I'm starting to not care what happens to these subjects. There- That right there. Subjects. I haven't thought of them as anything more than assets to be used and discarded in months. Even writing it down like this feels distant, like I'm observing another stand in my place and direct my limbs to a sombre melody all their own.
I think it is time to move on, while the effects are relatively restrained to myself. If ethical concerns are the problem, then I'll just apply my expertise somewhere that I can focus my newfound efficiency. Better to do so now before █ ███████ ███████ █████ ███████ ███ ███████████ █ █████ █████.

// ERROR // // UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION// // RELOAD_Y/N? //

// ERROR // // INSUFFICENT_ACCESS // // CLEARANCE_██ REQUIRED //

Darbo

Mar 7, 2023
+Support guy does good stuff sometimes
has done and made great changes as dor more than qualified

also my alt

Astra

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Jun 17, 2023
+Support
- Great RP Leader
- Amazing DOR
- Overall the best pick for Site Advisor

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
+support

he has cleaned up research and put it into a stable position.
I believe my man should be able to rest and a new DoR should be able to claim the throne (finally)

Basharhalo

Apr 1, 2023
Hawally, Kuwait
+/- Neutral
-You have the experience necessary for SA, and the right attitude, but that activity man.
Maybe you could show a pic of your vtime?

The Guardian

Sep 22, 2023
+ Support
It's Darby man.
Good leader, good RP, solid head on his shoulders and is mature.

(Make this man the Admin on God)

Lunaria

Nov 24, 2022
+Support
Should've been given this position ages ago. Darby, as a DoR, has worked very hard. I've had the pleasure of working with him very closely as both an executive and current DoR and can say with confidence he would do good to be in SA. SA can always use more people that are both able to facilitate good RP and do administrative duties. If you can't do both you have no place in SA at all. Darby can defiantly do both shown through his past work on the research department helping to bring it from inactivity through hard work as well as managing relations with other departments such as E-11; keeping them updated on everything that's going on within the department. Darby needs to be able to spread his wings further than the research department, to not do so would be a major loss to the Foundation.

Dr. Swanson

Jul 24, 2022
+Support

Time and time again Darby has proven his skills in leadership, in administration, in spearheading roleplay, and his dedication to his department above all else. Because of that Darby has shown to be a great leader not only within the research department, but the entire site, so its only natural for him to begin acting in a more offical role that fits that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.