Mar 9, 2024
Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:49540707
Discord name: Terry (@terry.a)
For how long have you played on CG SCP: ~ Approx. 3-4 Months
In what country are you located?: United States
Time zone: Pacific
-

Character name(s): Terry
Note: The name is actually "Terry [roman numeral] (the [#])" wherein I change the # every time I die. It's a personal lore I do as RP for my character. My name right now is something like "Terry CXXXV (the 135th)." I write out what number it is because many people can't read roman numerals that high.
Civilian name: N/A
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes
-

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
None
-

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
None
-

Why are you applying for Internal Affairs Ambassador?
I'm applying for this role because I want to be exposed to and experience a higher level of problem-solving and engagement within the department and foundation as a whole. On my first day I read through each of the different departmental responsibilities and picked out IA as the one that most interested me. I made it my goal to reach the level required to join IA and eventually after many hours, days, and weeks of work in different departments, I made it. I took the test and passed it on my first try and I've enjoyed it ever since. I enjoy problem solving and this is the place where I have fun doing it. My favorite part of this role is how multifaceted it is, one moment you're charging someone for a conduct issue, the next you're assisting in an emergency, then you're observing a strange test, then you're talking to a task force about an incident; I find myself having unique experiences on an almost daily basis and I'm able to contribute something of value to the RP each time.
-

What makes you suitable for Internal Affairs Ambassador?:
I have a lengthy history of relevant professional and personal experience that makes me suitable for supervising internal affairs matters, handling a clearance 4 role, and just interacting with people in an effective manner. Without getting too personal, I will say that I have over several years of online administrative & community management experience as well as professional experience in roles that required me to deal with urgent, pertinent, or sensitive matters with tact and due care. At heart, I am a policy writer (an activity I've engaged in plenty of times elsewhere/before), so I find myself capable of understanding and interpreting implemented policies quite well.

As mentioned above, I love the multifunctional nature of IA; I also believe that IA's primary role as an internal investigative body is really a mashup of responsibilities between a human resources representative, an internal security unit, and a mediator. I often engage in behavior aside from just arresting people; I find that what makes an IA agent good is their ability to look at the totality of a circumstance and gauge what action or decision will most effectively remedy the problem.

Sometimes it's not just jamming someone into a cell right away, rather, my discretion often leads me to talk to people and explain problems to work through them (including when talking to the original complainant - because sometimes they themselves also take part in solving the problem). I also find myself acting as a detective more often than naught because I need to extract details and information from people instead of just accepting extremely broad statements such as "this guy did X." There's usually two sides to a story and, although sometimes things are cut and dry, or you've just got a troll on your hands, part of being good at RP is talking to people, understanding them, and making them understand you. I am surprised when some serious accusations are reduced to trivial affairs after the disagreeing parties simply have an opportunity to communicate with an inquisitive third-party present acting as a mediator.

I know I don't know everything. I try my best to stay up to date on the goings-on of everything here but there's new things and tidbits I learn almost every time I log on. Sometimes it's knowledge about one SCP or another, other times it's a new policy that another department implemented, or it's something completely different or sometimes trivial. Regardless, however, the morale of this story is that I am receptive to new information because I might know what I know, but I also acknowledge that there are plenty of little things that I am yet to learn about the foundation as a whole and I'm sure this role will let me be exposed to those lessons with humbleness. Most importantly, I know when to ask questions and I stray away from making a fool of myself by pretending to know what I'm talking about when I don't; I make it a point to ask for guidance when needed or simply tell someone "I'm sorry but I don't know the answer, try asking [best idea of who may know]" (or sometimes finding the answer for them!).

I often find myself trying to help with questions or situations; whether it be answering a Jr. Researcher's question about research authorization, helping coordinate foundation-wide emergencies by hitting an alarm or asking for a status update when nobody else is able to, or something small like rescuing someone that got lost in HCZ. I find that I often seek out actions to address or fill whatever gap needs to be addressed in a present situation's totality.

Example:
Just yesterday I found myself in the midst of a disagreement between unnamed person and unnamed person's supervisor over a policy alteration issued by their leadership. I tried to provide unnamed person some alternative perspective/viewpoints that might help them better understand why the policy they were so upset about might've been changed. Moments like these are beyond the scope of any official IA responsibility but they are part of what I find to be important in the grand scheme of Internal Affairs and the foundation; engaging in thoughtful and respectful discussions to ensure everyone is able to be heard, problems are able to be solved, and order is maintained.

