Zero Hero

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 15, 2022
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:571768

Discord name:
Don't forget Hawaii#8207

For how long have you played on CG SCP:
Over two years ago, on the 13th of February 2022, was when I first began playing.
I have about 827 hours in the server
q0KyjHxIk6ASxIlPa1o9S54hpuHD2ZhGneGrcMobPJt0J_a0-GycK9BXyUXxuJOWalxFN1gq2uu_Q8so85qD7q5FOkY0kRxQX8CwIxkIb1uymiy1TpAHYwj5BGRcTLKAw1W_ZoHoBjlrquTqyjuSViI

In what country are you located?:
USA

Time zone:
EST

Character name(s):
Kylie Ringer, Silvio Fonti

Civilian name:
Alexander Deacon

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
SCP-RP USA

Do you have a mic?:
Yes.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
  • HELD:
  • Site Director
  • E-11 SGT
  • DEA Special Agent
  • Overseer Assistant
  • Director of Research

• HOLDING:
  • Executive Researcher
  • DEA Senior Agent
  • Security Captain
  • Nu-7 PVT

Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
None.

Why are you applying for Director of Research?

I am applying for Director of Research because Research will need an experienced and dedicated Department Director in the coming months. The Research Command team has seen a sharp decline since Ivy’s resignation. To be specific, the research command team has lacked some vital organizational capabilities, with a huge backlog of executive applications dating back several weeks while we haven’t hosted a command meeting in almost a month. As Director of Research, I will strive to reorganize the command team and ensure that the department is well-handled and revitalized.

There are a few core solutions which will achieve this:

• Closer contact between Site Administration, Site Command, and the Research Department.
    As DoR, I will work with Site Administration and Site Command closely to ensure that necessary policy changes and additions are made quickly and efficiently. I will efficiently and effectively work with SA to ensure that there will be reduced bureaucracy and inefficiency in implementing vital policies. As the department is now directly overseen by members of the Overseer Council, I will ensure that the department is open to receive and execute the will of the council as requested. I will open channels of communication between Site Command and the command team to allow this to happen.
  • Joint-departmental operations.
    As DoR, I will encourage joint research ventures to improve relations and the site as a whole. By forming stronger bonds between departments, communication becomes much smoother, which benefits everyone involved. Organizing these events between departments will also provide new perspectives into research which can help to refocus efforts and provide new, creative concepts for researchers to work with.
  • Training researchers.
    As DoR, I will strive to revitalize our training efforts. I have already taken steps as an executive to contribute towards this with the launch of the Research Leadership Program which subsidizes informational lectures which educate other members of our department. I will encourage researchers both in and out of the command team to host lectures and conduct group studies. I believe that cultivating a culture of leadership among both our command and standard elements will go extremely far in safeguarding the department, ensuring that it is kept in good hands for generations to come. Education is the main priority of the Research Department, and it should go without saying for that mission objective to apply towards the education of our own researchers as well. Making sure that our researchers are prepared to conduct their tasks on-site will ensure that the department as a whole is strengthened.
  • Activity.
    I will work closely and cordially with Director Ovaiss and the executives to push for better activity department wide. While a Director’s role on-site pales in comparison to their responsibilities off-site, keeping an active role in research operations on the day-to-day can be inspirational to members of lower ranks, and I hope to cultivate an environment where someone is always readily available to help a researcher when they need it.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:

I have been with the Research Command team since January of 2022. In this time, I have gained a comprehensive understanding of how the department functions, and what it demands from its DoRs. I have worked closely with all facets of its command during this time. I have been vocal in the construction process for some policy changes and additions, such as the implementation of testing procedures on SCP-1162, and the requirements of a document for sampling.

My prolonged experience as an Executive Researcher and Director of Research also puts me above other candidates for the role, as I am fully versed in the expectations of a Director. I was one once, after all. I have played a part in helping new Executives adjust to the position, which is one of the primary duties of a DoR. My experiences as both Site Director and Director of Research has also proven that I hold the necessary skills required for the management of a department, and prior tenure as a Senior CL4 and Department Director makes me a prime candidate for the role.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:

The Director of Research has a few responsibilities on-site. These include the following:

• Macro-management of the department. Give assignments to and counsel Executive Researchers. Uphold the Chain of Command.
  • Review cross-test approval requests, giving feedback and approve the requests as necessary.
  • Mentor all ranks of researchers. Provide orientation to new Executives and ensure that all Executives are conducting their duties properly
  • Communicate with peers, give and receive vital feedback to continually improve the department
  • Organize the department. Host meetings with the command team, keep tabs on the command team to form a strong bond between the DoRs and Executives.
  • Work cordially with other departments to accommodate policy changes. Communication and transparency will benefit everyone.
  • Handle Executive Researcher applications. Give Executives a chance to speak their thoughts about the applicant.
  • Oversee Research Operations and uphold the CoE and CoC respectively in regards to Research.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:

https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/kyle-ash-ringer.13585/

yeah, thats why i put

on my app.

you cant really pretend im not an active exec when youre often in the command chats while im also there and one of the few execs putting in activity logs.
You can't say you're active when you've put very little time into your Executive character since receiving the White List. Not to mention you are currently on your trial period. (you haven't even had the WL for 2 weeks)

Last edited:

Zero Hero

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 15, 2022
Not to mention you are currently on your trial period. (you haven't even had the WL for 2 weeks)
1710193025136.png
oh okay i guess you'll have to change your +support of tomato's app to a -support if thats the case
be smarter with your defamation.

View attachment 14008
oh okay i guess you'll have to change your +support of tomato's app to a -support if thats the case
be smarter with your defamation.
Except Tomato has been actively playing his executive character while he was a legacy, you've barely touched your executive character and think you're entitled to DoR?

I will keep my -Support, you are not fit for the position at the moment, if you play your executive character that might change.

Last edited:

Brewer 2.0 / Celtic

Blacklisted Player
Dec 18, 2023
Although others can vouch for your past. I unfortunately can't for your present.

You do well in Nu-7, however I rarely see you on RsD.

Get some more experience and I believe you'll obtain the position!

Zero Hero

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 15, 2022
Application withdrawn due to upcoming IRL commitments this spring. Good luck to the other applicants :)

Status
Not open for further replies.