[USA] Jonker "Ignotus" ECM application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josher

Jan 17, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:236436890
Discord name: johantheballer
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Since November so roughly 11 months. More then 3/4 of that time was spent in ambassador position and now DoIA
In what country are you located?: USA
Time zone: EST
Character name(s): Jonker "Ignotus, "Jotler", Jonker Aschwabim
Civilian name: Jonker Aschwabim
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): USA
Do you have a mic?: My PC mic does not work but I can get on my phone in TS or wherever to do the interview.
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: E11 CPL - HELD E11 PVT - HELD 096 - HOLDING CI-D - HOLDING -DOIA - HOLDING ECA - HELD
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: I have received no kicks, 1 false ban from months ago due to them getting the wrong steamid, and 1 active warning being Failrp which was an honest mistake that I shall not repeat and work to better myself on.
-
What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why: I am applying for Ethics Commitee Member as I believe I would make a good fit for the role even with my directorate time being very short. I have worked closely with the ethics committee and have learned much of how they operate and how I can improve to get this position and improve the site while I am in this position.
-
What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?: I believe with my extensive time working under the ethics committee and serving under several passing and joining members I would be a valued asset to them. I have only recently received DoIA and in that time have seen new policies rise, subdivisions come for approval and more. I have worked under the committee as an assistant and was a valued asset along with other Assistants in the evaluation of the department of IA. In my time as ambassador I worked with 2 subdivisions creating one which has now been passed to Rick when I ascended to the role of Director. As E11 I have seen deeper ways into how an MTF group operates and can use that info to better assist O1 in their day to day operation.
-
What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?: The ethics committee in RP handle approving tests as small as 914 all the way up to 008 and 110 MONTAUK protocol. They are to make sure everything is being handled in an orderly and ethical manner and that deaths among the workplace whether it be of d class personnel that did not have to die or gensec that shot one another do not occur. They assign IA new assignments or investigations, give orders to ECA, O1, and when needed can authorize KOS past airlock, advanced armory, Code Black, or if desperate can detonate the on site warhead.
-
What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?): The ethics committee out of RP handle site policies along with O5 and SA, handle voting on ECA, ECM, and DoIA. Just as well they handle writing or rewriting of the CoE or delivering verdicts and clarifications to the FLC and CoE when needed.
-
Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:
My name is Director Jonker "Ignotus". I was a normal civilian out for a car ride when alarms started sounding in the pinewood area. I thought nothing of it thinking it must be a drill. I saw helicopters fly quickly overhead and a man in a plague doctor costume running from the military base. He greeted me and continued running. I was quickly stopped and given amnestics. When I woke up, I was in some offices among some people telling me to take a test which I passed, and they handed me a smudged ID showing the name Josher and the codename "Owl". Recently memories have begun to dig out from my mind. They all began when another 049-breach occurred. He found me hiding in a closet and stepped closer to me "I know you. You're that civilian." I responded in kind stating I had no idea what he meant but then he spoke once more "Hello, Jonker.". As soon as he spoke memories flooded into my mind. Memories of who I am and what I was. Memories of where I came from and what had happened that night. Sadly, my memories have turned into more of a slow trickle now. I realize I am no longer normal; I am now a part of something I cannot get myself out of no matter how hard I may try. After realizing this I chose to not focus on my inescapable life but rather seek to better it and better the world and the site. I may not be able to escape the life I have brought down to myself, but I will advance so that I may better others and my own life. I feel pieces breaking off from my memory. Coworkers, friends, enemies, they would all splinter off and be forgotten. I went to a medical checkup, and they confirmed my suspicions. The amnestics long term effects have begun and my memory is getting hazier. This I decided was to become closer with the ethics committee and work even more directly under their control. After joining under the ethics committee as an assistant I would look back to my old department of Internal Affairs and see open positions and opportunities arise. I would work as hard as i could to reshape this department to be the best it could be along with Harold.

After the promotion

Not long after I got the Internal Affairs director position I began to look higher. To my superiors the ethics committee. I thought about how they operated, how they thought, how they felt, as I thought this as email appeared in my inbox

"Jonker we know you are reading this and you have some inquiries. Please meet with us as soon as you can."

