[USA] Krakow B. Executive Researcher Application

Krakow B.

Sep 12, 2024
Steam ID: 76561199074528541
Discord name: krakowthebenevolent
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Approx. 236 hours (Joined Aug 7)
In what country are you located?: United States of America
Time zone: PST
Character name: Krakow B.
What server are you applying for?: SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
  • None, I haven’t and don’t intend to play as combative roles.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
  • I have received a verbal warning for metagaming because I pointed out that a doctor having 250 health was “suspicious” (Sorry Byron!). I was unaware that this was against server rules and I intend to act with more consideration toward others' experiences.

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
  1. I hate taking the time from Executive Researchers (or DoR) to supervise my test or sign my documents.
  2. I wish to be able to sign documents for Sr. Researchers and supervise CL-4 tests
  • I feel infinitely appreciative of the Executive Researchers who supervised my tests and I hope to be that person for other researchers. Not only will it allow me to gain perspective by viewing the approaches of other researchers, but it might also allow me to assist in creating an enjoyable experience for them too.
  1. Whether I get approved or not, I wish to receive criticism for what I could do better as a researcher.
  2. I have a lot of fun conducting experiments and writing documents.
  • As an Executive Researcher I would be able to access more SCPs to test on so that I may continue to document all of the SCPs at Site 65.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
  1. I have found that I am capable of assisting Jr. Researchers.
  • There have been a few times where Jr. Researchers would seek out my assistance in understanding the research process. To my own surprise, I found that I was able to guide them through the basics of Research. I never saw myself as much of a teacher, but I believe that I was able to effectively help them get started in their first steps with the Research Department.
  1. I have learned from my higher ups.
  • I would like to thank two Executive Researchers in particular, Weebe and Lanahan. I’m confident that if I had learned from anybody else I wouldn’t feel half as ready to apply for the Executive Researcher position. While all Executive researchers I’ve encountered have been wonderful people, I believe that these two in particular have told me most of the information that isn’t explicitly needed, but is still very good to know. From receiving the information gained from my higher ups it made a large impact on my career and I hope to do the same for others as an Executive researcher.
  1. I have had the chance to make mistakes.
  • While of course mistakes are never intended to be made, that doesn’t mean they can’t have unintended benefits. For example, making a mistake that got me in trouble with Internal Affairs offered me valuable insight as to what it might feel like for a researcher whom I might be called to discipline. I believe that this experience will help me treat those who make mistakes with the gentleness they deserve so as to not foster animosity. While this is only one example of the mistakes I've made, I have also made many mistakes that have allowed me to become a better researcher.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
  • Currently I have written [4] excellent documents. While the second question is incredibly hard to answer because there isn’t one correct answer, I will attempt to do so anyway. I believe that these are a few of the most important things I think make a document excellent:
  1. Formatting
  • This is a very basic aspect that most documents follow without issue, but is still important nonetheless. Correct formatting allows a document to feel more formal and make the reading experience much more pleasant for the reader.
  1. Originality
  • This is one of the hardest aspects of a document to achieve. Being original with your document doesn’t necessarily mean performing an experiment that has never been done before, but could also mean making unique observations or correlations. Even for a predictable and uninteresting experiment, it is still possible to make a creative hypothesis and write interesting speculations and observations about your results. The observations you make might even inspire you to think of new experiments!
  1. Attention to Detail
  • Adding more detail to your document is crucial to helping your reader understand your intentions and findings. Being more detailed about your findings not only helps your document convey information with more clarity, but also helps your document feel more professional. However, detail should only be applied to things that warrant it, as giving too much detail that has little to no bearing on your experiment will confuse your reader. Lastly, good grammar and spelling is another thing that should be paid close attention, as proper grammar and spelling can help your document feel more elegant and professional.
  1. Passion
  • While this is not something that can be critiqued or sometimes even identified, I believe that is one of the most important aspects. Feeling passionate about the experiment you are documenting makes it so much easier to spend the time to make your document excellent. Not only that, passion also helps guide the writer to add elements to make the document feel more authentic. Things like a logo or a picture of your findings can be more powerful than words in communicating the quality of your documents. However, it must be acknowledged that passion is not something you are really able to critique and it technically isn’t even required. Even so I just can’t see someone writing an excellent document who has no interest in doing so.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
  1. Uphold the Code of Ethics and the Research Policy.
  • This is one the most basic responsibilities of any researcher, but for an Executive the stakes are lifted considerably. As an Executive it is inevitable that others will seek to learn from you, and so possessing intimate knowledge of the CoE and RP will be expected. Not only that, Executives must ensure that violations by anyone in the Research Department are properly identified and explained. Following these codes are the foundation of successful and safe research.
  1. Prioritise assisting fellow researchers over your own endeavours.
  • I believe that as an Executive Researcher that you should drop most of your concept of self. If you are even considering applying for Executive Researcher you have likely already been around the block exploring the research department and pursuing things that interest you. Therefore as an Executive Researcher I think it is your primary objective to give your time to others so that they can do the same. Executive Researchers should have no problem taking the necessary time to grade or critique documents, because these actions have an outsized impact on the people you are helping. Of course this doesn’t mean that an Executive Researcher can’t do their own thing, but they should be mindful of how meaningful new experiences can be for more junior members of the Research Department.
  1. Try as hard as possible to create healthy relationships with other researchers.
  • It is obviously impossible to get along with everyone you come across, but if you are able to then I believe that there are surprisingly pleasant benefits to be had. I think that having a positive relationship comes most in handy when you need to explain the mistakes that a researcher has made. It is much easier to accept that you have done something wrong when you know that the person telling you has your best interest in mind. Whether it be a minor critique of your document or explaining why Internal Affairs detained you, the advice given is much more powerful from someone you respect.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Krakow B. was born into a rich American family and grew up hating it. He hated knowing things were as easy as they got and that there was no excuse for failure. Most of all he hated being labeled as the rich kid who probably had his parents buy him through his education. He didn’t bother trying to make a social life, what's the point when everyone already (thinks they) knows who you are? Spiteful of his upbringing he sought to become the most prestigious job he could, do anything people thought he was too lazy for. Upon first hearing about the SCP Foundation it didn’t seem real. He always loved knowing secrets, but this opportunity felt like something greater than that. This was a chance to work with things that didn’t make any sense, to make achievements that are still thought to be impossible by science. Ironically, the Foundation only hired Krakow because his parents paid them off. No one cared that some rich kid got bought into a research position, but Krakow would make them care. He had to...

