Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:231703558

Discord name: voodka#9285

For how long have you played on CG SCP: Since I've started playing again I believe I have 2 days of continuous gameplay in VTime, otherwise I've been playing for about 9 months, including the three or four week break I took from Civil Networks.

In what country are you located?: U.S.

Time zone: PST

Character name(s): Harold Hawks, Craig Perkins

Civilian name: Harold Hawks

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?: Yes

-

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: CI-A, Nu-7 CSG, Overseer Assistant, IA Ambassador, Director of IA, and for a brief period of time ECM.

-

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: None.

-

Why are you applying for Internal Affairs Ambassador?: I want to become an Ambassador again so that I can begin my career once more in helping further the site's performance and wellbeing. As an Ambassador I will be able to mould agents into compassionate and thoughtful individuals and assist in helping others to know our legal codes which is something I enjoy doing. As a CL4 I was able to handle situations differently just because I was an authority figure, like sometimes instead of following through with an arrest I would have a tech expert and a chef who were in dispute or who had assaulted one another simply apologize to the other one sincerely and I loved seeing them improve right then and there. It's much easier to have better interactions as an Ambassador than it is as an agent.

-

What makes you suitable for Internal Affairs Ambassador?: Alongside my past experience, I believe in the time I have been back I have shown a considerably high upswing in performance and professionalism. Recently as an agent I have helped new agents with things they did not understand along with upholding the legal codex in arrests and in general operations. My management abilities come easily to me and having been with IA for so long I know all of the standard operating procedures. In the time I have been back I believe I have just about familiarized myself with all the changes and should be able to work optimally.

-

How many documents have you written? What makes a document good?: None since I've been back, though I know that the best documents include your name, the perpetrator, the victims (if applicable), the date, the crime and a summary of the incident with a nice signature to top it off. All in a good format with no grammar, spelling or punctuation errors of course.

-

What are the responsibilities of the Internal Affairs Ambassador in RP?: The responsibilities of an IA Ambassador in RP is to train new agents, give training exercises to current agents to keep things fresh for them, handle disciplinary matters with MTF, CL4, and other IA agents, assign patrols/watchpoints for IA agents and make sure they're acting properly as agents of internal affairs.

-
NOTE: Some content was copied from my previous ambassador application linked here https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/us-harolds-ia-ambassador-application.13996/ .
-

Please give some lore about your Internal Affairs Ambassador character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Preface:
My life as Harold Hawks is ongoing and all-encompassing in every sense of the word. As such, some chapters are copied from previous applications to other positions and will be noted where they came from in their titles. The last chapter is always the most relevant.

Chapter 1 (Ambassador Application):

A strong believer in ethics and justice, along with entertainment, Harold Hawks is a mixed bag.

Often he was known as a "tattletale" growing up, but Harold never saw himself like that. He thought that people acted wrong and immature too often and that the best way to fix it would be to talk with them and have a laugh over it or if it was serious then report them to an official whether that be a teacher for a classmate hurting someone or a police officer for an adult causing a public disturbance.

He came under the foundation's notice after reporting his corporate superiors at work to the FBI for abusing SCP-4951 for manipulation of the stock market. Of course, the foundation intercepted the report, bagged the corporate leaders, the new SCP and covered up the whole operation. Lastly, they offered Harold Hawks a job for his service, or hinted at forgetting the entire situation if he so chose. Of course he was sick of the corporate world after the whole charade and saw this as a good out so he took the opportunity.

Harold Hawks is a Catholic man, though since being picked up by the foundation he hasn't gone to church or read the bible in ages. He often finds himself at grips with what the foundation does. Their mission to protect the world from anomalies takes precedent, even over God. For if the world were to be destroyed, God's creation goes with it. At the very least, he believes that he should try his hardest to find the kindest and most enjoyable way to assist the foundation.

Because of his personality, he first joined the intelligence department and after dutiful service, the IA department. Though it seemed like a very serious position, he thought he could bring a positive light to it by being the "good cop." He would explain where people went wrong, discuss with people their current standing and try to be lenient with punishments based on the context of everything going on- though he wasn't afraid to be strict if the situation called for it. He was the type of agent that had more talks than he did arrests and for these reasons he was finally promoted to become an ambassador where he would begin the next chapter of his career in Internal Affairs.

Chapter 2 (OA Application):

During an interim period between Harold's career in Internal Affairs and his time before the foundation, Harold had joined the Department of External Affairs (at the time known as the intelligence department) where he had been specially selected for an elite sub-unit known as [REDACTED] or informally as [REDACTED] Suffice to say, he participated in a multitude of operations focused on investigating for threats or plots against the foundation and most importantly threats to the [REDACTED]. His codename was Agent [REDACTED] due to his aversion to the way they operated. Harold sometimes had doubts, though he always followed through in the end because he knew his actions were justified. Above all-else, Harold knew one important truth that would carry him on the rest of his days:

The foundation can not fail.

There is no scenario where the foundation fails, because without the foundation there would be nothing- he was sure of this. And he would do his damndest to ensure it stays that way, whatever is needed.

During the largest operation of his career, focused on discovering treasonous individuals within the foundation, his unit was abruptly disbanded by [EXPUNGED] who had soon after lost his position for reasons unknown. The operation and its materials had been exposed yet the evidence declared as propaganda and it is assumed that all criminals who were nearly unmasked had ceased their actions. Things seemed to calm down and life had to move on. Agent [REDACTED] went into the shadows and Internal Affairs Ambassador Harold Hawks emerged.
Yet even during his service as Internal Affairs leadership, Harold always felt a yearning as though he could be doing more. That he has to be doing more. And so, he applied to become an assistant to "site inspection" where he would go on to do much greater things.