Once I was done reading the email I packed a briefcase with all my documents including an application I had planned to hand in later that day. I arrived at the ethics offices but nobody seemed to be there. Atleast that is what I thought before I was quickly tied up with a bag placed over my head and everything stripped away. I was dragged into a dark room with only the shadows of 7 men being visible. These must be the ECM and O1 I thought.

"Hello sir. I came here as soon as i received the Email."

"I already know Jonker. We know of your plans to apply and have dragged you here to inform you that you are to be...."

Signed: Director of Internal Affairs Jonker "Ignotus"

Marion

Aug 5, 2023
+MAJOR SUPPORT

- its jonker
- very dependable
- IA Director
- Extremely good at his job
- Active
- Amazing

SquirrellyJr

Dec 30, 2022
Canada
-Support
You openly disrespected SA and now you want to work alonside them?
You just got DIA and I have seen you do Nothing of note.
I believe other members of Site Administration will share the same sentiment as I do.
I personally believe if you want to truly become an ECM you work harder in your present role and don't shit talk SA.

1694575735249.png

Scopes

May 2, 2022
Michigan
-Support
I believe other members of Site Administration will share the same sentiment as I do.
I personally believe if you want to truly become an ECM you work harder in your present role and don't shit talk SA.

View attachment 9893
Wow using external discord against someone and being a Site Manager is not cool and quite unprofessional.

+Support

I understand that you don't like Jonker but god damm he's put in a lot of effort and work as IA and I believe he's ready. Nobody I see is fit nor worth the position.

Last edited:

Silent_

Jun 24, 2023
-support
Just got IA Director I would stick around in the position for a bit before moving up just to get some more experience, also disrespecting the people you're going to be working with isn't really good for an Ethics Member.

• Haha
Reactions: Alpa and Scopes

DoomGuy

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 4, 2021
This is a unprofessional comment, being a SL member.
Wow using external discord against someone and being a Site Manager is not cool and quite unprofessional! :eek:

for the application, Jonka while you're a nice pick being DoIA. i think you should stick it for some time. :)

Alpa

Jun 23, 2022
Wow using external discord against someone and being a Site Manager is not cool and quite unprofessional! :eek:
He still said that SA don't do shit though? In a discord with around 80-100 people in it, 5 of which are members of SA. I don't see how it being in an external discord changes anything about him still openly direspecting the work SA does. I don't see what straws you are grasping at to end up calling Squirrelly unprofessional at all for simply pointing out the fact that someone was quite publically shit talking SA then applying for ECM, it is a terrible look.

but besides that

-support
Just got DoIA, put some work into IA first before jumping ship to ethics, you havent shown yourself to be ready for a CL5 position.

Khan

Jan 9, 2023
Australia
-Support

View attachment 9893
personally, i agree with what Squirrly is saying in this, he makes an excellent point about the possibility of being unable to work with SA if they are making comments like these. in an external discord or not it just shows the mentality of how they feel towards site admin which could impact relations.

also the fact you just got DIA and you want to move right up to ethics. i think you should stay DIA for at least 3 weeks or more to really get a feel for the role before moving up to a level 5 position.

(i am allowed to comment on this mercer said it was okay)

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
Wow using external discord against someone and being a Site Manager is not cool and quite unprofessional.
the irony is real

-support you just got it bruh and you diss on SA not cool. Also IA is still not in a good state.

• Haha
Reactions: Scopes

Archie Bambozzini

Aug 3, 2022
i dont think it matters if was an external discord, he still holds those views and it shows how he likley will not be able to work with SA well if he was chosen

-support
mainly for the fact you are new to IA director and it needs some help returning to a good state, and also the reason mentioned above, regardless good luck!

• Haha
Reactions: Khan and Scopes

Gure

Donator
Apr 4, 2023
WA, Australia
-support
sorry but god no, you havent done really anything on DoIA, and you just got it. Already applying of ECM? Develop you department, you applied for director for god sake, not a ticket into a CL5 job. Apply in the future, you apply for director of a department to improve it, not a ticket.

Deftone

Sep 20, 2022
-Support

Very open with his hate of SA, and would be very difficult to work with as an ECM.

Randalls

Oct 26, 2022
-Support

Please get more experience in a Sr.CL4 position before moving up the chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.