Last edited:

Clarky H.

Oct 7, 2024
+support

Krakow B. has been outstanding in helping a Jr. Researcher like I was, climb to that of a Researcher and now soon a Sr. Researcher. Honestly, without his help I don't think I would've lasted that long or had the courage to seek assistance from others, but this man was truly my knight in shining armor. Everything from how to properly conduct research and handle your subjects for testing was all taught with percision, and in just a few short days I was already drafting up research document ideas for my own research. He is undoubtably one of the best researchers I have come by, he adds a level of fun and interest to each test making you want to come back again which is why I think he would also make a great Exec.

Kevin Backwater

Sep 1, 2024
++Support
Good Guy
See him almost everyday

Krakow, I think this really sums up how much people don't know about what executives do, but you seem to have this understanding that as an executive, you will sacrifice your time for others and give a lot of yourself to those people. "Prioritize assisting fellow researchers over your own endeavors." This statement shows you are not only ready to do so, but you will strive to do so for anyone you meet, and my interactions with you have been nothing but good, and I feel that if anyone is ready, it would be you! I agree with how he answers these questions.

1. Formatting
  • This is a very basic aspect that most documents follow without issue, but is still important nonetheless. Correct formatting allows a document to feel more formal and make the reading experience much more pleasant for the reader.
  1. Originality
  • This is one of the hardest aspects of a document to achieve. Being original with your document doesn’t necessarily mean performing an experiment that has never been done before, but could also mean making unique observations or correlations. Even for a predictable and uninteresting experiment, it is still possible to make a creative hypothesis and write interesting speculations and observations about your results. The observations you make might even inspire you to think of new experiments!
  1. Attention to Detail
  • Adding more detail to your document is crucial to helping your reader understand your intentions and findings. Being more detailed about your findings not only helps your document convey information with more clarity, but also helps your document feel more professional. However, detail should only be applied to things that warrant it, as giving too much detail that has little to no bearing on your experiment will confuse your reader. Lastly, good grammar and spelling is another thing that should be paid close attention, as proper grammar and spelling can help your document feel more elegant and professional.
  1. Passion
  • While this is not something that can be critiqued or sometimes even identified, I believe that is one of the most important aspects. Feeling passionate about the experiment you are documenting makes it so much easier to spend the time to make your document excellent. Not only that, passion also helps guide the writer to add elements to make the document feel more authentic. Things like a logo or a picture of your findings can be more powerful than words in communicating the quality of your documents. However, it must be acknowledged that passion is not something you are really able to critique and it technically isn’t even required. Even so I just can’t see someone writing an excellent document who has no interest in doing so."

