Status
Not open for further replies.

James Anderson

Feb 24, 2024
Name: James "Bear" Anderson
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:543398710
Please state if it is for SCP-RP UK or USA: USA
Level of appeal (2 or 3): 2
Have you already carried out a level 1 appeal - please give details: Yes i have, however i would like to point out that i feel this was handled improperly, my reason for this was that SA did not at all give me a change to explain my side of the story before demoting me, on top of this when i was given a chance to talk to the new site director about this he stated “Justify to me your reinstatement when you did not show improvement after our final warning”. After doing so he told me it was a “rhetorical question” essentially wasting my time and leading to further aggravation.
Who did you carry out the level 1 appeal to, and where: SD Marvin Garden/ Ex SD "Skyfire"
Rank demoted from: Major
Who demoted you?: SA
Date of demotion?: 08/03/2024
What is the case against you?: The current “case” against me is as follows: I was playing on internal affairs, a completely separate job from E11, and allegedly took an ISD disguise and ran away with it. I was also accused of “showing a problematic attitude ” to an ambassador, and running from the ambassador.
Is this true?: If I were asked the question, “Is this true?” I could not give a simple yes or no answer. This was partially true; however, it is severely lacking context from my side of the story, as well as from the personnel involved in the situation, which I will explain later in my side of the story.
Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: Yes, once from E11 LTCOM. By the same SA team, i decided not to appeal farther as i did not want to create more drama in public
Please list any previous roleplay demotion appeals: https://civilnetworks.net/community...on-level-2-demotion-appeal.26453/#post-186455
What is your side of the story?: I will start by addressing the allegation of me taking an ISD disguise and provide further context that was not yet brought to light. I was on duty as an Internal Affairs agent when I attempted to claim the disguise of a Junior Researcher and Omega. One operative walked in front of me as I was doing so, and I accidentally took his disguise. I immediately showed complete transparency to the operative from whom the disguise was taken and informed him that it was an honest mistake. He informed me that I must get rid of it as soon as possible, so I descended down an elevator to find someone to replace the disguise with. They may have mistaken this for me attempting to run away with the disguise. It was later cleared up that this was not the case, and I was allowed to continue my duties once I showed that I was no longer in possession of the disguise. Furthermore, no action was taken against me by the on-duty Ambassador or the 01 operative's as they both understood that it was a simple misunderstanding. The second allegation of me “showing a problematic attitude” refers to a situation where I was having a conversation with an Ambassador about whether ERT personnel are Clearance Level 4 or Clearance Level 3. I briefly explained how they only have bio-access to Clearance Level 3 and that the only purpose of them having a Clearance Level 4 card is to activate bulkheads and access certain rooms where an SCP might be hiding. The Ambassador did not seem to view my explanation as an issue, and therefore, no action was taken against me. I am unsure why Site Administration has a different opinion and is calling this a “problematic attitude.” On top of that, SA also accused me of "running from the Ambassador when you were being asked about it," which is not true. After the Ambassador and I finished our conversation, I walked away to continue my duties.
Final notes: I would like to close with some final thoughts. I feel that Site Administration has made a mistake in demoting me. I should have been asked for the context and my side of the story, and the relevant people should have been interviewed or spoken to. I believe that this was a very rushed decision by SA, and it was the wrong one. I urge the O5 Council to conduct a more thorough investigation into this matter, and I hope they will see that this was not the right decision.

Feb 12, 2023
Hello, my name is Jack 'HOUND' Tescarossa I am the IA Ambassador mentioned in this story and this is my opinion on this, if u have any questions dm me in discord @ thearabianhound :

1- I never got mad or angry at james because we are having a conversation man to man, agent to ambassador, player to player just like most CN players would

2- I was frustrated because things were coming up left and right [wont mention what they were IRL or ingame if u wish to know DM me] and the SA saw me typing '...' in chat and assumed I was angry/mad at james

3- IA handbook never mentions if ERT disguise are allowed or not, the person who demoted james even confirmed this in ambassador comms [DM for picture]

4- SA said james ran away which he didn't, him opening the door to go continue his duties isn't considered running, plus the conversation was over

Aug 22, 2022
Hello, I am the Omega-1 operative that James accidently took,
To start with this, James Anderson did in fact take my disguise on accident, he addressed this to me in Security Sector, and showed me his disguise that he accidently took, he was 100% honest and said he meant to snatch a researchers disguise and accidently sniped me, it was a miscommunication when he went down the elevator, I thought that he was fleeing but he was going to change his disguise, I just had a misunderstanding of him.

Sep 23, 2023
Hello i'm the O1 who put a AOS on him
James told us asap he had the disguise on him and show it to us when we told him to change it he decided to go to delta in the SS elevator.When i saw him get away and laugh i thought he was about to do bad things with it but no he Switch disguise surrender when we found him and talked with a ambassador about it.There were no Evil thought behind James actions it was just a pure accident and it was deal with really quickly i don't think it should be a reason to be demoted for that.

Last edited:
Appeal Partially Accepted

Hi James,

Thanks for taking the time to make a roleplay demotion appeal.

After having reviewed Site Administration's decision to remove you from the Epsilon-11 regiment, we have come to the conclusion that a removal was not appropriate given the evidence available, and as such was unreasonable. We have, however, also taken into consideration general conduct such as the DEA strike and behaviour past the 2 warnings, which is why you may be reinstated into Epsilon-11 as a Command Sergeant if you so choose. If you decide to take up on this offer you will be put on a 3 week trial period before the 2 existing strikes expire fully.
Thank you for your understanding.

If you believe that there was bias against you in this decision, you may make a Level 3 appeal.

- O5-4
Representing the Overseer Council

Status
Not open for further replies.