Time Zone:
Typically when I play, I often do so between 9PM-Midnight Pacific time. During these hours, there is often a noticeable understaffing within most departments. I could help fill some of that gap in coverage.
-

How many documents have you written? What makes a document good?:
I have filed a couple dozen research documents, though, I have not yet had the fortune to come across an investigation complex enough to really warrant the creation of an internal affairs report. Not to fret! Despite not having written one, I've done my reading and have enough real life and personal knowledge/experience to know what goes into a good incident/informational report document.

I pride myself in knowing with full confidence that if I were to ever find myself handling a more sensitive or complex affair that actually necessitated the creation of an incident report, I would be more than capable of creating a clean, well-written, and grammatically correct report detailing the who, what, when, where, how, and why of whatever it is I found myself dealing with. I believe the ability to include these details in a manner that effectively communicates the facts to the reader is what makes a document "good" and effective.
-

What are the responsibilities of the Internal Affairs Ambassador in RP?:
Being a "supervisor" in a department as essential and multipurposed as IA comes with a bag of duties and responsibilities that might best be described by the word "flexible."

My primary responsibility as an Ambassador would be to directly supervise and monitor IA agents/operatives, answer their questions, respond to their escalation requests, and ensure the overall smooth operation of the department's 'day-to-day' responsibilities (e.g. responding to and handling policy/conduct/ethics violations). Additional responsibilities include responding to and investigating more sensitive reports or arrests against higher clearance individuals, providing introductions/guidance/testing to new agents/operatives, issuing work permits, and being the internal affairs of internal affairs by investigating violations committed by CL3 IA personnel. I would get to do all of that while also continuing to perform the responsibilities of an agent when needed.

Non-prescribed duties (the flexible ones) are the litany of tasks and responsibilities that CL4 members should be capable of adapting to if they find themselves in the midst of a sensitive or emergent situation which requires their attention. Whether it be providing guidance to foundation personnel outside of the IA department, doing one's best to coordinate sensitive CL4 affairs between departments, or being one of the few people entrusted with one of the highest levels of access privilege with regard to confidential information and site security.
-

Please give some lore about your Internal Affairs Ambassador character and what storylines they would be involved in:
[Original Character Lore] Terry is a former CIA employee who was transferred to Site 65 permanently as a form of retaliation by his former supervisor whom he threw a stapler at for denying his paid-time-off request.

[Updated Lore] Once Terry arrived at Site 65, he began experiencing strange symptoms that nobody in the medical team could explain. Eventually one of the researchers labelled his condition "Likely Exposure to SCP-#Unknown" and no further documented update has occurred since. Terry is known to experience sudden and almost instantaneous reincarnation upon any form of 'medical death' he experiences, though the reincarnation process also leaves out the last few hours of his memory, often leaving him confused about how he 'died' and why he is back in his office or bed. One doctor hypothesized that this was likely a form of defense mechanism implemented by whatever curse or effect causes Terry to reincarnate, which effectively prevents him from ever remembering his cause of death or what led up to it. Terry has started keeping track of his death-count to help him better gauge his state. Personnel throughout the facility are often in awe of how his numbers keep rising. One person yesterday even remarked "Terry you gotta stop dying man" and Terry simply acknowledged and agreed.

After transferring from the General Security department to the Internal Affairs department, Terry's overall "deathrate" dropped which helped ease some of his more serious symptoms. Terry found great enjoyment in his work and even put in some paperwork to try getting a promotion. He's hopeful and in spite of the stapler incident that got him here, he couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

Asmodeus

Jun 8, 2024
+Support
+A Great Guy Overall
+Great Roleplayer
+already has experience for SCPRP from previous servers
+Has played alot during offpeak hours have seen him around

- Support (Died 135 times skill issue)

• Haha
Reactions: Terry_A

Raixin

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Mar 17, 2024
SCP ACCEPT.png

Hello, @Terry_A

After a discussion with our Ambassador team we to ACCEPT your application for ambassador, please get into contact with me to go over your induction.

Director of Internal Affairs, Riley 'Raixin' Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.