Chapter 3 (DoIA Application):

Life continued.

As a site inspection assistant, Harold was mostly given tasks involving interviewing personnel and assessing the state of affairs on-site. Sometimes more- or less- needed to be said and done for the site to stay "optimal". This part of the job was to be expected with the known stigma that comes with site inspection but it was always going to be shocking, if not simply fresh, being the IA man he was. Necessity, context, situation, were words that pinged into his mind constantly when considering the best way to proceed. Some actions were unnecessary and were thus avoided as much as possible. Other actions needed to be taken to preserve the site's integrity and were executed without hesitation.

Nevertheless, his humanity persevered. Mainly because it was a fun job regardless.

As Harold crept deeper and deeper into site politics, learning more about where things fell out of place, he felt a certain stability and certainty with internal affairs and made his mark there as an ambassador. Through much pain and effort, Harold had done his best to give internal affairs a good name and make it a better place. So when Ethics Committee Member Dalton had been promoted out of Deputy Director of IA, Harold saw his chance to join IA's upper echelon and submitted his application to become the Deputy to Director Barry O'Cociner, a man who puzzled him, but that he still deeply respected for the effort and care that he put into his position. This was something Harold was sure to emulate in his own way when he would be accepted as the next Deputy.

Chapter 4 (ECM Application):

Eventually Harold made the decision to make his interest in joining the Ethics Committee known. Like a lad leaving love letters at the door of his lady, Harold sent an email to the Ethics Committee quite plainly questioning if any available positions were open as he would be interested in stepping up. At the time Harold had known many horrible things about the site, some things that were well above his paygrade, but deeper knowledge of the things that occurred in the CL5 corridor of the SCP Foundation were still mysterious to him and he was always hungry for knowledge. More than that he was hoping to have a chance to prove himself worthy as he never could shake that feeling that stopping at one spot in his career was enough. Sure he recently had that feeling but with the passing of Ambassador Supervisor Vad and the resignation of former Director Marcus, his fervor had been renewed, feeling as though he was still needed.

From this feeling finally birthed a need to do even greater things. Days after Harold had left his love letter (email) on the doorstep of his lady (inbox of the Ethics Committee), he was innocently enough in his office writing an arrest report when an ambassador stepped in to pass him a coffee and swiftly left. As Harold drank the coffee he felt more tired than ever, an unexpected side effect of coffee, when he finally collapsed at his desk for a well deserved rest (after being poisoned with sleeping drugs.)

Upon waking up Harold yawned and looked for his papers but his desk was clear. No coffee either. In fact his desk had been replaced with a blank table. As he looked around more he noticed he was in a dark room with the only light around shining on him and a dim light shining from above. As Harold looked up he recognized the dark outlines of members of the Ethics Committee- minus one key member who had passed days before. Smiling slightly, Harold kicked his legs up onto the table and said "I just knew you couldn't stay away." The figure who resembled Walter Unrich seemed to sigh at this.

"We have made a decision," said the man in the middle. "Your interest has been noted. Your application to become a member of the Ethics Committee has been..."

Chapter 5:

"...accepted." Harold was ecstatic. He was given a chance to jump higher and do even more for the foundation yet throughout his short career as an Ethics Member, Harold never really gave much thought to this question: what is the primary function that Ethics Members do? "Well," Harold thought, "they set the Code of Ethics, authorize tribunals and manage the site." However managing the site is not a job for Ethics, that's a job for Site Administration. From this misconstruence grew an exceeding... grievance.. with Harold and the rest of the Ethics Committee that was brought up sporadically during an average Site Administration meeting. After some heated words were exchanged, Harold threw down his metaphorical hat, left the meeting and searched for greener pastures. During this search he betrayed a dear friend to keep the site operational, and that mishap mixed up with his anxiety due to his faults in not understanding his job properly seemed to be too much. He quickly resigned and took a sabbatical from the Foundation as a whole to get his priorities straight. Before he left, Omega-1 required him to be Class-E amnesticized of all CL4 and CL5 knowledge, as he would no longer be privy to such things, and he accepted peacefully.

Upon coming back from his sabbatical, Harold decided to reignite himself from his roots as an IA Agent where things had all began to get back into the motion of things. On his first day back, with his ego full of the thoughts of being one of the almighty Ethics Members and IA Directors, he went in and dicked around. This caused him to lose his agent credentials very quickly by one of his own previous ambassadors and thusly he truly was starting from the bottom up. After a rather quick feeling of regret, he picked himself up and pledged to do better. He fell in line with the rest of the agents and kickstarted his career again with the end goal being to help the foundation once more. After time had passed of substantial agent work, he applied to become an ambassador once again. Lessons have been learned and things will be different this time around, he knew this in his heart and he would see it through.

Rowling

Jan 14, 2023
+Support
this dude was so good at his job I hated him…

Now do it again and return to The Committee.

Better than Jonker fr fr ong

Attachments

• IMG_8271.jpeg
    IMG_8271.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 4

Josher

Jan 17, 2023
Good Afternoon. I would like to start this message by thanking you for taking the time to apply for the IA ambassador position. After unanimous voting from the team we have come to the conclusion that you are to be accepted. Contact me next time you are on site for your training.

Signed: Director Lucius "Ignotus" Callum

Reactions: blixer
Status
Not open for further replies.