[USA] Gordon Gudgeon's Executive Researcher Application

Gordon Gudgeon

Sep 20, 2023
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:150023700

Discord name:
Kukoorooza

For how long have you played on CG SCP:
I’ve played for a total of about 733 hours.
1726540572978.png

In what country are you located?:
United States

Time zone:
EST

Character name(s):
Gordon Gudgeon
Gilbert Gudgeon

Civilian name:
Garold Gudgeon

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?:
Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
CI Alpha (Held)
Executive Researcher (Held)
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
I received a warning back when I started playing on the server for RDM. I was a D-class and stabbed someone for no reason. I’ve since understood what was wrong with that behavior and would not want to do anything of the sort again.

1726540554081.png

-
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
There are a few reasons:
  1. I enjoy doing research immensely. Even in the context of a game,there are lots of things to be tested and found out. Add roleplay and a bit of imagination into the mix, and you can test for anything and have as much fun with it as you want.
  2. I like teaching other people things that they want to learn. As an executive researcher, teaching other researchers is an important responsibility and one that I am willing to embrace fully. I already try to show people their way around a study, becoming an executive would make it official and make me a lot more approachable for questions.
  3. I was an executive twice before but I had to retreat from playing SCP RP for a while for a while. Now, I would like to continue where I left off.
-
What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
  1. I am good at communicating - both my ideas and feelings. As such, I will persevere at guiding other researchers, with maximum tolerance.
  2. I am responsible. If I am asked to do something, I will do my best to do it. If I am required to attend a meeting, I will attend it. If a researcher needs my help, I will do my best to help them.
  3. I am on during hours when other researchers are unavailable. Oftentimes, I am on during off-peak hours and can perform executive duties when others are unavailable.
  4. I am creative. Any researcher has to be creative in terms of RP and in terms of game mechanics. This is especially true for an executive researcher. I am usually pretty good at both.
-
How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
I have 20-30 excellent graded documents. I’ve lost a few templates, so I am not 100% sure how many. There are three main components that make a document excellent:
  1. Creativity. If there is no creativity behind a document, it is unlikely to become an excellent. Creativity can even be displayed in the most boring of papers. For example, just answering the question “What happens if a person reads SCP-1025?” is not particularly creative. On the other hand answering “What is the probability of getting each ailment from SCP-1025?” has a little more creativity behind it, since it is a lot less straightforward.
  2. Cohesiveness. Even if a document is a fountain of creativity, the ideas need to be represented in a cohesive fashion. Even the most creative person can feel like an copy machine without the ability to express themselves properly.
  3. Formatting. There is a set format that every researcher striving to produce an excellent document must follow. There is a multitude of ideas to express your thoughts, but all foundation papers must follow a set format to maximize efficiency of communication with other researchers and support a sense of uniformity within the research department.
-
What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
  1. Provide advice to other researchers. This can be advice at any stage of their research. Even help with coming up with research topics.
  2. Grade papers. Pretty self-explanatory. Need to review papers and give them a grade based on research guidelines. Also provide specific feedback, upon request.
  3. Approve credits.
  4. Ensure all researchers follow rules pertinent to a researcher. Give out punishments as required.
  5. Conduct research of CL4+ SCPs.
-
Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Gordon Gudgeon’s backstory is available here.

Gordon Gudgeon has also been involved with several RP-heavy stories. I will summarize two of my favorites. I changed how some events played out exactly for better flow and simplicity but the story is effectively unchanged. Please ask me for details if interested.
Story 1:
In a bold experiment within site 65, Dr. Gordon Gudgeon sought to test the limits of SCP-096's resilience by exposing it to SCP-409's crystalline infection. With strict protocols, a D-class was infected with SCP-409 moments before being introduced to SCP-096’s containment chamber, everyone involved wearing scramble goggles to avoid triggering SCP-096’s lethal rage.

As the crystalline infection began to manifest on the D-class, he was placed near SCP-096, initiating a tense wait to see if SCP-409 could compromise SCP-096's notorious regenerative abilities. Initially, SCP-409 seemed to affect SCP-096, which surprisingly showed no aggression, even in its increasingly crystalline state—a momentary lapse that hinted at vulnerability.

However, SCP-096's remarkable recovery abilities soon prevailed, shaking off the crystalline growths with unforeseen rapidity. In a sudden burst of violence, SCP-096 terminated the D-class, his brief immunity to SCP-096's rage state overridden by its innate survival mechanisms.

This experiment, concise yet fraught with peril, revealed both the potential and the limits of using SCP entities against each other. Dr. Gudgeon's attempt provided valuable insights but also underscored the unpredictability and danger inherent in tampering with SCPs.

Story 2: (I am pretty sure this was an April fools joke but I still like it)

In a peculiar twist within the SCP Foundation, Dr. Gordon Gudgeon and several colleagues reported sightings of an inexplicable entity, unique in that each observed it independently, yet no surveillance could capture its presence. This anomaly, unseen by others and elusive to technology, suggested a potent psychological or perceptual influence, targeting individuals rather than masses.

Recognizing the gravity of their experiences, the Foundation swiftly quarantined the witnesses in Med Bay, a collective measure despite the individual nature of their encounters. The isolation aimed to contain any potential spread of what appeared to be a highly selective cognitohazard.

Within the confines of the Med Bay, despite their shared ordeal, each member grappled with their own version of the entity, a testament to its bewilderingly personal impact. The Foundation, confronted with the challenge of treating a seemingly untreatable psychological affliction, opted for a radical yet necessary intervention: the administration of amnestics.

This intervention erased the immediate memories of the entity, a measure of last resort to ensure the mental well-being of the affected staff. While successful in stabilizing their conditions, the erasure left Dr. Gudgeon and his colleagues with a lingering sense of unease, a remnant of an experience now lost to them, highlighting the unpredictable and often isolating nature of anomalies within the SCP Foundation.

RatGod

Apr 5, 2024
Incoming Message...
Message Received!

To: GordonGudgeon@Foundation .org
Subject: Application moving onto next phase: Interview

Dear Gordon Gudgeon,
thank you for your application into the position of Executive Researcher. I am happy to inform you that your application has been approved for the next stage of the promotion process! Please reach out to me (ratgod101 on the discord) to schedule your interview. We are excited to speak with you, and hopefully welcome you into Research Leadership if the interview goes well.

Sincerely, Barry 'Blue' Uriah | BarryUriah11011@Foundation .org

Reactions: Gordon Gudgeon

Gordon Gudgeon

Sep 20, 2023
-Support

You were a good executive however I believe one of the current Executives deserve Director instead
Yeah, not planning to go for director just yet lol Definitely should be one of the executives who have been hard at work in the past few months