This is what i love to see: someone who understands how to write documents at a high level and can pick out things like this ↓
Detail should only be applied to things that warrant it, as giving too much detail that has little to no bearing on your experiment will confuse your reader.

i would be careful with this one, i know its not common but when grading a LCZ document, look for this to make or break a grade. While this is not a bad thing to look for, if you grade documents heavily on this, you will find LCZ to all be poor or only average, because sometimes its not about if the idea is new, but it can be as simple as one guy wanting to do a SCP-330 test and find the different colors of candy, and then a guy who wants to look at them under a molecular microscope and see what he can see beyond just color or shape.
  1. Originality

i personally like that you talk about Code of Ethics and Research Policy; it shows a desire to read and understand the rules set before you. its key that you not only understand these but also be able to explain them to others who may not fully understand them. and on top of this, you want to create healthy relationships with others; thats great! but do not forget to take some time for your self and chill out
  1. Uphold the Code of Ethics and the Research Policy.
  • This is one the most basic responsibilities of any researcher, but for an Executive the stakes are lifted considerably. As an Executive it is inevitable that others will seek to learn from you, and so possessing intimate knowledge of the CoE and RP will be expected. Not only that, Executives must ensure that violations by anyone in the Research Department are properly identified and explained. Following these codes are the foundation of successful and safe research.
  1. Try as hard as possible to create healthy relationships with other researchers.
  • It is obviously impossible to get along with everyone you come across, but if you are able to then I believe that there are surprisingly pleasant benefits to be had. I think that having a positive relationship comes most in handy when you need to explain the mistakes that a researcher has made. It is much easier to accept that you have done something wrong when you know that the person telling you has your best interest in mind. Whether it be a minor critique of your document or explaining why Internal Affairs detained you, the advice given is much more powerful from someone you respect.

As I stated above, Krakow is an amazing researcher, and I have seen tests you have made, and almost always there are very small details that you will find in those documents that tell you he loves research and wants to progress further. He strives to improve at every turn and has shown some amazing qualities that fit this role well.

AbdulLanahan

Jan 13, 2024
+ support
- does amazing work
- is dedicated to research
- has done phenomenal work in LRT being regarded as one of my top members
- let him cook

Maxwelli

Feb 15, 2024
Germany
+Support.

-As the first member of LRT. I give him the badge of honour for his Amazing work and his dedication. He's great

Jan 27, 2022
Incoming Message...
Message Received!

To: KrakowB756@Foundation.org
Subject: Application moving onto next phase: Interview

Dear Krakow B,
Thank you for your application into the position of Executive Researcher. I am happy to inform you that your application has been approved for the next stage of the promotion process! Please reach out to Barry(ratgod101 on the discord) to schedule your interview. We are excited to speak with you, and hopefully welcome you into Research Leadership if the interview goes well.

Sincerely, Deputy Director Corgeon Keagan Cornwall.

Krakow B.

Sep 12, 2024
Incoming Message...
Message Received!

To: KrakowB756@Foundation.org
Subject: Application moving onto next phase: Interview

Dear Krakow B,
Thank you for your application into the position of Executive Researcher. I am happy to inform you that your application has been approved for the next stage of the promotion process! Please reach out to Barry(ratgod101 on the discord) to schedule your interview. We are excited to speak with you, and hopefully welcome you into Research Leadership if the interview goes well.

Sincerely, Deputy Director Corgeon Keagan Cornwall.
Thank you very much! I will do so immediately...

Reactions: Alan Froud